Messiaghan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
unfortunately you dont win comps with solid playmakers.never ever happens as history confirms..what is the point of having an hard working average half.it is not a reflection on him but as a manly fan i want to win not make up the numbers.the club has a duty to attempt to improve its chances of winning the comp.if we cant find an alternative ok.but the club must try.

Witt falls deeper into this basket - How long does he get to fit in. This is the time of year where he should be inproving after getting used to the team yet he seams to be going backwards.

His goalkicking aside i would prefer a good 5/8 to go with monas rather than witt

thanks scoop, Monaghs isnt in the top 4 half backs!

im not sure hes in the top 10, can ad Witt to that basket as well, thank god hes a sharp shooter and very young still i guess, yes i am trying to find excuses for him i know.

Its so tough as both seem awesome blokes, and try there guts out.

Byso, you mentioned Monaghs touches the ball so much, i actually think he doesnt touch the ball enough sometimes, you watch Joey or Kimmor. etc they touch four times every six minimum even simple hit ups they are passing the ball and providing direction, it may just be dessies match plan but sometimes monaghs doesnt get involved till the 4th or 5th tackle, when we are steam rolling teams thats cool, but when we needed composure under pressure like yesterday he has to do more.

it think it does indicate a bit of the match plan there pepsi - there is a lot of one up running from our guys early in the set.

Penrith won with Gower in the halves and hes ****.

If your forwards are going forward... the solid half will provide. I think Monas lacked a bit of control but hes still only played 50 games or so. Hes fairly inexperienced still. Hes still young.. he will only get better. His ball skills in one play were awesome.. sort of Prince like when he faked to kick and passed it to the centre.. awesome stuff.

His kicking game got us great field position. It was just a shame the forwards died.. so did he.

Bench players were useless.

Penrith won with Gower in the halves and hes ****.

If your forwards are going forward... the solid half will provide. I think Monas lacked a bit of control but hes still only played 50 games or so. Hes fairly inexperienced still. Hes still young.. he will only get better. His ball skills in one play were awesome.. sort of Prince like when he faked to kick and passed it to the centre.. awesome stuff.

His kicking game got us great field position. It was just a shame the forwards died.. so did he.

Bench players were useless.

gower is twice the player monas is,australian player ,current soo player.far out he has been quiet after a shocking injury ,give me gower for three monas.

Gower has just been picked for NSW!!

Kaza is right - forwards did die and bench was poor but Monas was trying too hard and trying to pull off a miracle instead of playing the percentage game that the arm-wrestle demanded. Mistakes put us under pressure and we didn't have composure.

I agree with KaZa, Gower's average now days. He should have got the most overrated tag in that poll anyday before Anasta. Loopy passes, **** kicking. How he got picked for NSW this time around, well we know why, because he has been there before. Just like Tahu getting the nod over Eric Grothe. No comparison between those two.

gower for me any day, you guys are crazy, Gower is one of the toughest blokes ive seen on a footy field, the knocks he has taken yet stayed on.... mate the blokes played for australia, id go so far as to say, IF We have gower yesterday, having played the same amount of games monaghs has for manly, with the same combinations we win, simple.

guys what is it about this money thing ,**** me its irrelevant what we pay monas if he cant cut it in big games,he might be a cheap option but i want to win the comp.

Yeah well this Manly side would have bugger all chances with Gower. While you won't win the comp, you will also be wasting a good extra 260 grand while you are at it.

my point wasnt soley based around gower,i am talking about paying big dollars for class players,if management think we can afford it why settle for a cheap option.

ill take preston campbell over witt any day - he offers 100 times more in attack, which makes up for the defence

my point wasnt soley based around gower,i am talking about paying big dollars for class players,if management think we can afford it why settle for a cheap option.

Mine was. Gower's not class imo. I'd be willing to pay big dollars for someone of Anasta's class however, or anyone at that level, a level which is far beyond Gower.

ok so my point isnt wasted on you , our opninions differ on gower but that is beside the point,we need a classy playmaker and unfortunately one has to pay big dollars for those players.

guys what is it about this money thing ,**** me its irrelevant what we pay monas if he cant cut it in big games,he might be a cheap option but i want to win the comp.

I want to win the comp too, but what is on the market? very little apart from Orford and it looks like he is not heading our way. So at the moment Monas is our No 1 half and more than likely will be in 2006.

Why continually complain that Monas wont win us a comp and bring up the argument that he is the reason we lose? Mngt obviously think he wont win us a comp, hence the reason why we almost let him go. I see no point in harping on about it, which some do continually.

In the end we signed him for a further 3 years for a reported $240k which is fair money for a decent half, which he is. I dare say we will continue to look for another half and if we find one to replace Monas $240k is what a good hooker is worth. Monas would make a damn good hooker in my view!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4