Monaghan NOT offered a contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Just listening to Dead Set Legends on MMM and they have confirmed that Manly WILL NOT offer Mona's a contract. :wall: :(

It's bullsh!t, Manly gave him 2 weeks to perform and he did play really well! 8|

Somethinsg fishy is up 8|

It is starting to get strange. I can understand them not offering a contract but for what reason. He was by far one of the best on field last night.

What I am most concerned about is that we are chasing Orford. Come June 30, monas will freak, sign a contract in England for top $ and we will also miss out on Orford. Then again the club usually does the right thing these days.

R.Wilson is going to "shed" some light on the matter after this song and ad break on MMM.

i'll keep you posted on what she says

this was on the front page:

MEDIA RELEASE.......MEDIA RELEASE........MEDIA RELEASE SATURDAY,JUNE 4 2005

The Manly Sea Eagles today advised it was not in a position at this stage to make an acceptable offer to captain Michael Monaghan.

Manly Executive Chairman Paul Cummings met with Monaghan's manager Jim Banaghan this morning and advised him of the club's decision.

from Wilson:

Shane Richardson wants to talk to Mona's about joining Souths.

Mona's is devastated.

Orford has put off signing a contract with Melbourne (if at all)

nothing special

Interesting, very interesting. I don't know what's going on, but it better be good. Manly either love the gamble or have something signed, sealed and delivered.

he can signa contract in england now if he likes, they arent restricted by June 30

I'm disgusted in my club at the moment. Lets organise something before the next home games, captain arm bands or something in protest.

Why c_eagle? Manly are working inManly's interest. I assure you they aren't going to purposely jeapardise their own club. Don't you think they have an improved scenario if they are letting Monnas go?

Why c_eagle? Manly are working inManly's interest. I assure you they aren't going to purposely jeapardise their own club. Don't you think they have an improved scenario if they are letting Monnas go?

Maybe I'm from the old school but I think we owe Michael an amount of respect we haven't afforded him. To muck him around the way we have has been nothing short of disgraceful. We gave him 2 weeks to show his worth and he's not only cleared those hurdles, he's deadset come down with snow on his hair.

Once again, he is the captain of our club. We are so god damn judgemental when a player leaves us but when a player wants to stay with all his heart and is good enough to stay, yet we give him the cold shoulder for whatever reason, it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach.

I am sure C is not the only one who sees things this way. Whether it is money, talent, someone in the wings to be signed - who knows. I just think we have handled this badly. Could be Banaghan ..... just not enough infor.

Last thing I want is to see a season go off the rails after such a good start. Hard decisions have to be made - though this one seems very tough.

how is it tough? Whats Monas done to not get a contract? Even as a hooker?

So now were wasting money on Orford... have no real 80 minute hooker or decent centres.

Great job.

well im glad Manly is going by the rules. Its so obvious weve spoken to Orford already. This club is going to get investigated and were going to be bashed in the media.

Great months ahead......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4