Monaghan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No aggro DSM5, just sekeing balance into comments on this board

Is fine saying dont make him a saint on 1 game of football, but last week on 1 game of football you hooked into him ? Matai also given the treatment after 12mins of a game from you also.

I am just giving some balance to the agenda on certain players which is unwarranted, thats all.

Onto the mentions of kicking games, Burns had a shocker i thought, not many of his found the turf in decent postions.
Burns also put one into about row N at Brookie last week, havent heard much about it, however if it was Monaghan bet we would still be hearing about it weekly in 2014

Fluffy it's good to see you have the strength to bother explaining the obvious to this lot.

Just like when you told me Monaghan was one of the top 5 Hookers in the game:-

I think Farrah, Cam Smith, S. Berrigan, Danny Buderus, Luke Priddis, Payne & co. might have something to say about that......unless I'm confused of coarse.....and you were just referring to top 5 in.....price tag !!! :lol:

Kiwi eagle, one thing I learned in 2006 is don't expect balanced arguments/opinions in forums, this one included. For a small few it's more for slamming club, players or coaches, beating their chest, and when finally correct we get the "i told you so" threads.

Simply, manly are winning games whilst not playing anywhere near their best, so lot of room for improvement we all agree. Lots of selection headaches too which is a good thing....I'm not sure why there has been even one negative thread in the last 2 weeks.

Has Monaghs ever warranted his paycheck ?

Im not having a go at him, he had a solid game last week under more pressure than most, however you did mention Orford and his Paycheck.

I do recall Orford being in the discussions re Origen last year. Cant remember Monaghs in those discussions, so if we start talking paychecks $$ V consistent performance Monaghs is one of the most expensive players in the game!

Orford earns double if you dont remember.

Last season i reakon about 350K would have been warrented for orford - Monas at 175K would also have been warrented so i would say even but your first sentance says it all - vendetta.

i wasnt comparing pay checks, but comparing pay v contribution, taking into account what similar ranked players at other clubs are also getting paid.

one thing I learned in 2006 is don't expect balanced arguments/opinions in forums, this one included. For a small few it's more for slamming club, players or coaches, beating their chest

Oh no. Come on Barks. Didnt we have a balanced, productive and well reasoned approach to each other. :p

I don't remember calling Monas a hapless loser, I just don't think he should be canonised just yet. Matai a loser? maybe and for sure Dunley, both deserved imo.

[quote author=byso]
Fluffy it's good to see you have the strength to bother explaining the obvious to this lot.

I think Farrah, Cam Smith, S. Berrigan, Danny Buderus, Luke Priddis, Payne & co. might have something to say about that......unless I'm confused of coarse.....and you were just referring to top 5 in.....price tag !!! :lol:
[/quote]

And I still believe that.

But I still fondly remember you suggesting that Monas offered more in attack than Orford as Half, midway during the season last year......... But not man enough to admit it on the forum :lol: :blaugh: :lol: ;)

[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=byso]

[/quote]

And I still believe that.

But I still fondly remember you suggesting that Monas offered more in attack than Orford as Half, midway during the season last year......... But not man enough to admit it on the forum :lol: :blaugh: :lol: ;)
[/quote]

No - yu have twisted it Byso. It was during one game, and I was referring to his efforts in that one game. :stupid:

It was about Rnd 7 and you certainly said from all the games ..............never let the truth get in the way of a good story though hey Ryan :) ;) :clap:

It was about Rnd 7 and you certainly said from all the games ..............never let the truth get in the way of a good story though hey Ryan :) ;) :clap:

Whatever Byso - why don't you at least try and be a little unique. :roll:

after missing your flight to North Sydney, things slowly panned out well jatz, we've smiled & moved on.

thanks Byso, how's things? good to see you are keeping a few of these posters in check

I would say the absence of howls of protest at Orford being absent this week and Monaghan wearing the number 7 jumper would indicate that Monas detractors are, at worst, biding their time until Monaghan provides them some material to work with.

Even if Monas does not perform this weekend whinging about it will do no good. We all know he is only there as a stop gap till Orford gets back, everyone knows he is our No 1 halfback.

Monas is very handy back up if you ask me, not many clubs can lose their No 1 half and replace them with someone like Monas. He does have some flaws in his game as a half but he is still solid and can produce some very good plays on the field.

I saw a guy walking around Nth Sydney yesterday in a Manly jumper, wasnt you was it Barks?

Was he minus trousers, carrying a wine bottle around in a brown paper bag. If so it was probably Barks, after all he is a Grantham boy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4