Monaghan bound for England

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
ENGLAND remains the likely destination for Michael Monaghan next season despite a flurry of interest from NRL clubs prompting the Manly hooker to think twice about heading to Super League.

Monaghan wants to remain in Australia but has received sizeable offers from English clubs Warrington and Hull, with the former understood to be slightly in front in the quest for his signature.

The hooker and his manager, Jim Banaghan, met coach Des Hasler and chief executive Grant Mayer last night to confirm that Monaghan would leave the Sea Eagles at season end.

Monaghan then spoke to the two English clubs chasing him.

The former Manly captain was initially given until late last week to inform the Sea Eagles of his decision.

He subsequently asked for an extension until today.

With several NRL clubs chiming in yesterday, Monaghan is now likely to wait until tomorrow to make his announcement.

"I was surprised by the late flurry of NRL offers yesterday," Monaghan said. "That's made my decision a little harder."

Penrith and South Sydney were among the clubs to show late interest in Monaghan, although both could have trouble meeting his asking price.

Monaghan's exit would allow the Sea Eagles more latitude as they look to re-sign several players coming off contract including forward Anthony Watmough and five-eighth Travis Burns.

The club is also in the process of extending contracts for Test forward Brent Kite and fullback Brett Stewart.

Seems i was right - his money will be eaten up by the other players going for contract increases.

cant you ****en talk footy without having to constantly jump on everyones back trying to start arguements?

Why do you take everything so seriously. It was just a friendly joke.

Look up, I fixed it for you.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4