More Drama At Manly

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe Zorba didn't like the apology letter going out from the club CEO to the all self-important cowards that rip into people that are achievers that are having a go in their life while they sit at home having a sausage roll and think they're suddenly experts.
Thanks for the 'Dummy Spit' rating @Bird of Prey however, there was no actual dummy spit from me. I was only making a suggestion (using Zorba's reported descriptive words of fans) for the supposed nasty blow up that is supposedly coming very soon. :)

The "blow up"will relate to Zorba and Fulton moving on
As I told the membership guy on the phone last week (twice) I won't renew until at least Zorba is punted. He tried the 'loyalty badge' line as if a pin is going to sway me on this one.
I quickly explained that I'm not seeing club loyalty when personal vendettas are running the show, so I'll wait my time until parting with hard earned for mine and my sons m'ships.

As I told the membership guy on the phone last week (twice) I won't renew until at least Zorba is punted. He tried the 'loyalty badge' line as if a pin is going to sway me on this one.
I quickly explained that I'm not seeing club loyalty when personal vendettas are running the show, so I'll wait my time until parting with hard earned for mine and my sons m'ships.
Great stance.I did the same when they punted Toovey because of grudges.I laughed when they threatened members with the line that if you don't renew,your membership year count resets and you miss out on those $2 pins.I think the Penn's are slowly working out where the problems at the club are

I said this a couple of years back when renewal time came, "NWZA" i said enthousiastically as my reason for not renewing, the lady queried it, i said "Not While Zorba's Around", the poor lady on the other end just sighed (in what seemed very much like agreeance to me) and knew it wasn't worth trying to push any add ons or sway me. She said she would take it on board and note it down with "The Others". I haven't had a call since. Wonder if they kept a list of "The Others". I reckon they'd make a good increase in numbers if they call them all the day (which may not be far away if the rumour mill isnt fibbing) that door is closed.

All I can say to the Sea Eagles management is 'GROW UP!'. This childish rubbish that is little better than who can p..s higher, or 'I'm taking my ball and going home', shows what an immature, self centred lot we have had in charge. Supporters out here look at your actions with utter disgust and wonder if some of those in charge need their diapers changed. I get the impression Cleary is trying his best to get this creaking old club back into working order, but even the foundations need a good work over.

Could you be tempted by a rare coin?

Could you be tempted by a rare coin?
Almost, but not quite. :shake: @:)
There is undoubtedly a core of supporters that feel the pull of things like pins and limited coins, or even the contents of the latest membership kit. Hats off to them and their patience with this lot.
But since the first sign-up for membership, I have looked at this as a donation to the club. The stuff you get is 'meh' generally so I sit back and hope my little bit helps in some way as a brick in the Manly wall.
When you see personalities within the club treating it a play thing for influence and dishing out vendettas, you have to draw a line. I conceded an additional year post-Toovey as I hoped to see things settle now that a side 'won'. Yet nothing has changed.
Some people need conflict and once they get their way, look for the next drama to create. I'm over it.
The players and coach have my full support each and every week. However, while there are the likes of Zorba still with influence, my cash won't be heading to Narrabeen.

IMG_4300.JPG

He's a knob jockey.

We put everything into last week same as the roosters and they were flat too.
We'll be up for the scum next week.

This will be about Cleary vs the Incumbants and what the Penns are prepared to do about it.

More from Weidler's column:

Eagles rock

The situation at Manly is ready to boil over at any moment. There have been some behind-the-scenes meetings during the past week, and those close to the matter say it's going to bubble over again.
Just that poor excuse for a journalist creating headlines, he probably heard Cleary was caught using Penns toilet, he's a sensationalist, rememer all the bs with Foran last year, can't stand the guy.

Maybe Zorba didn't like the apology letter going out from the club CEO to the all self-important cowards that rip into people that are achievers that are having a go in their life while they sit at home having a sausage roll and think they're suddenly experts.
Yes because Zorba is a good judge of what constitutes a coward. Somehow, even in his condition, he managed to dodge Darrell Williams.

These 'self important cowards' that you refer to are the members and supporters
who fund the clubs existence. Working people that love their team, expect effort and in the Manly way, only want to see our own people in there. That is culture. It is what Max Delmege, the man who made it possible for us to even be around today, speaks passionately about.

Yes because Zorba is a good judge of what constitutes a coward. Somehow, even in his condition, he managed to dodge Darrell Williams.

These 'self important cowards' that you refer to are the members and supporters
who fund the clubs existence. Working people that love their team, expect effort and in the Manly way, only want to see our own people in there. That is culture. It is what Max Delmege, the man who made it possible for us to even be around today, speaks passionately about.
Geez you certainly took my post the wrong way didn't you. I was not calling any supporter cowards. I am no fan of Zorba and the words quoted in my post belonged to him as that is what he has been reported as saying. My post was a suggestion to what may be the supposed blow up that is coming soon to the club. If you took it that that is what I was calling fans then you are wrong and if you have taken it that way then I apologise to you as maybe I should have left a disclaimer at the end of the post so that easily offended people like you seem to be wouldn't take it the wrong way.

Something must of resurfaced and ripped the unity within the playing group apart again. Our performance on Saturday was extraordinary in view of the momentum and confidence they should have taken into that match. Our administration is a basket case. If the old heads can't adopt to progress and change then hasta la vista. Personal agendas are cancerous.

From Sporting News - The Lurker

You may have read over the weekend that things are about to get ugly at Manly again.

There's been an uneasy peace between CEO Tim Cleary and head of football Bob Fulton since Cleary punted Kristie Fulton last month.

The pair insists they can still work together but that's near impossible after what's happened.

There will be further blood split very soon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8