Michael Robertson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
A line from this mornings' Manly Daily...........

Canberra winger Michael Robertson is likely to join the Sea Eagles next year following the departure of Scott Donald.

Robertson, originally from Dubbo in NSW, made his NRL debut for the Raiders in 2001.

He has scored 14 tries from 57 appear ances for Canberra

From what I remember of him he has a bit more size than Donald and for a while went on a bit of a try-scoring spree. I'm surprised he only has 14 of them from 57 games.

Has had a wretched run with injury lately.

No news on George Rose - interesting.

To bother purchasing such a low percentage winger i would assume he is in the top echelon when it comes to defence and under the high ball. Otherwise try taylor/peachey, both would be cheaper

DOB: 14 April, 1983, in Dubbo, NSW

Position: Wing

Height: 180cm

Weight: 84kg

Junior Club:
Valley Dragons

Contract with Raiders:
end of 2006

Representative:
Nil

Previous Clubs:
Nil

FG Debut:
Raiders v Cowboys, August 4, 2001.

MICHAEL ROBERTSON:
At top speed he’s one of the quickest in the club and he’s a reliable performer at the back.

Game Time:
A member of the Raiders junior development squads from age 12, he represented the ACT throughout school and attended Erindale College. He was captain of the Raiders SG Ball team in 2001. That year, at 18, he also went on to become one of the youngest Raiders to make his NRL debut at the club. After struggling in previous seasons with persistent hamstring problems, he played 22 of 25 Raiders NRL games in 2004.

Fulltime Fun:
Has a twin brother, Adam, who plays locally for the Tuggeranong Bushrangers … was an ACT junior sprint champion in the 100m and 200m, competing at several Australian Junior Championships … has a tattoo of his family crest on his left shoulder, indicating his grandfather’s Scottish roots …his younger brother Brad is a Raiders development player in the SG Ball squad … his favourite player to watch was former Raiders fullback Brett Mullins … television show he can’t miss is Survivor.

CAREER AP. TRIES POINTS
57 14 56
2005 AP. TRIES POINTS
8 1 4
RAIDERS AP. TRIES POINTS
57 14 56

Stats updated 10/07/05

He can tackle and catch from what I've seen.

He's a fringe first grader and a risk but probably worth a punt if he's not on much.

Obviously the main game is yet to be decided - Orford, the man who will get the ball to him, rather than over his head.

Very true fellas why not put JT on the wing,he is good under the high ball.Has a good turn of speed as well....

boys does it not worry you that the reggies never get picked unless itsabsolutely necessary.........obviously your opinion of some of the reggies is far higher than that of the coaching staff........ who's right i dont know but it makes you think a touch

The Canberra fans over at LU don't think much of him. Hmmmmm, and they're below us on the table:

Look, he's willing and tries hard... but he never finds the stripe. Thus IMO a terrible replacement for Donald who is one of the most under-rated wingers in the comp.

He's dropped down the pecking order a lot here so he's probably looking for a more regular gig.

I haved watched alot of Premier League this year.Getting to Brookie at day break so i dont get towed..lol.Anyway i beleive that JT is worth a try in first grade,and Travis would benefit if used properly at 5/8 or halback.I am not to impressed with Peachy and Mitch hasn't been to flash either.Also i reckon Matai got an attitude when he was dropped back to the reggies,he has been an angry ant since the Eels game....

boys does it not worry you that the reggies never get picked unless itsabsolutely necessary.........obviously your opinion of some of the reggies is far higher than that of the coaching staff........ who's right i dont know but it makes you think a touch

Thats a good point but i also think that he has only been playing consistantly for the last 12 months or so, when our wingers have been already decided.

Also you have to look at how long Alberts was kept out for steppa, and his first run was in place of matai. They certainly dont rush things thats for sure and it has to make you wonder som times.

Alberts hadn't played 1st grade in years and was returning from a shoulder operation.

But you're right, he could have come into the side a week or two before he did.

Im sure manly are going about this in the righ fashion. Not only have we put a very reasonable offer on the table for orford, we seem to have money left to fill the depth problem.

Im sure crusher wouldn't bother if this guy didn't show anything of use to us. Lets have faith guys, our backline is already 100% better than this year with just the addition of bell, the 5th best centre in the game IMO.

look i have faith but not ever watching a reggies game its hard to have you own opinion,worries me they never get picked either,creary in my books isnt up to first garde standard.

No Mata i am not related to Mal.We also had a David Cochrane at the club at the same time as Mal.He didn't get out of the reggies.Good player Mal.

I think with Albert's they wanted to make sure his shoulder was right until they put him in first's.He looks a real good prospect,cant wait for Bell to get there next year.

the main point was that Des isnt big for change, hence it could be a reason why taylor hasnt got a run

No Fluffy Des isn't big on change,look how long he perservered with Steppa,but before we waste any money on another winger let's see what JT can do in first grade.

agreed at least see what the bloke can do. Lennon deserves another run to!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2