more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This seems to be heating up.
Aloiai seems confident and must be damn good, as Gallen though a baboon, has proven what a tough, gutsy fighter he is in the ring and would have expected an Easy Gallen win here....
Aloiai maybe just making a smart $$$ move as these fights generate some decent coin for a very intense, yet short job....
Gallen through a few sledges claiming he did not rate Aloiai at all as a player and maybe he is spending his time training in the ring instead of the footy field and if there was a NSW Cup, Aloiai would have been dropped there.
I feel these fights may be interesting and add plenty of media and fans attention...almost like a circus and that's all they are, but must confess, I love boxing and UFC at all levels and likely watch if it comes together.

Hope Aloiai gets pumped tbh. A reality check would do him nicely.

As Gal said, Aloiai must be spending all his spare time prepping for boxing because his rugby league performances weren’t improving at all by the end of the year.

Why would Gallen commit to such a fight? He's had several fights and put himself onto a certain plane in the corrupt world of pro boxing, in fighting a talented novice he can only go down in the rankings.

as for Oshay, I can only assume Manly agreed to allow this in his contract when we originally signed him. But did we know how bad his wrists were back then? He's had very serious surgeries and missed most of his first season at Manly!

Although I suppose Jesus is on Josh's side so could do well.

(Hey - I wonder what happens in a match if both contestants write Jesus on their wristbands? Probably something in the Old testament about that possibility)

Although I suppose Jesus is on Josh's side so could do well.

(Hey - I wonder what happens in a match if both contestants write Jesus on their wristbands? Probably something in the Old testament about that possibility)
I’d go with “GOD". He’s Jesus’ old man, so I think seniority would be the go. But then there’s that third family member "the Holy Ghost ". But it would take up to much space on the bandaged wrist. :eek:

In the previous thread 'Josh Aloiai to fight Paul Gallen' my comments were:

"Surely there's a duty of care here or at least Manly have a say in it.

Considering we lost Josh for 10 weeks with a wrist injury (let alone time out for other reasons) and now he's in a boxing match beggars belief. Then there's the highly topical subject of concussion risks.

In my (admittedly female) humble opinion, with the coin they're on it beats me why NRL players have to box!"

And those comments still stand.

In my (admittedly female) humble opinion
In my admittedly male humble opinion I've found the opinions of females, if anything, to generally be more sensible than those of males! (who tend to let hubris bravado and delusions of superiority get in the way of actually considering an issue!) @:D

jim carrey harry GIF by Dumb and Dumber To

About 3 weeks ago on Twitter I asked a guy who seems to be in the know at Manly, who would win between Josh and Gallen. He was adamant that Josh will beat him. Apparently he is very handy and did quite a bit of boxing in NZ

Paul Gallen has taken a brutal swipe at Josh Aloiai after the Manly prop challenged him to a bout in December.

Aloiai revealed on Triple M earlier this week that he was in talks with Gallen’s camp to face the NRL legend in the boxing ring.

The 25-year-old is confident he could challenge, boldly saying, “I will win the fight” and revealing, “I’ve been boxing in a gym since I could fight.”

Gallen holds an 11-1-1 record, while the bout would be Aloiai’s professional debut.

“Everyone that’s in the boxing ‘know’ will most likely punt on my side, probably surprisingly. I guess the mainstream people are saying I’m the underdog, but my team and the team that are in the boxing ‘know’... will probably back me,” Aloiai told Triple M.

“There’s a fight deal on the table and we’re just looking over the contract, making sure everything’s all good, going through the process of having lawyers look at it... We’re waiting to see if ‘Gal’ will sign his side.

“I didn’t think I was going to get Gallen straight away. He’s kind of been in my sights for a little while but I didn’t think I was going to get Gallen straight away. So I told No Limit, ‘match me with anyone else’. I think they’re struggling to find people that are willing to fight Gallen.

“Then we came to the conclusion that I’m happy to fight him. I’m ready now.

“In terms of literal fight time Gallen’s got more ring experience, you would say. But in terms of moving around with heavyweights and sparring I would have a lot more ring time than him — I’ve been doing it since I was a kid.”

Gallen responded to the call-out via Wide World of Sports, acknowledging that Aloiai is “no doubt going to be a good boxer” and “there’s a bit of pedigree there,” however the former New South Wales captain took aim at Aloiai’s ability on a footy field.

“I look at his rugby league ability and I don’t see a whole lot there, to be honest, so I think whatever he’s doing in his spare time he’s probably doing boxing,” Gallen told WWOS.

“He’s not working on the weaknesses in his (rugby league) game. I don’t rate him as a player at all and I think he’s lucky there’s no reserve grade comp. I’m pretty sure he got dropped this year.

