• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just read an article that he bench presses the heaviest at Manly. This guy us a unit! I seen enough of him last year to think he could be a smokey this year, he was a bit raw last year but that's expected from a guy with no real experience. I feel a pre season under Des and Donny he could be a damaging winger for us. The one thing he probably lacks is speed but he's one of those guys that just seems to create an opportunity or be in the right spot at the right time. With our squad quite light in the outside backs he could definitely be a smokey. Is only signed on a rookie contract so I believe he cant play until mid year unless we face an injury crisis although there is still a couple positions available in our squad. What are peoples thoughts?

I actually thought he was Super at NSW Cup level and only needs more opportunity in the NRL
He looks like Mansour and plays like him - it's a good problem to have, as there is rightly most talk about the Manly forward pack in 2020....but add Mansour to a few Rookies and the likes of Garrick, Taufua, Hoppa, Ben T and young Anderson still around, just may have better options out wide than given credit for ??

WINGER MANLY'S NEW BENCH PRESS KING
Unsung winger Abbas Miski has shattered the Manly bench press record in his bid to secure a first-grade spot at Brookvale this season.

A Josh Mansour clone with his bushy beard and bullocking running style, Miski lifted a staggering 183.5kg at a recent Sea Eagles weight session.

That's more than the likes of musclemen Marty Taupau and Jake Trbojevic could manage and made a big impression on coach Des Hasler.

From (distant) memory, big Georgie Rose was the last record-holder, at 180kg. Considering he would be 30kg heavier than Abbas, that is some effort from the young guy.
Damn, I just came back from the gym quite pleased to have benched 100kg...

From (distant) memory, big Georgie Rose was the last record-holder, at 180kg. Considering he would be 30kg heavier than Abbas, that is some effort from the young guy.
Damn, I just came back from the gym quite pleased to have benched 100kg...
I do the 35kg dumbells on flies....Miski probably does 80kg each dumbell....his fend could bend a few noses I reckon ....

I like miski. And he is built like a greek adonis. Buuut..not a fan of him on the wing to be honest. Hopefully he can play more than just wing. Just too short in my opinion. Unless he becomes a wreaking ball like sivo.

He is a winger. Speed and finishing is more important than bench pressing records.
However good on him!
He is a tremendous finisher and strong ball carrier, reminds me alot of Mansour who played for Australia even though he was short. Only thing he lacks is real speed however with the right training ie sprint coach and Donny getting him fit im sure he'll show more pace this year. We have plenty of speed in our team, having a winger that's not as quick as others isnt a major issue IF other areas are superior

Haven’t seen much out of this guy to suggest he is first grade material, hope he keeps striving and improving, but I don’t think has got it at present

In an ideal world our young guns are as good as we hope and Miski and Elliot are relegated to (very deep) depth requirements

Haven’t seen much out of this guy to suggest he is first grade material, hope he keeps striving and improving, but I don’t think has got it at present

In an ideal world our young guns are as good as we hope and Miski and Elliot are relegated to (very deep) depth requirements
Not sure why there is so much hate for Elliott, really couldn't have done any better last year and always plays his guts out, cant ask any more than that. I think he's a bit better than "deep depth"

Not sure why there is so much hate for Elliott, really couldn't have done any better last year and always plays his guts out, cant ask any more than that. I think he's a bit better than "deep depth"
The one game he played in his preferred -position of centre, he carved up...and yes he was at least solid wherever he played... sometimes quite good.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4