• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What excites me is the POTENTIAL and yes Smokin' is right. We can only hope about these young kids coming through. But if the likes of Metcalfe, Cust, Hopoate, Schubert, Ben T. in the backs, attain their POTENTIAL, not to forget Suli, Garrick etc reaching the next level, the Sea Eagles could have one very special team by 2021 (and still think Parker would make a great running back rower in the Menzies tradition). But at present I just have a dream.

(and still think Parker would make a great running back rower in the Menzies tradition)
Parker is not a similar player to Beaver, for starters he lacks the great man's speed and athleticism. However he is doing fine as a tough hole running centre who hits the line hard and he's already attracted some representative interest.
Summary: Parker is a centre!
Lol :)

Looks a real find, a classy player. Definitely a good half option and I also believe he could be used as a back up fullback aswell. He has blinding speed, footwork, ball skills and seems to have real natural footy instincts. You just can't teach that footy instinct in to someone.
speeding-speed-kills-gory-background-illustration-blood-splattering-surrounding-wordings-traff...jpg

My post was not aimed at you TBR,and I did not say that anyone had labelled him a superstar,I asked people to not start labelling him a superstar.
He has always had good attacking instincts and speed and running ability since he was a kid(still is a kid),the concerns are his overall kicking game(good short game),game management and defence.
I love Des and hope he can work with him,but lets not put too much pressure on Des,(he did play T-Rex and Chase Stanley at 5/8 when struggling with ideas at Dogs).In saying that as I said I hope he kills it but has a bit to prove and Des is not renound for throwing kids in unless necessary,he is loyal to the guys who have done it for him.As you said,time in reggies to prove he can handle it on a regular basis and if injuries occur as the usually do then hope he gets the chance to show what he can do....
Sorry for the muck up here,this site is amongst the slowest when trying to do anything,obviously this is my response and not your quote....

Some of you should comment for Fox Sports...hyperbole galore.

It's just a stupid touch football competition. He ran out dummy half and smoked a cumbersome forward who was gassed.

Nothing to see here.

Nick Davis, an AFL player, at 39, running around the same field as these NRL players; says it all really.

Metcalf is a speed bump.

It's just a stupid touch football competition. He ran out dummy half and smoked a cumbersome forward who was gassed.

Nothing to see here.

Nick Davis, an AFL player, at 39, running around the same field as these NRL players; says it all really.

Metcalf is a speed bump.
You're obviously a glass half empty kind of bloke ;)
Oh and that guy he ran passed that was "gassed" after 60 seconds :)

Last edited:
Parker is not a similar player to Beaver, for starters he lacks the great man's speed and athleticism. However he is doing fine as a tough hole running centre who hits the line hard and he's already attracted some representative interest.
Summary: Parker is a centre!
Lol :)

I was suggesting he could play a similar role to Menzies, not that he was a Menzies clone SeaEagleRock. But I respect the fact that Menzies was unique, though perhaps young Ben T. has shown similar attributes at junior level (though at this stage not defensively). The problem for Parker is that he is going to find it hard to hold a centre spot with Suli on the rise, Walker potentially being pushed out of 5/8 by years end, Ben Trbojevic on the rise, Albert Hopoate (though probably a wing and back up full back), Funa on the rise etc. They may not have Parker's defensive performances, but all are faster and more evasive. Parker adds something to the Manly side, but I cant see him holding down the centre spot by years end. The basic role of a forward is defence and power plays. The basic role of a back, is attack, speed and evasiveness.

Interesting discussion Bear, I don't fully agree with you. Last year in attack Parker began to prove quite a handful in attack. Definitely not a speedster but you'd remember plenty of the very best ever centres who were not particularly quick. Mick Cronin. Even Steve Matai, I don't recall him making 50 metre busts but he was a key part of one of our greatest ever sides.

I'm not suggesting Parker is a future champ but I like the way he is progressing. Personally I back him to hold down a centre spot here for longer than Suli!
One thing's for sure, will be fascinating to see how it pans out.

Interesting discussion Bear, I don't fully agree with you. Last year in attack Parker began to prove quite a handful in attack. Definitely not a speedster but you'd remember plenty of the very best ever centres who were not particularly quick. Mick Cronin. Even Steve Matai, I don't recall him making 50 metre busts but he was a key part of one of our greatest ever sides.

I'm not suggesting Parker is a future champ but I like the way he is progressing. Personally I back him to hold down a centre spot here for longer than Suli!
One thing's for sure, will be fascinating to see how it pans out.
He’s better than Andrew farrer for example

I'm not sure who he's better than just yet but he seems to have the right mentality, it gets him knocked around yet he doesn't hold back.
Which reminds me, does he cop more high shots than any other player?

Nothing to see here.

Metcalf is a speed bump.
Yes I agree with you feathered friend that it is a game of touch but it also highlights touches of individual brilliance for players that stand out .

Any way feathered friend
Metcalf had the last say ......
I am going to screw you all with my SPEED !
remote.axd.jpg

I don’t think there’s a bigger improver in our club than Brad Parker.

Two years ago he was less than average , then was lucky to fill in for the injuries and would not have been picked otherwise.

In 2020 he’s reliable , tough, committed and whilst no superstar does his job very very well.
Well said @Mark from Brisbane
Brad Parker has come of age and is getting better with every game
We have not seen the best of Brad as yet and the best is yet to come !

I don’t think there’s a bigger improver in our club than Brad Parker.

Two years ago he was less than average , then was lucky to fill in for the injuries and would not have been picked otherwise.

In 2020 he’s reliable , tough, committed and whilst no superstar does his job very very well.
Given he was the forum whipping boy not so long ago he has come a long way

Luke metcalf is only 20, the speed bump quote really only applies to him as a skinny 18 year old playing against much bigger guys, he has packed on some muscle and looks set to rebuild his career after basically missing most of 2019

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7