“He says himself he comes from a boxing background and I think he must be still doing a fair bit of boxing... because I don’t see him as that good a player, to be honest... I just don’t think he’s that crash-hot a player... I just don’t think he’s that good at all.”

“I’m not going to go into what he can or can’t do. He plays a role, he’s got a role to play within the team.

“But after this was earmarked to me, this fight, I watched him pretty closely against the Melbourne Storm in that qualifying final and he was non-existent, really, to be honest.

“I don’t think he rates in the top-20 front-rowers in the game.”

Aloiai joined played 16 games for the Manly Sea Eagles this year after an ugly fallout with the Wests Tigers saw him released from his contract early.

In my admittedly male humble opinion I've found the opinions of females, if anything, to generally be more sensible than those of males! (who tend to let hubris bravado and delusions of superiority get in the way of actually considering an issue!) @:D

jim carrey harry GIF by Dumb and Dumber To
You're right, we're just a bunch of jerkoffs 🤪

Paul Gallen has taken a brutal swipe at Josh Aloiai after the Manly prop challenged him to a bout in December.

Aloiai revealed on Triple M earlier this week that he was in talks with Gallen’s camp to face the NRL legend in the boxing ring.

The 25-year-old is confident he could challenge, boldly saying, “I will win the fight” and revealing, “I’ve been boxing in a gym since I could fight.”

Gallen holds an 11-1-1 record, while the bout would be Aloiai’s professional debut.

“Everyone that’s in the boxing ‘know’ will most likely punt on my side, probably surprisingly. I guess the mainstream people are saying I’m the underdog, but my team and the team that are in the boxing ‘know’... will probably back me,” Aloiai told Triple M.

“There’s a fight deal on the table and we’re just looking over the contract, making sure everything’s all good, going through the process of having lawyers look at it... We’re waiting to see if ‘Gal’ will sign his side.

“I didn’t think I was going to get Gallen straight away. He’s kind of been in my sights for a little while but I didn’t think I was going to get Gallen straight away. So I told No Limit, ‘match me with anyone else’. I think they’re struggling to find people that are willing to fight Gallen.

“In terms of literal fight time Gallen’s got more ring experience, you would say. But in terms of moving around with heavyweights and sparring I would have a lot more ring time than him — I’ve been doing it since I was a kid.”

Gallen responded to the call-out via Wide World of Sports, acknowledging that Aloiai is “no doubt going to be a good boxer” and “there’s a bit of pedigree there,” however the former New South Wales captain took aim at Aloiai’s ability on a footy field.

“I look at his rugby league ability and I don’t see a whole lot there, to be honest, so I think whatever he’s doing in his spare time he’s probably doing boxing,” Gallen told WWOS.

“He’s not working on the weaknesses in his (rugby league) game. I don’t rate him as a player at all and I think he’s lucky there’s no reserve grade comp. I’m pretty sure he got dropped this year.

“He says himself he comes from a boxing background and I think he must be still doing a fair bit of boxing... because I don’t see him as that good a player, to be honest... I just don’t think he’s that crash-hot a player... I just don’t think he’s that good at all.”

“I’m not going to go into what he can or can’t do. He plays a role, he’s got a role to play within the team.

“But after this was earmarked to me, this fight, I watched him pretty closely against the Melbourne Storm in that qualifying final and he was non-existent, really, to be honest.

Aloiai joined played 16 games for the Manly Sea Eagles this year after an ugly fallout with the Wests Tigers saw him released from his contract early.
Gallen isn't wrong he is pretty average. Lets hope his boxing is much better

Lets hope that Gallen inspires him to knock him out in the ring. AND improve his performances on the field next season. He was disappointing in the second part of the season, and we need to see that change in 2022.

About 3 weeks ago on Twitter I asked a guy who seems to be in the know at Manly, who would win between Josh and Gallen. He was adamant that Josh will beat him. Apparently he is very handy and did quite a bit of boxing in NZ
That’s all well and good, but I think Josh should be concentrating on staying on the field for a big longer than he did this year.
Mind you, that’s a decent serve from Gal. Could be just what Josh needs to improve on the field.

Last edited:

Well... Gallen did tackle Justis Huni in their boxing match, so maybe that's why he is harping on about Aloiai's footy prowess...?

Anyway, it's all so boringly predictable:

Promoters: "Let's drum up interest for pay per view $$$$$"

Boxer A: "I hate boxer B"
Boxer B:"I hate boxer A"

~fight~

Post fight:
Boxers A and B: "We love each other!"

Unless there's a rematch then repeat from above.

It's as bad as the wwe or whatever it's called these days

I’d go with “GOD". He’s Jesus’ old man, so I think seniority would be the go. But then there’s that third family member "the Holy Ghost ". But it would take up to much space on the bandaged wrist. :eek:
I'd go with "Mary". Good Jewish boys always answer to their mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4