Michael Ennis hypocrisy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
just read an article where D1ck Ennis is quoted having a go at AFB and the way he fired up the crowd as he was sent to the bin. He stated that Addin’s behaviour was unnecessary and how we don’t need that type of carry on in the game. Head shaking hypocrisy at its best, something which the NRL does better than any other code it would seem. Michael, have you forgotten the manner in which you stirred up the Raider’s fans a few years back? You know, with your Viking clap histrionics. The media are gutless, self serving little parasites.

Pretty **** when ex players whinge about stuff as trivial as this. It's bad enough that faceless rich people in suits are trying to make the game and it's players as vanilla as possible just to keep soccer mums happy. But when recently retired players get their panties in a bunch over minor things like this the future looks bleak.

Ennis was a dirty niggler who is fortunate that he played in an era where you were not able to take action on such players. The highlight of his career for me was when Stevie Matai ironed him out at Brooky in 2010, well worth the 4 week ban as Ennis was a serial prat on the field!!! As for AFB he had Drugcastle fans in his face, it is an emotional game and the tackle was an accident. It will be interesting to see how our fans react to Klemmer and Co when Drugcastle visit Brooky later this year!!

Ennis would just say that he was doing it after winning a game whereas AFB was doing it after being sent to the sin bin.

I wouldn't mind Ennis and Parker's comments about how everyone should behave and never question the refs, if just once they said on tv "yeah, in our playing days we did the exact opposite, we were naughty and wrong, but here we are now I guess."

But to harp on about behaviour like they were 'clean' as Beaver Menzies is hypocritical and just shows that the next generation has drunk the 'hate on Manly' Kool aid without having an original thought in their heads.

All these nobs struggling to be the next best commentator should think about differentiating themselves from all the drivel and actually give an unbiased view on Manly related topics.

It's just so... banal.

Would love to see someone challenge him live on air with this and see just how smart he is when he is put on the spot unprepared lol
Already happened - Benji Marshall called him out about the Viking crap and his general behaviour.....and through the segment was darting dirty looks at Ennis like - “Are you joking DHead”

But to harp on about behaviour like they were 'clean' as Beaver Menzies is hypocritical and just shows that the next generation has drunk the 'hate on Manly' Kool aid without having an original thought in their heads.

All these nobs struggling to be the next best commentator should think about differentiating themselves from all the drivel and actually give an unbiased view on Manly related topics.

Regarding Ennis, he might not be a Manly fan (which I have no problem with), but I don't think he is 'anti-Manly'.

Frank Stanton is his uncle so at least you would at least assume he isn't.

I just think that on this point he is just being a bit of a hypocrite.

Already happened - Benji Marshall called him out about the Viking crap and his general behaviour.....and through the segment was darting dirty looks at Ennis like - “Are you joking DHead”

Yeah it was great from Benji to actually say what everyone was thinking!

Parker was actually the main whinger imo... He's a scumbag & should shut his pie hole!

Honestly , I think playing up to the opposition crowd ( as long as there’s no rude “ **** you” gestures ) is part of the game.

I well remember the infamous Preston Campbell tackle by Matt Orford that got the Titans a penalty in front to win the game in front of what must have been 3-4K Manly fans at Robina.

The whole Titans outfit then did a winners lap and really gave it to us fans when they got to that section.

Best fun Ive had for years, should they or we be criticised for it.....no way.

Great banter.

I never saw anything from Addin that was disrespectful yesterday, just good fun!

It was a great watch when Benji called Ennis and Parker out over their whingeing about the incident. The pair of them were stunned into silence, dead air for ages while they tried to come up with a reply but didn't have anything. For mine AFB did nothing wrong, he was just saying to the crowd whatever you've got I can take it

It was a great watch when Benji called Ennis and Parker out over their whingeing about the incident. The pair of them were stunned into silence, dead air for ages while they tried to come up with a reply but didn't have anything. For mine AFB did nothing wrong, he was just saying to the crowd whatever you've got I can take it
Yep - you called it 100% correct
They were zip tied and ppl can say what they will about Marshall, but he showed that code of conduct between players that Parker and Ennis have suddenly lost...

Regarding Ennis, he might not be a Manly fan (which I have no problem with), but I don't think he is 'anti-Manly'.

Frank Stanton is his uncle so at least you would at least assume he isn't.

I just think that on this point he is just being a bit of a hypocrite.
He was a Manly fan growing up. That fact has been discussed numerous times in these threads.

Perhaps he is overcompensating, to appear not ‘pro-Manly’, because it improves his bargaining position in upcoming talks with FOXTEL re: a contract upgrade.;)

Last edited:
The worst thing about Annis is that he thinks he's a league guru with a wealth of knowledge. He totally dominates whatever panel he's on with long winded opinions and acts like what he says is extremely important. Even throws in dramatic pauses in between what he says for effect. Total tosser.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8