Monaghan #9

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[If your going to compare how good Orford is going with his **** forward pack.. lets compare how Monas is going with his **** backline in contrast to Orfords.
Okay stats hero. How many try assists from inside the 20 to Orford vs Moanaghan?

Seems our parlous backs score a lot off the long break which has bugger all to do with Moanaghan. Witt is the one that runs the show in the opposition 20 these days, funny that.

[quote author=KaZa]
[If your going to compare how good Orford is going with his **** forward pack.. lets compare how Monas is going with his **** backline in contrast to Orfords.
Okay stats hero. How many try assists from inside the 20 to Orford vs Moanaghan?

Seems our parlous backs score a lot off the long break which has bugger all to do with Moanaghan. Witt is the one that runs the show in the opposition 20 these days, funny that.

[/quote]

I have stayed out of this discussion for the most part. But Matabele, you have really begun to piss me off. Don't make such outlandish comments without actually watching the games.

Every week I watch Manly play, and often watch the replay. It is common knowledge that Manly score over 80% of their tries from inside the opposition 20. In fact up until about Round 6 they had scored NO long range tries. Witt has absolutely nothing to do with the movement inside the oposition 20 metre area. In fact I put it to you that Michael Witt has not made one try assist this year, if not then very few.

I am not a statistician, and I cannot show you everything that has happened from the start to the now of this season, BUT, apart from Kite, Watmough and Kennedy our forwards make next to no metres. In comparison to packs like the Broncos(dominated us) and the Roosters (tore us up the middle) our front row is poor. Do us all a favour and go and watch the last few weeks of footage......

Panthers game: Monaghan slices through the defense to set up Witt for the first try. Monaghan scores a try by once again showing the ball and slicing through. Monaghan puts Kennedy through a gap to set up the winning try.

Roosters game: Grubber from Monaghan to set up first try. Pass from Monaghan to set up Stephenson try. What about the three times he grubbered it into the in goal and got a repeat set. Or, the 5 or 6 times he turned the Roosters back three around landing it in the in goal from long range, AND then making the tackle right on top of their line.

I could quite easily go back and tell you plenty of other games where Monaghan has had a similar effect. Fair enough, I agree that the three games we have lost, out of 12 I might add, this year Monaghan hasn't played that well. In every single one of these games, the forwards were getting hammered, and we were kicking from our own 30 and 40 all game. I find it hard for anyone to get the team over the line when our front rowers are dropping the ball on our own twenty.

Monaghan also finds himself as the most accomplished defensive half in the game, not to mention his passion and willingness towards the Manly club.

Monaghan is the reason Manly are coming 2nd on the NRL table.

20 games as captain......... 15 wins.

Dally M points 2004.......... Top 10 after missing half the season in a team that came 3rd last.

One final point........... I don't give a flying **** who or when Manly purchase other players.

MONAGHAN DESERVES A CONTRACT!

He is our captain, show some loyalty, sign him up, for freakin prop for all I care just make sure that Micahel Monaghan is playing for the Manly Sea Eagles in 2006 and beyond!

Blunty - you miss the point.

It is not that we have NOT offered him a contract.

It is that we CANNOT offer him an ACCEPTABLE contract.

Can you see the difference?

Oh i thought you knew more about your footy Mata. Are you still upset he got the captaincy are you?

If you honestly think Monas has nothing to do with the fact that were 2nd.. i have no idea what to say to you.

As i said.. Download all our tries from this site. Watch them all again and see how involved our captain is in every try.

Witt and Monas are gelling very well at the moment.

Blunty - you miss the point.

It is not that we have NOT offered him a contract.

It is that we CANNOT offer him an ACCEPTABLE contract.

Can you see the difference?

Well in that case Matabele, why doesn't the club tell Michael........ "We want you at the club, but only as a hooker. We cannot put a money amount on the table just yet as we are looking at signing Orford for halfback. Once we know the money that is available we will make you an offer accordingly."

They have left Monaghan in the dark, pretty much telling him he is unwanted. It is almost certain that unless they re-enforce the fact that they want him at the club, then Monaghan will accept an offer in England before June 30.

come on blunty I know your wiser than that mate.

Well said Blunty, my sentiments exactly. Some users here are so stuck on "not offering an Acceptable Contract" that they miss the bleeding obvious. He wasn't offered any contract.

If they are going to chase Orforford does it not make sense to chase him with as much money as possible and let orford test his worth on the market?

I really don't think Orford is as good as we all seem to think he is. As much as I would like to see him play for us, he does have a price limiti and all reports is he will be asking for too much.

So we are unhappy at paying 250K for a good halfback but we want to spend 500K on a marginally better one.

and before you get up me, orfords attack might be significantly better, but his defence is a long way around

I would like seeing Orford at the club but not for $200k more than Monas. He is not worth as much as reported. What is being thrown around is for rep players, and by rep I mean Origin or Test level not City. Sure he has been mentioned at that level but he has never been chosen. some will say he was last year but was injured. we have to remember that was after 3 other halves were ruled out.

if they wanted Monas at hooker or half they would have made an offer acceptable or not. what do we all think a hooker is worth???

exactly would you pay exorberent fees up around 450-500K for a player that has cracked origin at 28??

The 2 most important players in a teams attack are the 2 players that touch the ball the most, half back & hooker.

For me a good ball playing No 9 (read Mona's) would be worth anything up to $200K

agree Pete, I would say around $200k.

so if we are keen on Monas why dont we offer around this amount, which is similiar to what was originally offered. according to monas he did not ask for more money!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6