MIA [Merged Thread]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hello Manly fans,
Mrs GE here letting you know that Mr ge (note lower caps) is alive and currently down in Florida looking over the gulf of Mexico with all the other old farts.
Some days ago I heard a howl early in the morning and thinking the worst (ie, something happened to my dog) I went to check it out only to see ge staring at the lap top with a Manly game on. Manly had lost (sorry) and as I don't follow rugby league, except to be told to call it rugby league, I went back to sleep.
When I got up I noticed ge still staring at the computer screen so I googled the game to see headlines like 'dudded' and 'ripped off' so I guess you are out of the finals because of bad officiating.

Thinking ge might need some time away and with me being awesome I picked him up and put him in the car (yep, I'm that strong) and we've come down to Florida. We first went to the Kennedy Space center as ge says he worked on the space program but not to type that as it is still classified. I said I will type it as you've never worked for nasa you lying git.

Um, here is a picture of some rockets I was told to post.
UEjNBDyl.jpg

After the KSC, we headed off to Universal studios to try and get ge out of the fetal position and to stop mumbling about something called a 'sutton'?
Here is a picture of ge at 'Moes'
B62Emdfl.jpg

Then we went to Diagon Alley (for those Harry Potter fans) and here's a dragon.

fjHhD5Ml.jpg

So, ge is alive and he says thanks to the four or so people that noticed he was gone. He also asked me to say sorry on his behalf if anyone was waiting for an update on the Toronto wolfpack rugby league team - he says about 3 people read his reports - but he didn't even watch the game.

Ok, um, have a nice day everyone. BYE!

Dear missus GE ... (uppercase) .... sounds like the holiday of dreams for a 12 year old boy ... space ships, dragons and disneyland ... good of you to take the moose .... however, I hope you can arrange some free time away from the baby sitting and do some grown-up stuff ... :rofl:

Dear missus GE ... (uppercase) .... sounds like the holiday of dreams for a 12 year old boy ... space ships, dragons and disneyland ... good of you to take the moose .... however, I hope you can arrange some free time away from the baby sitting and do some grown-up stuff ... :rofl:

He got looked after (distracted - see pic) so I could go do some adult things. Like going Eeeeee!!!! At all the Harry Potter stuff.

5V4FfNzl.jpg

@globaleagle, As I guessed ,"on holidays" ,
For a change!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember all the holidays we used to have before the spawn arrived.

Well, yes, but alas while children and grandchildren shall attend you in your dotage, there I'll be, alone, dying in a house full of treasured and dusty memories no one will value, and hordes of photos no one will see.

I've seen things! - my failing and protesting voice will quietly reverberate off walls reflecting only the sting of emptiness and loneliness...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

All those moments will be lost in time.......like tears.....in rain........

Well, yes, but alas while children and grandchildren shall attend you in your dotage, there I'll be, alone, dying in a house full of treasured and dusty memories no one will value, and hordes of photos no one will see.

I've seen things! - my failing and protesting voice will quietly reverberate off walls reflecting only the sting of emptiness and loneliness...

Meanwhile I’ll be treated like royalty by my doting children and grandchildren.

OR

Stuck in a nursing home and forgotten for the fool I probably am.

Haven "t noticed Manly Fan 76 posting for some time now unless he has changed his avatar . Also noticed that he was previously a long term poster and I found his postings interesting and good value . Anyway hope all is well Champ if you still glance at this forum

I hope he is thriving, personally. But if you miss his opinions, simply google 'Tucker Carlson'.
Or 'Sean Hannity'.
The real Terry Randall runs an excavation business but I doubt he would 'dig' his namesake's anti-working class vitriol!
I miss the repartee between you 2 blokes
I was never intelligent enough to contribute except sometimes I might fire up with a wild shot.
I really hope he's ok...

Haven "t noticed Manly Fan 76 posting for some time now unless he has changed his avatar . Also noticed that he was previously a long term poster and I found his postings interesting and good value . Anyway hope all is well Champ if you still glance at this forum
Funny you mention that @manly al . I was only thinking that the other day. I know a lot of posters are rarely heard of in the off-season (@HappilyManly springs to mind).
I too enjoy his posts and opinions. Hopefully he can give a shout-out to ST.

I'm not sure which is worse.

That none of you got the Blade Runner reference, :wondering:, or

That some of you find my impending lonely death hilarious! :(

Either way, sheesh, tough crowd! lol

They made two Blade Runner movies i think , probably explains a bit of futuristic confusion there ,.As for any suggestion of your impending lonely death , surely greatly exaggerated [ with due respects to Mark Twain ]

Quite a few vanish in the off season , trouble is sometimes they don’t return.

You only have to look at one of the resurrected threads to see how many are no longer here.

Sadly, I think many have just gone to InstaTwitFace , and whilst I’m there also it’s not as good as this.

Definitely worse that no-one got the Blade runner reference.
Every death is lonely at the critical point (unless you go down in some mass conflagration but I doubt there's much comfort in that!)
Besides, you're still travelling the world, plenty of time for you to make friends with some unsuspecting human. :)

I miss the repartee between you 2 blokes
I was never intelligent enough to contribute except sometimes I might fire up with a wild shot.
I really hope he's ok...
False modesty is unbecoming. Just because you raise your elbows in the tackle doesn't mean you aren't smart. In fact, quite the opposite!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8