Monas to Knights?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

willstyles

Bencher
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/knights-set-to-get-salary-cap-break/2007/04/11/1175971178693.html

Newcastle are likely to be granted salary cap relief following the retirement of Andrew Johns that would allow them to spend about $240,000 on a new player or players for this season - if the club can afford the extra money and the right players become available.

-------

Thought this might be one that should be brought to the attention of some ST folk. A halfback on say...240k? Are there many others in the comp who would fit the bill?

Sherwin seems to be out of favour at the Dogs - maybe the Knights would pick up half of his (massive) contract for the rest of the year?

It also mentions in the SMH that they would not really be after a half as they have Mullen coming through. Brian Smith was quoted as saying this.

It also mentions in the SMH that they would not really be after a half as they have Mullen coming through. Brian Smith was quoted as saying this.

True. It's just one for discussion really. Even though I'd rather have Monas at Manly, as I read the article I thought it was a very good fit. Monas is an experienced half (of what ability is not to be debated in this thread), who could be a good foil for the talented Mullen (who is now going to be targeted like nothing else for the rest of the year).

at least they havent done a west coast eagles and asked for Salary cap concessions to treat a junkies addiction!!!

can i assume that johns is getting paid his full amount for the season then?

Surely the salary cap is based on what you actually pay players, not what you promise at the start of the year.

can i assume that johns is getting paid his full amount for the season then?

Surely the salary cap is based on what you actually pay players, not what you promise at the start of the year.
He gets paid for all of this year which runs to November 1. He is contracted for 2008 but he will not be paid for that. If the NRL agrees the Knights will still have to find the 240k on top of their existing payments which is a big ask. Next year it will not affect them.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4