Michael Robertson new boss of MRC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As the match review committee is independent let's hope he actually gets to run it the right way rather than being instructed by Greenburg and the incompetent NRL. Consistency is all we ask for.
I still maintain the biggest cock up in the judicial system is the carrier over points and loading crap!!! You'll never get consistent suspensions with these stupid rules.

The lesser Robbo has actually also taken on one of the big wig roles at Paladin sports too. He obviously has no social life ;) Anyone interested should Google them and have a look. Jamie Lyon and other well known athletes are all working together with Paladin and they are becoming one of the big players in designing and making sports uniforms for all codes.

The lesser Robbo has actually also taken on one of the big wig roles at Paladin sports too. He obviously has no social life ;) Anyone interested should Google them and have a look. Jamie Lyon and other well known athletes are all working together with Paladin and they are becoming one of the big players in designing and making sports uniforms for all codes.
Do you know wether Jamie is going to play another year with Ballina?

His not bad on the schooners and pool table Late at night either
And yes great to see the sporting uniform business go good

As the match review committee is independent let's hope he actually gets to run it the right way rather than being instructed by Greenburg and the incompetent NRL. Consistency is all we ask for.
I still maintain the biggest cock up in the judicial system is the carrier over points and loading crap!!! You'll never get consistent suspensions with these stupid rules.

Robbo ... can you post Michael's phone number so we can all call him and give him our advice ....

PSS .. congrats and good luck to him ....

Consistency and no interference from outside is all we ask for AND you’d have to admit that’s been sadly lacking in recent years.

Agree, don't need favouritism, just fairness....Des can control the rest. The double standards in recent yrs has been abysmal. Not condoning what Walker did but Sivo commiting assult and awaiting a court hearing being allowed to play vs Walker being stood down is just one example. However i still have this pessimistic view that nothing will change given Greenburg is up for a renewed contract given the rubbish he has dished out is shocking.

Congrats on the appt Robbo and lets hope that there is some sort of balance in the rulings going fwd.

Consistency is the important point.

I’ve seen players exonerated over something and then 2 weeks later a player is given a 3 week holiday for EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

All fans want is consistency , if a trip is a 2 week suspension then EVERY trip is 2 weeks.

I do understand the grading system though of some misdemeanours doesn’t allow that but still consistency is the key!!

Consistency is the important point.

I’ve seen players exonerated over something and then 2 weeks later a player is given a 3 week holiday for EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

All fans want is consistency , if a trip is a 2 week suspension then EVERY trip is 2 weeks.

I do understand the grading system though of some misdemeanours doesn’t allow that but still consistency is the key!!

2017 - Three weeks in a row Sam Burgess got away with blatant shoulder charges (including that one on DCE at ANZ). Not once did he get suspended. The real reason? He was being heavily promoted as the headline act for the Pacific Tests played at Campbelltown where England was playing Samoa.

Edit: The NRL had spent a fair bit of money on advertising the Pacific Tests, especially with Burgess captaining England. They weren't about to have their headline act forced to sit out that test because of a shoulder charge suspension. The one he did on DCE alone should have seen him a spectator for at least 2-3 weeks. He'd already gotten away with one against Brisbane the week before. And he would get away with a 3rd one the week after the test against the Tigpies.

How many other players that year received an automatic suspension for a shoulder charge?

Last edited:
2017 - Three weeks in a row Sam Burgess got away with blatant shoulder charges (including that one on DCE at ANZ). Not once did he get suspended. The real reason? He was being heavily promoted as the headline act for the Pacific Tests played at Campbelltown where England was playing Samoa.

Edit: The NRL had spent a fair bit of money on advertising the Pacific Tests, especially with Burgess captaining England. They weren't about to have their headline act forced to sit out that test because of a shoulder charge suspension. The one he did on DCE alone should have seen him a spectator for at least 2-3 weeks. He'd already gotten away with one against Brisbane the week before. And he would get away with a 3rd one the week after the test against the Tigpies.

How many other players that year received an automatic suspension for a shoulder charge?

But but but but but but... I wrote to the nrl about the shoulder charge on dce and they said that Sam got a caution letter telling him not to be soooooo naughty in the future.

with all due respect... what's going to change now?

Talk about random, didn't see that coming, but good on him.

Hopefully Robbo makes a difference for the better and adds some 'unbiasedness' and balance to the MRC.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4