More Cash for Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting that the Gorman haters from 12 months ago have gone very quiet. Many saying he hasn’t delivered a thing, not setting the club up for success, hasn’t signed a player etc etc.

Wonder what they think of Lyall now after;

1. New northern grandstand
  2. New Centre of Excellence
  3. Close to $40 m funding for ground improvements in the Bank
  4. Significantly better member/fan engagement
  5. More affordable membership packages
  6. Revamped coaching team and stable off field management team
  7. Active social media presence with regular club news delivered daily
  8. Probably many more
I think those critics were actually one Mr Peterides, using multiple aliases.

There's a lot more emails coming out with decent content (mainly player interviews, etc). As a level of fan engagement, I think this is better in previous years. Emailing me is fine...I don't need a personalised visit. I don't even miss that 'log into the members zone thing'. In fact I'm not sure it still exists. People would get the info and post it on here.

I think (my point of view) it's disingenuous to say fan engagement is down or at the same levels. The new committee that @The Wheel and @Mitch , etc are on also gives us a voice. Mr Gorman has responded quickly members emails that people have sent from this site, so I think that has improved.

But as Loobs said, I would like to see something actually happen ground wise, or c of e wise before we have the parade. Getting tired of all this money sitting around doing nada!

I have to admit I thought things first started feeling like Manly again when they announced Dessie was back.

That really excited me, like when you were a kid playing hide & seek & you suddenly needed to go to the toilet hahaha!

But seriously, everything that's happened since then seems to have happened the Manly way.

From what I've seen, Des has definitely had an influence on not only our defensive structures but also on the intangible qualities like hunger, DESire & strong cameraderie.

You can also sense Des & Crusher weaving their magic in regards to recruitment - Waddell is showing great signs of being a definite keeper & the fact that Boyle has been fast-tracked into the top 17 despite not having played at NRL level for over a year shows someone has seen something in him that puts him ahead of the likes of Perrett, etc.

It's instilled a level of confidence in my perception of our club that is growing every game & is a great feeling to have once again.

Back on the subject and no disrespect to Lyall or anyone who has worked hard for the upgrades at brookie. But after watching on Easter Monday I must say I feel underwhelmed with what’s instore at brookvale. Sat there in Thailand watching that game so jealous of parramatta having that as a home ground couldn’t stop
Asking myself why can’t manly have a Venue like that.

Back on the subject and no disrespect to Lyall or anyone who has worked hard for the upgrades at brookie. But after watching on Easter Monday I must say I feel underwhelmed with what’s instore at brookvale. Sat there in Thailand watching that game so jealous of parramatta having that as a home ground couldn’t stop

Unfortunately it's due to politics.

I listened to that game on the radio (triple M) & it was SOOOOO obvious all the callers (Girds, MG, Ginnane, Spud Carroll, Ruan Sims) plus all the heads they interviewed (Ray Price, Brett Kenny etc) had drunk the Koolaid & were regurgitating the script Greenburg had issued - it was all about how great the stadium was, how it was a "game-changer for our sport" & so on.

I swear every single one of the abovementioned used the term "game-changer" to describe the new stadium.

I listened to that game on the radio (triple M) & it was SOOOOO obvious all the callers (Girds, MG, Ginnane, Spud Carroll, Ruan Sims) plus all the heads they interviewed (Ray Price, Brett Kenny etc) had drunk the Koolaid & were regurgitating the script Greenburg had issued - it was all about how great the stadium was, how it was a "game-changer for our sport" & so on.

I swear every single one of the abovementioned used the term "game-changer" to describe the new stadium.
It should be but there should be a smaller version at brookvale and one on the southern end of Sydney.

Because in Sydney, politically, on a state and federal level , the north and south of Sydney don't rate, it's the western suburbs that will decide who's in power, despite the fact that in taxation con
Keep the faith Cambo - if you think the club is stopping at the Northern stand/COE think again
I hope you're right TW

Keep the faith Cambo - if you think the club is stopping at the Northern stand/COE think again
Yes, I imagine that the remaining wooden benches don't have a long future ahead of them; the eastern extension of the JT/KA Stands could happen in the next few years and we will also see a push for further backroom improvements in the JT - plus some improvements to the F-M Stand, or a complete rebuild of the latter to incorporate commercial facilities fronting Pittwater Rd.

Then a corner stand a la the Arko on the other side of the F-M, new extended roofs on the two oldest stands and eventually a stand taking up at least part of the hill. All of this has been mooted in previous plans for the ground, so I am not making it up. Purely a matter of funding, approval and sequencing. Having the Coalition in power in NSW for at least four more (probably longer) years helps.

It's all (about to be) happening.

I think the club is doing heaps better. My son got a birthday card for Manly signed by a few of the players and when I through it out after a few weeks he got it out of the recycling because he was so proud that they wrote to him. It was all photo copied signatures but to a 10 yo boy he was wrapped.

The club has been much better this year with info on players and game day info than in years gone by. They still could be better don’t get me wrong it its getting better.

There are some main reasons that the new stadium has been built while Brookie is stuck in an 80s and 90s time loop.

Politics. Its in a marginal political seat. You know the movie saying of "If you build it, he will come"?? Well, in politics its if you build it, they will vote. Being in what is classed as a growth area also helps. The Northern Beaches on the other hand is considered a safe haven for the Liberal party.

The other is that there will be more than one tenant at Western Sydney. The Worms and Tigpies in the NRL, the Wanderers in the A-league, and even the Waratah's in Super Rugby will play games there. That's 3 major tenants and one part time tenant in national and international competitions. Unfortunately the Sydney FC and Waratahs games at Brookvale earlier this year are games too few and far between which basically leaves Manly as the only permanent resident of the ground.

Getting caught up in hype often means you can't see the bigger picture. When the Worms and Tigpies aren't winning, and the novelty of the new stadium wears off later this year or next, crowds will drop to the 10-15k range or less. The Wanderers will be more likely to pull a crowd than the NRL teams.

Which Slime are you referring to there @Growler FNQ ??

The Donkeys? Faders? Puppies? Gummies? Tits? Scum? Drugcastle? Worriers? Cows? Worms? Pussies? Vermin? Dragoons? Rorters? Tigpies?

There's 15 to choose from, 16 if you count No Real Leadership themselves @:p@:cool:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8