MON NIGHT DISGRACE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The GC and Townsville games used to be a great weekend away when they were Saturday/Sunday games. Now they ate on consecutive Mondays :(

The Raiders games has also moved from a manageable Sunday arvo, to an impossible Friday night :banghead:

It's a business guys, so Manly gets the rental for Brookie paid for by the NRL.
Pretty sure that Thursday night games are also given a financial aid.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...north-queensland/story-fniabn55-1227280231630
The NRL currently provides $40,000 in financial aid for Monday night games, mindful a hosting club could suffer a downturn in trade as fans struggle to travel at the start of the working week.
It may be a money thing, but surely the fans are more important? The working parents, those who travel, the kids who have school the next day...

Sunday afternoon footy on the hill at Brooky always draws big numbers.

The atmosphere for the players playing to minimal people must be annoying also and it doesn't look good for the club on TV. What about the fans that haven't got Foxtel to.

Pretty selfish in my opinion. But I guess that's all they want is financial gain...

It may be a money thing, but surely the fans are more important? The working parents, those who travel, the kids who have school the next day...

Sunday afternoon footy on the hill at Brooky always draws big numbers.

The atmosphere for the players playing to minimal people must be annoying also and it doesn't look good for the club on TV. What about the fans that haven't got Foxtel to.

Pretty selfish in my opinion. But I guess that's all they want is financial gain...
It's not just league Fans who are seen as redundant. The NSW 1.5billion Stadium Strategy includes LED lighting effects to mimic crowded seating in Broadcasts :confused:

Does anyone know if Manly can lodge a complaint about the overload of Monday night games and only one Sunday arvo at Brookie.
On the other side of it the Broncos don't ever deserve to win a Premiership while they continue to have the regular Friday advantage. Complete rort of a comp.

Well don't be surprised if this isn't part of the "grand plan", really NOTHING surprises me now as far as decisions being made by Penn & Co.

And they probably knew this was coming which is why they went so hard on getting members signed up before this information was out.

Being a regional member it matters naught to me BUT if I was a working man in Sydney, with reserved seats I'd paid $700 for (or whatever the cost was) I would be more than a little pissed off than in 20 rounds I could maybe make 3 or 4 games at best (assuming of course that due to this said work I couldn't make Thursday / Friday or Monday games.
Each club gets to put in their preference for when they would like to play.Now not everybody is going to get exactly what they want,how does getting only 1 Sunday arvo game seem like the NRL listened?Unless the Penns preference was not Sunday

If not we have been royally shafted !!

Who knows might be part of ZtH's " grand plan", get rid of the members so they aren't such a pain in the arse!
The customers have been royally shafted there is no other way of looking at it .... Sunday arvo footy at Brookie is a quaint fading memory and a thing of the past. It's a shame that $$$$ and TV rule but that's the way it is. I am an old bastard that can remember when Rex used to call the 1 game a week on TV ..... footy was better back in those days....

Last edited:
Why would the Nrl look after Manly with home games ,we can't even give them a confirmed venue yet !

Wow, they are great memories. Wombat on fire, Rod Jackson, Phil Lowe on to Ian Martin and then Gary Stephens.

League like this is almost a distant memory.

Beautiful footy, a fast track, great ball movement and support and finally a lovely sunny day at Brookie.

Doesn't get much better than that! :inlove:

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have demanded an explanation and a meeting with the NRL over the 2016 premiership draw which the Club is adamant puts its players wellness and safety in severe jeopardy.

The Sea Eagles consider four five day turnarounds in the opening nine rounds of the premiership to be dangerous and unacceptable.

Of particular concern is three matches in 10 days in Rounds three, four and five against last season semi finalists Cronulla Sharks (Monday), Sydney Roosters (Saturday) and South Sydney (Thursday).

CEO Joe Kelly has today written to NRL Head of Football, Todd Greenberg, requesting a meeting and outlining the Club’s grievances with its draw, including the player related issues.

“At the moment we are concerned with an adverse reaction to the draw from our Members and we are fully supportive of the view they are expressing,’’ Kelly said.

“I can assure them we will be taking up those issues when management gets an opportunity to meet with the NRL face to face.”

Head Coach Trent Barrett has asked Greenberg for an explanation and says he is deeply concerned for his players. He has been supported by his highly qualified medical and fitness staff.

"This Club and its players and supporters thrive on adversity but the game is tough enough without having serious player welfare issues put in front of us by the NRL draw,’’ Barrett said.

"Four five day turnarounds in the first nine rounds of the competition is unfair and dangerous according to our medical and health and safety advice. It is unfair to ask our players to undertake such a workload.

“Some Clubs have extra hurdles placed in front of them and other Clubs have none.

"This has to be addressed now - not after a player is seriously affected by the unrealistic workload placed upon them by virtue of a draw which smacks of dramatic inconsistency."

