Midnight Oil at Manly Leagues Last nite

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

The 1st band was 'After The Day' they were ok, played for about 40 min. after that, Dallas Crane came on, they were good, played for about 50 min. Midnight Oil came on at 9:55pm and auditorium was packed. 1st song was Lucky Country, the crowd started getting into it. when Read About It came on, the crowd went off, it was very hot and sweaty. they also played if I can remember, US Forces, Place Without Postcard, Truganini,Blue Sky Mine,Forgotten Years, Power and the Passion,Dead Heart,Too Much Sunshine,+ more.
When each of these were played,Hercules, US Forces, Read About it, Sometimes, the crowd went absolutely bonkers. they finished after 3 encores at about 11:30pm. Garrett paided out on johnny howard, iraq war,etc. at the end he Thanked the people who have supported Midnight Oil over the years, it sounded like a Farewell speech. That was a Mega Unreal concert. The only letdown was trying to get a drink, the 4 queues were lined up halfway across the auditorium, took 30 min to get served, I won a t-shirt off those 'Hot bourbon girls'.They should do a Proper Farewell concert around Australia, they can still pack em in. Lots of guys with Oils t-shirts,at $40 each, that raised some dough. I've seen a lot of bands over the years, but the Oils last nite, Rocked!!! 5 hours after it finished, my ears are still ringing.

Glad you enjoyed it. Would have been great. Also glad that Garret went back to what he's good at.

Byso has to bring a political comment, even to a post about bands.

Is it Byso or Biased?

Thanks for the report 007! Sounds like a great night.

You bought politic's into it. Yet again you've twisted my statement.

"Also glad that Garret went back to what he's good at." Were is the political statement in that? :wink:

He is a great musican and through his songs expresses views of human compasion and looking after our planet. IMO, he is wasted as a politician. He needs to take a roll in something he can more directly control to acheive his goals, which are good ones IMO.

You bought politic's into it. Yet again you've twisted my statement.

\"Also glad that Garret went back to what he's good at.\"  Were is the political statement in that? :wink:
You are joking - just like your leader is a joke!

What on earth is Garrett doing now? Waving a red rag to a bull! Talk about Biaso!

I am looking forward to a get together with someof the posters on this forum at a Brookie game this year. It should be dynamite.

I am buying my armour plating already and Mata will have to come with a tank or igcognito!! :lol:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2