More Backs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
I was under the impression we were lacking forwards ?
Backs:
Brett Stewart
David Williams
Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Michael Robertson
Tony Williams
William Hopoate
Michael Oldfield
Dean Whare
Kieran Foran
DCE

Forwards:
Jason King
Brent Kite
George Rose
Matt Cross
Shane Rodney
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Matt Ballin
Joe Gulavou
Jamie Buhrer
Daniel Harrison
Darcy Lussick
James Cunningham
Vic Mauro

I may have left some out.

It would have been handy to have kept Farrar to cover in the backs. The backline currently looks good, but if we get a few injuries / suspensions we could be in trouble.

Doesn't the team look so much stronger headed by one B. Stewart.

2011 - Bring it on.

There are only four props listed, and of them King is the only one who had a good 2010 season. Unless there are others I don;t know about, or they are going to covert some of the backrowers to props, then this is where we will struggle.
Four props is nowhere near enough to cover for a season.

i wouldnt put him there, although i do reckon he should get some minutes roving around the middle of the field as a secend rower/centre, he needs to get fitter. Imagine if he was fit and making busts up the middle as a second rower !

Barry Hyland link said:
There are only four props listed, and of them King is the only one who had a good 2010 season. Unless there are others I don;t know about, or they are going to covert some of the backrowers to props, then this is where we will struggle.
Four props is nowhere near enough to cover for a season.

I thought Kite had a great back half of the season.  With Big George struggling late in the year after an unbelievable start I think our props got shown up as a little too one dimensional.  Actually I think our whole pack did to an extent and that's probably due to a change in game style with a new halves combination, no player suffered that change more than Choc.

As far as our backs are concerned, I'm not worried at all by our depth.  Snake, Wolfman, Hoppa, Oldfield and DCE.  None of those of those guys played in the last game of the season and all bar Oldfield should be starting regulars next year, or at least they would be in my side.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6