Sea Eagles Chief Medical Officer, Dr Luke Inman (Doctor, Sports and Exercise Medicine) also expressed his concern.

"It is difficult to quantify the risk of injury with shortened recovery time but we do know that muscle damage is cumulative,’’ Dr Inman said.

“If there is inadequate recovery, which is possible for some players with this turnaround, then the additive loads will further increase the muscle damage, and cumulatively.

“What we can say is that with heavy loads and inadequate recovery there is an increase in injury risk, independent of the muscle damage scores the injury risk is increased up to 3-4 weeks following the period of increased exertion."

Dr Inman, who formerly worked with the Sydney Swans, is writing a paper on the creative kinase (muscle damage marker) on Swans players following data received from every game over the past three seasons.

He is also concerned clubs most affected by the five day back up will have key players missing in the period because of concussion issues.

“They will have next to no time to recover and pass the necessary test required. The time frame for the short turn around simply won’t allow it,’’ he added.

Dan Ferris, Head of Physical Performance, Manly Sea Eagles, said the situation needs to be addressed immediately.

"Scientific journal articles on player load and recovery show how much a negative response on the body has for a period of 3-4 days post game,’’ Ferris said.

"Muscle damage on the body is still at its peak 3-4 days post game and takes a full 5-6 days to return to homeostasis"

"I believe three games in a 10 day period against any NRL opposition has zero player welfare attached to it.

“If the NRL are serious about their concerns for player burnout, this type of demand doesn't show it.

"It should also be noted teams will play with two less replacements in 2016 which will further increase game demand load automatically for some players compared to last season.''

RLPA General President, Clint Newton, says he shares Manly’s concerns about the draw and the implications for player welfare.

"Manly's 2016 schedule highlights the issues we have raised regarding five day breaks and the cumulative impact this will have on the players from a performance perspective, together with their health and wellbeing throughout the season,” said Newton.

"Added to that is the number of Thursday and Monday night fixtures that present serious commercial limitations for the Club with a possible further impact on the funding available to support our players."

Secure your Sea Eagles 2016 Membership here!

was there that day too.. in the memory bank for some reason.. was Larry Corowa on the wing for them at this time ?

was a full house .. I think maybe about 26k ? pretty sure it used to get up to that down there. Was in the north east cnr of the hill that day.

That press release seems really really strange.

I remember Dave Perry calling me about 3-4 weeks before the draw was released asking me what I thought of a Perth game and a transfer of a home game to Brisbane.

He told me had a draft of the draw, it was almost locked in but they did have the option to make the Broncos game one at Brooky, and ditto the Warriors game in Perth.

So, fast forward to 2015 surely they knew about this weeks ago SO why the sudden tantrum??

Is it because they have literally been hammered on social media by fans??

Or just bloody slow off the mark??

I reckon we would've HAD TO KNOW about the draw before the release.

I just looked up the NRL contacts to hammer them about the 2 Thursday night and 7 Monday nights and how unfair it is. Also for the fact we only have one sunday afternoon twilight game at 4pm.

Then I realised that we probably knew about the draw and signed off on it. Or the NRL couldn't give a rats whether we did or not.

I want to complain on behalf of the club, myself and all Manly fans but who knows, maybe the club was quite happy to receive the extra money (if there is money) on offer for Monday nights and Thursday night football. Given the ridiculous amount they have to pay in rent, they would want some form of "compensation" to help pay for the ground hire.

I'm not "in the know" or anything but I do know the club would love to move MOST (not all) games from Brookie to help pay for running the club.

Ideally, I think they would love 6 games at Brookie, 2 away (interstate) and 4 at the new Sydney stadium when built and in the meantime playing a mixture of games at Gosford and wherever else to make up the money and numbers. While it's not happening yet, i'm sure they are thinking of this.

Brookie having low crowds will help in that.

I can see in a few years time we will NOT have 10 games at Brookie.

Disgusting but the writing is on the wall. Seems the NRL and the Penns would be happy with this!

It's not just league Fans who are seen as redundant. The NSW 1.5billion Stadium Strategy includes LED lighting effects to mimic crowded seating in Broadcasts :confused:

See I have been saying that for years " virtual crowds"

Fans complain, members complain, TV viewers watch advertisements and pay subscriptions .

Coming to a small screen very soon!!

That press release seems really really strange.

I remember Dave Perry calling me about 3-4 weeks before the draw was released asking me what I thought of a Perth game and a transfer of a home game to Brisbane.

He told me had a draft of the draw, it was almost locked in but they did have the option to make the Broncos game one at Brooky, and ditto the Warriors game in Perth.

So, fast forward to 2015 surely they knew about this weeks ago SO why the sudden tantrum??

Is it because they have literally been hammered on social media by fans??

Or just bloody slow off the mark??
I'd like to think they weren't consulted... However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was incompetence.............. I'm sure the NRL will let us know if they can point the finger back at the club.....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4