More match-fixing claims set to rock NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Imo match fixing by players is not rife.

Official corruption/ manipulation , on the other hand....
This is the thing that has always gotten me. The very much incompetent NRL are capable of anything organised let alone manipulation?

For me they are just plain incompetent.

i understand they cant legally name players or clubs under investigation, but im sick and tired of reading about it... If they have enough proof to write 100 articles a week about it, then i wanna see players banned for life now.. not wait 3 seasons until someone finally gets a wrist slap ALA sharks doping scandal
It'll be just like the Olympics, wait for three years to find out who was doping.

It'll be just like the Olympics, wait for three years to find out who was doping.

Yep and just prior to the next Olympics they'll announce another few Gold Medal dopers.

You have to say some of the results were " out there" this time around , very suspicious I think!

Personally, I think fixing a match in the NRL is quite stupid.

There's not enough money in rugby league at the moment to warrant such huge bets without it being discovered.

You'd have to lay out a fair bit to get back money enough to make it worth it. And you'd think that that amount of money bet would be noticed.

Whether it's true or not, either the player is an idiot or the journalists are dopey b******s for writing about something they can't prove.

The taint of match fixing is much worse than a salary cap breach. That is a black mark that never leaves. Look at the Pakistani cricket team. And Hansie Cronje ("The devil made me do it!" What a crock. Enjoy your plane ride, mate).

My brain is now done. It did its dash for the week.

Personally, I think fixing a match in the NRL is quite stupid.

There's not enough money in rugby league at the moment to warrant such huge bets without it being discovered.

Just checked the Betfair NRL Premiership Marking $896,000 in pool. That is just one agency and just one of the markets. Tonight's game already has $25K in the Pick The Winner Pool, 10 hours before kickoff.

The pools are large and growing. But you are right a large bet will attract attention.

What I don't understand is how they get their money on. The pro punters I know have strict limits on them, one guy is only allowed $500 win bet maximum with NSW TAB. All the corporates like Bet365 and William Hill bar you as soon as you win. Some TAB venues, pubs or clubs, also have limits on them, if someone is winning heaps the TAB put a limit on the bets and it applies to all customers.

I know the TAB's and Corporates have customers they call "whales" who are constant losers and they can bet without limit. Often these customers are money laundering or getting rid of excess cash legally.

The Holden Cup is the place where there is money to be made, just follow the money.

Last edited:
@bob dylan

If actually fixing a game is an uncertain enterprise and the best method is inside knowledge for the spread;

Thought ... if big punters are paying players and officials for early inside info ... would the big agencies also be paying players and officials for the same info.

Just checked the Betfair NRL Premiership Marking $896,000 in pool. That is just one agency and just one of the markets. Tonight's game already has $25K in the Pick The Winner Pool, 10 hours before kickoff.

The pools are large and growing. But you are right a large best will attract attention.

What I don't understand is how they get their money on. The pro punters I know have strict limits on them, one guy is only allowed $500 win bet maximum with NSW TAB. All the corporates like Bet365 and William Hill bar you as soon as you win. Some TAB venues, pubs or clubs, also have limits on them, if someone is winning heaps the TAB put a limit on the bets and it applies to all customers.

I know the TAB's and Corporates have customers they call "whales" who are constant losers and they can bet without limit. Often these customers are money laundering or getting rid of excess cash legally.

The Holden Cup is the place where there is money to be made, just follow the money.
But the newspaper report on Liam Foran showed the lengths some go to to spread the money. He was reportedly going to 10 places to get the 98k win out :cool:

Maybe the extent of Buzz like 'deposits' is just being unearthed.

The rules should be changed so that monies above 1k can only be withdrawn into bank accounts. Then AUSTRAC can monitor it easily @:cool:

just ban gambling on the NRL
When betting first started in the 80s, all the arguments against it were presented, and were more or less ridiculed by the vested interests as conspiracy theories (before that term actually grew legs and became the standard for shutting down dialogue questioning the motives of known liars)........and all the arguments have miraculously materialised.....

I have seen widely reported on social media the club / player this is " supposedly" about, naturally I won't mention it on here out of deference to @Dan , but I , like the rest of you agree that enough of the bull**** stories to sell newspapers , lay it on the line or shut the **** up!!!

Sports betting has always and still is an absolute blight on sport, too easily corrupted. Google match fixing and it gives you tips on what to look for if you think a soccer match result is suspicious.

Unfortunately EVERY possible sport that you can bet on has been tainted.

People have been making a lot of money for years off the NRL and many have lost of course. The NRL/(police) have always known about it but because the media have been digging, all of sudden the NRL feign surprise and act all self righteous, BHC.

Off course people need to be banned from the game for match fixing. And the people that know about it and cover it up in an official capacity as a coach at the club of a player involved for instance, needs to be banned IMO.

And a further thing...........a friend of mine is a youth worker and there are big problems with teens gambling online. And here we have a sport watched and with many young people participating in with gambling adverts slapped all over the place. Go figure.

At the end of the day money is important to the NRL, broadcasters and advertisers not peoples welfare.

everyone says "Can't be done!"

At the very least - BAN ADVERTISING for gambling?
This can be done.
They banned cigarette advertising because it kills people.
So does gambling.
Including banning the promotion of gambling by the NRL and clubs.

It's a deficiency mindset that causes people to sell out like this.

In the long run, and even moment to moment, deficiency mindsets never make people genuinely happier, less stressed, or more satisified with life.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2