Moltzen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Moltzen comes good and is injury free and proves to be a good buy for the club then great and I'll admit I was wrong. But until then I stand by my belief that he is really nothing more than a straight swap for JLJ and will only play first grade as an injury or rep game replacement.

With Foran now joining Shaun Johnson on the injury list and the Kiwis having no other quality halves to speak of unless Kearney bites the bullet and picks Benji....I wonder if Peta Hiku will end up playing 5/8 on the Kiwi tour? It will be interesting to see how he goes if that is the case. And no doubt that Trent Barrett will follow his progress over there whichever position he plays.

Don't know why we're debating this guy. Probably got picked up for peanuts and won't ever see the light of 1st grade.

If he somehow picks up form, then great. If not, asta lavista.

Last edited:
He was signed for 1 year and probably on a low deal. It is a gamble but he does have lots of talent so it may prove to be a masterstroke. If he is not successful who really cares, we just wont re-sign him. Limited downside. It really is not hard to understand why we signed him.

He was signed for 1 year and probably on a low deal. It is a gamble but he does have lots of talent so it may prove to be a masterstroke. If he is not successful who really cares, we just wont re-sign him. Limited downside. It really is not hard to understand why we signed him.
So, we gamble on him and throw away our safe bet in Gutho?
That's dumb punting in my eyes.

So, we gamble on him and throw away our safe bet in Gutho?
That's dumb punting in my eyes.

Moltzen's signing would have bugger all effect on Gutho's departure in my opinion.
Gutho would've been upgraded to a top 25 contract
Moltzen would be a second tier contract so he's replacing JLJ ( an upgrade really )

It's a flawed argument in my opinion, if anything Gutho's ACL blowout in Rd 1opened the door for Tom Turbo so most likely in turn that's the issue along with Snake's continued good form and one year extension.

Moltzen's signing would have bugger all effect on Gutho's departure in my opinion.
Gutho would've been upgraded to a top 25 contract
Moltzen would be a second tier contract so he's replacing JLJ ( an upgrade really )

It's a flawed argument in my opinion, if anything Gutho's ACL blowout in Rd 1opened the door for Tom Turbo so most likely in turn that's the issue along with Snake's continued good form and one year extension.
No - the reason is that the 3 who were tapped on the List of 14, dug their heels in (Matty,Burgess and Mateo are staying).
So Manly then had to find another few to fill up the List of 14 :cool:

Bozo operates on the assumption that Players are commodities, like pre Super League Days.:wondering:

Well at least, Manly should win the NSW Cup next year easy :p

Moltzens signing I can live with. Even if he isn't super quick these days his experience can only be good for NSW Cup. If he makes it back to nrl well it's win win.

If he is still super quick. He will get opportunities in the top grade.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4