Michael Ennis is confirmed with Broncos.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Broncos nab Ennis at second attempt
Brisbane have announced the signing of St George Illawarra's Michael Ennis, one year after they tried to pick up the classy hooker.

Ennis has agreed to a two-year contract with the Broncos, effective immediately.

He had asked for a release from the Dragons after making 16 of his 24 appearances this season off the bench following his move from Newcastle.

The club agreed, Ennis contacted the Broncos and the deal was completed last night.

"I almost signed with the Broncos last year, but moved to Sydney - and to the Dragons - to be near my sick father who has since passed away," he said in a statement.

"As a country boy, I never really settled in to Sydney living, and I expect moving to Brisbane will be like a breath of fresh air.

"I am also keen to get more game time than I did at the Dragons."

Dragons chief executive Peter Doust said the club had been aware that Ennis was not happy with Sydney life and given salary cap issues a mutual agreement was reached.

Despite Ennis's limited game-time this season he still managed 108 points from five tries and 44 goals, and his more than handy kicking will be a big bonus for the Broncos who have struggled to fill that role since Michael De Vere departed for the United Kingdom.

Darren Lockyer reluctantly took on the role earlier in the season but his success rate was well below his usual standards, while replacement Brett Seymour also struggled at times.

Ennis finished the season with 28 successful conversion attempts.

He will join the Broncos for the start of preseason training in early December and will vie for a starting spot with incumbent hooker Barry Berrigan, whose consistent start to the season petered out as his team went on a seven-match losing streak.

I wonder how Berrigan / Mcguire feel? Damn when you consider they have players like Carlaw, Minto etc playing reggies. Add either Mcquire or Berrigan to that now.

Eactly. What salary cap?

1 of the teams in the comp that id love to look through the pay roll of.

Classic case of the advantage single town teams have in the ability to attract other incentives, payouts, commercial sponsorship etc.

Compare the ability of Brisbane to attract under the table payments with most of SE Qld to Manly (with Palm Beach to the Spit Bridge as their area of drawing income!)

Add Gold Coast & Nth Qld now Canteen, and things should be getting a little tougher. Espescially with Nth QLD's success of late.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4