More importantly, where does this leave 2019?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
bright side.jpg
I hope I am wrong and I love the Sea Eagles but I can't believe the positivity on here for next year? I just don't see it, for mine we're bottom 8 for sure and probably bottom 4 again. What's going to change? We have
  • Basically the same team that's led us to one of the worst seasons in our history.
  • More than likely the same dud coaching staff
  • Hopeless management and owners who wont invest in the club
  • A salary cap penalty
  • A master organisation being the NRL that doesn't want us and will do what they can to wreck us.
Like we do every year (recently) we'll pick up a couple more journey men from other clubs and whilst we get excited about being able to pick up the odd journey man or two the stronger clubs pick up the stars. In our current state which star would join us? Even if they would we don't have the money anyway. The weak get weaker and the strong get stronger.

The thought that we will be a competitive force again next year is laughable if it wasn't so sad.

Not even close.
We are 1-2M behind the huge TPA teams like Roosters, Storm, Broncos, Cows and very possibly the Warriors and that 1-2M is almost all in their top 17's. Don't believe the bullsh!t TPA figures put out by the NRL.

Lets look at those teams. Brisbane hasn't won since 2006, and the Cows, Warriors and Roosters have two combined premierships this century. Again, a good team like the 2008 Sea Eagles can easily account for a team like Melbourne who were a million dollars over the cap that year. You can have all of the off field resources in the world but that sometimes doesn't mean a lot in league.

Lets look at those teams. Brisbane hasn't won since 2006, and the Cows, Warriors and Roosters have two combined premierships this century. Again, a good team like the 2008 Sea Eagles can easily account for a team like Melbourne who were a million dollars over the cap that year. You can have all of the off field resources in the world but that sometimes doesn't mean a lot in league.

..... and the two teams with the biggest and most successful nurseries and junior rep results..... plus all the money pokies can supply ... have ...

Parra ... no premierships in over 30 years ....

Penrith ... 2 premierships in over 50 years ...

Totally agree mate, I was merely correcting your statement that "we have the same amount of money to spend on players as every other team"..

..... and the two teams with the biggest and most successful nurseries and junior rep results..... plus all the money pokies can supply ... have ...

Parra ... no premierships in over 30 years ....

Penrith ... 2 premierships in over 50 years ...

So success can be be at least partially attributed to intangibles such as culture.

So success can be be at least partially attributed to intangibles such as culture.

Of course ... but which comes first .... winning or the culture ...

The late great coach of the century, Jack Gibson is on record as saying that when he considered going to a club, the first thing he looked at was the front office .... he always said that success started there ...

Then you only need about 123 other factors to align ... plus a lot of luck ... to win a comp ....

Cronulla brought in 6 Australian coaches and many mercenaries and it still took them 50 years to get one ... undefeated teams have gone all year to lose at the final hurdle ..... Politis runs a great front office and gives his team every advantage .... but it is rarely enough ..

It is always a lottery, and often the best team with the best preparation doesn't win ..... average coaches have premierships and some excellent coaches don't ... some bog average players have premierships and many great ones don't ...

It is why we have been blessed with amazing success and circumstances at Manly ....

But don't despair or become negative ... because they are the kryptonite to successful culture .... remember that shared adversity is the best breeding ground for the desire for success ..

2019 starting lineup I'd like to see.

1.Turbo
2.J Anderson
3. T Funa
4. Walker
5. Suli
6. LG
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Api
10. M.Taupau
11. Thommo
12. Siro
13 Jake
14. Tanginoa
15.Paseka
16. Sipley
17. Fainu

1.D Walker
2.J Anderson
3. T Turbo
4. Tom Wright
5. Jorge/Suli
6. B Kelly
7. DCE
8. AFB
9. Api
10. M.Taupau
11. Thommo
12. Siro
13 Jake
14. Tanginoa
15.Paseka
16. Sipley
17. Fainu

:nerd:

1 T Trbojevic
2 Taufua
3 Walker
4 Kelly
5 Anderson
6 Elgey
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Fonua-Blake
9 Koroisau
10 Taupau
11 Thompson
12 Sironen
13 J Trbojevic

14 Fainu
15 Tanginoa
16 Sipley
17 Paseka

I can understand Bozo's early concern regarding Kelly. He struggled at times in his first year. But I cant understand some others in the present who have this kid out of the team. This year he has outplayed almost every other backline player in the side other than DCE. Tom T. has been hot and cold. Walker hasn't been a shadow of his efforts last year (we'll overlook that because of extended injuries) and Taufua is only now showing his worth again (also injuries interfered). Suli, Parker, M. Wright have been OK. Only Kelly has been consistently putting in and its some of his magic plays that get us over the opposition try line. The Walker-Kelly combination when fully fit, is easily our best centre combination

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12