Mestrov throws doubt on Pride for 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surprising piece from Webster. Especially when he says this:
"If people believe homophobia no longer exists, they can have a look at my inbox."

Having gone through the drama of this season I think it's a no-brainer to make the jersey an annual event. At least we'll know in advance which round it will be and can start to blood back-up players to cover those who don't want to play.
No brainer? It’s interesting with these kinds of stances there only appears to be a binary choice. I mean if you wear the jersey you are not homophobic which is defined as “having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against gay people.” If you choose not to wear it you are the definition above…you appear to endorse this in your post.
In my view this is part of the problem with the Marxist call the to arms… you are with us or against us approach. This simple minded view is at least as ignorant as the views they aim to detest. In short , life and human beings are not that simple they are far more complex and thus a more considered remedy is required. This appears beyond the comprehension of the poster I am replying too.

I can’t deny I’ll be a little disappointed if the club doesn’t do it this year. It is weak but the club. But understand. It’s a results business.

I can’t wait till there’s a pride round. And we see if it’s just our players who’ll do it. Or players from other teams.
the initiative is good and I really do think that today in 2022 it has the support of the majority but a Pride Round for the NRL...? it wont happen, unless the NRL itself wants to open up a can of worms that the whole worlds media will be in a frenzy over ... you see more than 60% of the NRLs players are Polynesian and mostly these guys are religious ( and as for that it is their choice, so we cant blame them ) and every club will be struggling to field a team of first graders, Penrith for example may only be playing with 3 or 4 regulars.

It would shine the light on the NRL, rather the SPOTLIGHT and a spot light that they wouldn't want.

So NO WAY there is ever a Pride Round, maybe they have a Inclusive Round, where the clubs are directed to push the inclusiveness of the game in many areas but a Pride Round with the rainbow colours, they will leave that to the individual clubs to decide and I cant see any club jumping on that band wagon in any real hurry, manly tried and the idea was a great one , I was proud when it was first announced, thinking wow Manly showing the way but we all know how that ended.

the initiative is good and I really do think that today in 2022 it has the support of the majority but a Pride Round for the NRL...? it wont happen, unless the NRL itself wants to open up a can of worms that the whole worlds media will be in a frenzy over ... you see more than 60% of the NRLs players are Polynesian and mostly these guys are religious ( and as for that it is their choice, so we cant blame them ) and every club will be struggling to field a team of first graders, Penrith for example may only be playing with 3 or 4 regulars.

It would shine the light on the NRL, rather the SPOTLIGHT and a spot light that they wouldn't want.

So NO WAY there is ever a Pride Round, maybe they have a Inclusive Round, where the clubs are directed to push the inclusiveness of the game in many areas but a Pride Round with the rainbow colours, they will leave that to the individual clubs to decide and I cant see any club jumping on that band wagon in any real hurry, manly tried and the idea was a great one , I was proud when it was first announced, thinking wow Manly showing the way but we all know how that ended.
That 's the brutal reality at the moment and Manly are on a hiding to nothing if the same approach is largely repeated next season and no change in the N R L "s position . Scrambling for points is a challenge in any normal season for most sides and won 't be helped again for Manly if there is a repetition of last season 's debacle or minor debacle .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2