more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see what happens with this, I’m sure there will be more players involved in discussions like what is taking place and they will be revealed in time. Hopefully none involving any Manly players though

Feathered friend @simon64

This my body my choice mentality comes with consequences as you have stated

It is our body and we have a right to do what ever we want to it but we have no right no risk every other body of infection and possible death

To all the Dr Googles
No one is more qualified than the world health organisation

Congratulation to every responsible soul that chose the freedom vaccine over the fear of conspiracies

You're right on the money Bozo. It is the choice of the individual. But as a teacher, if I were to choose to be unvaccinated, that is deemed to pose too great a risk to others and that is not a choice I get to make.

So go ahead and choose to be unvaccinated.

But if we think others are going to be ok with visiting that choice on them, we better have a longer think about that one.

I can't see December 1 turning into "carte blanche" day somehow.

Last edited:
Also, one point that is important is about qld enforcing 14 day quarantine if unvaxed get covid....which let's be real, it is gonna happen a few times next year. While I am sure a desperate team will take a chance, can you see teams wanting to potentially forfeit qld games as they will need to quarantine?

What if the player is in qld not Sydney. Qld are alot more trigger happy, they may make whole team quarantine everytime an unvaxed get it. Huge ramifications

Last edited:
Feathered friend @simon64

This my body my choice mentality comes with consequences as you have stated

It is our body and we have a right to do what ever we want to it but we have no right no risk every other body of infection and possible death

To all the Dr Googles
No one is more qualified than the world health organisation

Congratulation to every responsible soul that chose the freedom vaccine over the fear of conspiracies
I’m back!!!!! For a short time only……if you choose to not vaccinate then I choose not to employ you! Your body your choice is your right…..my company my choice is my right. If you feel getting vaxxed is detrimental to your health then me employing you is detrimental to my business! You can’t have it both ways!

I will possibly have 2 people in a team of 20 that won't vaccinate. Right now they are holding out until 1 December, working from home or on leave, and are under the impression that they can come back onsite on 1 December. This will not be the case. Soon they will be asked to book a vaccination because my organisation has decided it is too risky for unvaccinated people to be onsite, for us and for them, because we have advice that if they catch covid at work then it becomes a worker's comp matter. Now that the risk managers are involved the choice will be simple, get vaccinated or face termination.

I wonder what he and others are objecting to. Is it the vaccine, the fear of needles or just to uphold the principles of freedom?
I can't imagine he'd be worried about needles as he'd have had multiple stitches etc.
If its the vaccine then, again, he'd have been injected with a concoction of drugs when having his injuries treated.
So it must be the freedom of choice option. That's fine, but you still have to respect the laws of the land. When you go into certain places, such as places of worship, you have to abide by their rules or there is no entry. In certain countries it is against the law to show affection in public etc.
If the NRL decrees that you need to be vaccinated to play in their competition then you either accept the ruling or play elsewhere. It's not too dissimilar to William Hopoate who refused to play on a Sunday, initially. When his football livelihood was threatened he backed down and swallowed his principles.

What is different is that NRL contracts probably didn't include any requirements about vaccinations. So a player may be entitled to refuse to get vaccinated without being in breach of the playing contract, hence still has to be paid even if not allowed to play.

Just guessing of course, but if V'landys and Co thought they could legally get away with forcing jabs they would surely have done so, would be far simpler.

Many footy players are from communities where the vaccine hesitancy rate is higher so far more education needs to be provided in those areas.

Or he could join fellow ersatz American, the watery-eyed Craig Kelly, in the equally obese Clive Palmer’s political party.

It’s like this Craig, if you want to be like a certain type of American, move there and become one.
Or just wait until the Americanisation of Australia is complete? Scott 'All the way with USA' Scomo has us well on the way.

What is different is that NRL contracts probably didn't include any requirements about vaccinations. So a player may be entitled to refuse to get vaccinated without being in breach of the playing contract, hence still has to be paid even if not allowed to play.

Just guessing of course, but if V'landys and Co thought they could legally get away with forcing jabs they would surely have done so, would be far simpler.

Many footy players are from communities where the vaccine hesitancy rate is higher so far more education needs to be provided in those areas.
I'm not sure education will have any meaningful change to the hesitancy rate, just like the current vaccination rates in Byron LGA which is 2nd last in NSW for 2nd dose.

NRL contracts don't include anything about following the road rules either. If a Health Order is in place it exists outside the playing contract system.

I don’t know about NSW but Palachook has a rule that all teachers / health care staff / emergency services / police must be vaccinated by a certain date ( maybe December 1st but don’t quote me ).

Currently any that aren’t are apparently on leave but I’m guessing after December 1st it’s , “ vaccinate or sayonara”.

This may not be completely accurate just saw it on the news a couple of nights ago.

So getting back to the NRL does anyone think they’ll go down the track of “ stadiums only open to the vaccinated “???

Again I’m not sure this is 100% correct but a few of the guys I befriended that are Leeds Rhino’s fans living over there tell me that the ESL are going down this road for their next season.

Interesting times I think!!

Yeah well not sure what you mean about the road rules. As for the health orders yes they definitely override the game of rugby league. I was just wondering about how it affects players contracts. I guess the doctrine of frustration may come into play if for some unforeseeable reason such as a pandemic the player can't perform his duties. All will be revealed over time no doubt (and possibly litigated)

Yeah well not sure what you mean about the road rules. As for the health orders yes they definitely override the game of rugby league. I was just wondering about how it affects players contracts. I guess the doctrine of frustration may come into play if for some unforeseeable reason such as a pandemic the player can't perform his duties. All will be revealed over time no doubt (and possibly litigated)
Definitely litigated I’d say !!

I have noticed that many if not all of the footy players who seem anti-vax and not just talking about the covid vax seem to be of Samoan heritage,I wonder if it is a cultural or religious issue?

I'm not sure about the people of Samoan heritage Joe, but I can promise you, some of the most vocal anti vaxxers are of Arabic extraction. It was amazing how many of them had mask exemptions.

All you had to do was listen to the daily updates we used to have.

Every single day they'd read out the list of suburbs, Merrylands, Guildford, Auburn, Punchbowl, Lakemba....Every one with a high Lebanese population. It got so bad, that Arabic doctor (can't recall his name) had to set up the drive through vaccination centre at Belmore Sports Ground.

Hahaha

This is the same guy that gets on the piss, gets into fights bringing the game into disrepute and if he is mates with Cheese & Munster, luvs snorting lines of alleged salt.

Yet this guy doesn't want to be vaccinated, which is part of the law living in Victoria.

Sack the POS.

I'm probably crazy for sticking my head up and I'll start by saying that I am fully vaccinated as are all the members of my family. We all wear masks where required and scan in and display our passports as required. I'm no one's idea of a rebel

BUT

Haven't we got this arse around. Posters on here (and governments) seem to be concerned that they will contract Covid from unvaccinated people but think they're safe around vaccinated people.

Publicly available scientific evidence suggests that vaccination reduces the adverse health impacts of Covid on the vaccinated person but does little to stop that person getting infected or carrying the disease. The only thing that stops you from contracting and carrying Covid is to contract the disease and then recover. A very extensive study in Israel determined that people who recover are 16 times more resistant to Covid than the vaccinated. If you're at the football standing next to a vaccinated person on one side and an unvaccinated person on the other they are both as likely to be carrying the disease. The unvaccinated person is more likely to get sick from it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9