Metcalfe- A forgotten man

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Where is he? Was signed as the best young half in the juniors and I believe was names 20s player of the comp playing up an age.
Looked sharp at the 9s and would suit the new fast rules. Plays a bit like Dufty and could be a bit of X factor at the back or off the bench. Surely he offers more than Elliott or Croker but a bit like Schuster they haven't even been named in the 21.

Where to play him but ? Don "t think that he has had any experience at all at the back and with the associated pressure there , not noted for his defence so middle might not be the best option . Probably the halves but only if there are issues with D C E or Cust . Coming of the bench instead of Croker , even if his defence has not been one of his strongest suits, , if the side continues to stagnate and he certainly has some above average speed so could be as good an option there as any ..

Where to play him but ? Don "t think that he has had any experience at all at the back and with the associated pressure there , not noted for his defence so middle might not be the best option . Probably the halves but only if there are issues with D C E or Cust . Coming of the bench instead of Croker , even if his defence has not been one of his strongest suits, , if the side continues to stagnate and he certainly has some above average speed so could be as good an option there as any ..
Pretty sure he was playing Fullback at Blacktown last year for a few games. Looks the goods but obviously a hard position to throw him straight in the NRL. More likely bench instead of Croker. Give him 25 mins late in a game to start

Very strange considering he was the best half in the comp coming through the jrs.
I guess it might not covert to NRL level sometimes but surprising not even named in any 21 man squads with our injury toll.
He was the shining light in the 9s. Could provide some X factor

If he isnt given a chance, we will never know how good he potentially is? The old debate, tried, trusted safe and failing options v young, enthusiastic, point to prove and nothing to lose youngsters. If we dont try them out we will lose them!

I’d love to see him get game time.

I think I’d take the sink or swim approach, put him in fullback and see if he takes his chance. Can’t be any worse..
So put a 1/2 at FB & leave a proper FB in Hoppa stagnate & leave for a chance elsewhere??????

So put a 1/2 at FB & leave a proper FB in Hoppa stagnate & leave for a chance elsewhere??????
Is Hoppa available?
1.metcalf
2.Hoppa
3.vuna
4.parker
5.Garrick

Not saying that’s the answer but worth trying options now we a farked for finals..

He is a halfback, not a fullback. There is no space for him atm.
But there is for The Shoe. That's who should be given a chance, along with Tenterfield who could put some fire into the forwards.

Man my career ended in 1984 with a broken collarbone, belrose v harbord

Don't you have two?

soft!

edit: er.. my laugh rating above wasn't because your career ended, it was well you know.. The who meant shuster and stuff. :(

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4