MERGED: Board Issues Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Peace in Sea Eagles boardroom may rest on independent chair

All this destabilisation happening at a time hen we still have significant resigning's to make and not to mention a title defence to mount.

These guys just all seem like self serving, agenda driven egomaniac's, and try seem hellbent on tearing down the club and culture that our players past and present and fans have created.

And if there is a spill or a re-structure, why is it again been played out in public.

I think we need the Godfather to come down from the Gold Coast and straighten these blokes out .

So Phillip Dean is now the spokesman?

RE: BOARD ISSUES - Our Right to Know

Ryan said:
ManlyBacker said:
If they are smart Ryan then I don't know what a poor history would look like:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/companies/quantum-energy-teeters-as-losses-mount-to-525m/story-fn91v9q3-1226310725506

Means nothing mate. Absolutely nothing. Taking one figure from a P&L and/or Balance Sheet, and you can make anything terrible. Profits can be whatever number they want it to be.

It's cash that runs a company. Net Cash after the Operations of the business.

Remember, profit is derived from both tangible, and intangible numbers (depreciation) etc.

I don't know the finer points of the business, but from what I viewed, cash is being driven into debt retirement, R&D and other things that long term makes a business viable.

I'm not their financial controller, but things aren't really that bleak from the trends I saw.

Also, that article reeks of hysteria. Manly are on the verge of collapse? Oh, really? The "struggling" Sea Eagles? How so? Hasn't Perry turned the P&L around? This aticle was only a few months ago.

No offense Ryan but only a banker could see the bright side of the loss of nearly twp thirds of investor capital, and the share price going from 70 cents on listing 8 years ago to sub 10 cents for 2 years to under 3 cents the last 6 months. That is as bleak as it gets.

Dear manly board....

Can you please get your **** together. We have an important game against the scum on monday and i would appreciate it if we could focus on some footy.

Regards

The Wheel said:
So Phillip Dean is now the spokesman?

G'day Geoff, How are you mate? and the twins?

To answer your question...No, Phil is not the spokesperson of the club but he is the secretary of the club (FC) so made sense that he (was approached and) answered

This is a post of an interview as a result of recent press relating to the club, ownership and voting rights at (MWSE) board level.

Happy for you (or other members) to contact me directly if need be to discuss?

Cheers mate and GO YOU PREMIERS!!!!

Found this on another forum.

The real reason for those pushing out Penn
At a glance it appears the Manly board are up to their usual tricks BUT the real reason Quantum and other board members are playing hardball with holding Penn to an inner club promise that was meant to be instigated at the formation of the independent commission, is something else entirely. Quantum's parent company is ridiculously loaded and wants to force the penn family into a buy out. They are more than happy for it to be played out in the media and many at the club hope it will happen as it would propel Manly back to being one of the richest clubs in the NRL. Expect to hear much more on this.

Michael Chee Kam looks to be an absolute gun of a player. Killed it tonight in Newcastle. No wonder Don Furner approached Ian Schubert about Manly pinching him for 3 seasons despite the Raiders making him a massive offer to extend at Canberra.

A certain Manly board member was openly claiming Darcy Lussick's signature today @ $200 000 a season. $50 000 less a season than the Eels were offering.

And this.

Despite everyone calling Des a traitor, he delivered 2 premierships amongst constant backstabbing and inhouse boardroom fighting. There was even an extraordinary push to not extend his contract. Manly assumed Des was(and he most certainly was at the time) Manly through and through and would never leave. Then when he got jack of being used as a pawn as well as having boardmembers and major shareholders trying to meddle with his football team he walked. He has achieved tremendous results already under a unified board at the Doggies and he will only get better. Des wanted to coach and develop his football players and got sick of being drawn into the crap at board level.

Hey vid,

Any truth to what I cut and paste above?

Do you agree with what seems to be happening at boardroom level?

joeboy said:

The real reason for those pushing out Penn
At a glance it appears the Manly board are up to their usual tricks BUT the real reason Quantum and other board members are playing hardball with holding Penn to an inner club promise that was meant to be instigated at the formation of the independent commission, is something else entirely. Quantum's parent company is ridiculously loaded and wants to force the penn family into a buy out. They are more than happy for it to be played out in the media and many at the club hope it will happen as it would propel Manly back to being one of the richest clubs in the NRL. Expect to hear much more on this.

Michael Chee Kam looks to be an absolute gun of a player. Killed it tonight in Newcastle. No wonder Don Furner approached Ian Schubert about Manly pinching him for 3 seasons despite the Raiders making him a massive offer to extend at Canberra.

A certain Manly board member was openly claiming Darcy Lussick's signature today @ $200 000 a season. $50 000 less a season than the Eels were offering.

And this.

Despite everyone calling Des a traitor, he delivered 2 premierships amongst constant backstabbing and inhouse boardroom fighting. There was even an extraordinary push to not extend his contract. Manly assumed Des was(and he most certainly was at the time) Manly through and through and would never leave. Then when he got jack of being used as a pawn as well as having boardmembers and major shareholders trying to meddle with his football team he walked. He has achieved tremendous results already under a unified board at the Doggies and he will only get better. Des wanted to coach and develop his football players and got sick of being drawn into the crap at board level.

Hey vid,

joeboy said:
]
Hey vid,

Hi.
Not sure who you are but (Let me know if we've met before or introduce yourself and) happy to chat?

Most regulars have my details so get in contact - otherwise PM me your details and we'll go from there?

Cheers

Vidmar

joeboy said:

Lie down with Dogs and you'll get fleas. Maybe you should be directing this question to one of our other regular posters. That's if you can see him.

RE: BOARD ISSUES - Our Right to Know

Banks are secured creditors, things never get bleak for them.

The guy who posted it has posted here before aswell, I'm a manly fan, this guy seems to have some good mail, that's the only reason I put it here, if it is somewhat true it does shed a bit more light.

I don't really know what you are getting at ?

Mate if I had a dollar for every bit of "good mail" I read on an internet forum I'd be able to buy the Sydney GPO.

RE: Penn threatens to pull Manly funding

Ryan said:
The Eagle said:
Go get help you bi polar merkin, you're mentally insufficient

You can't beat it alone

Example A
Two sentences - without expletives. LoL.

Mentally "deficient", not insufficient.

Too many cones has affected your literacy skills mate.

Lastly, bipolar is a serious disease. I'd hold the proverbial tongue in case you offend some people.

I hear the hooch makes people paranoid, and they often lash out. Just relax. Step AWAY from the cone. Your life will be better for it. I also hear people deny smoking the green as well, as I'm sure you will - which is a true sign of admittance.

Good ol Shane, the main vein gravy chain, off on a whacky adventure, to la la land.

Boring old ****, here's a fun fact bear

I'm living an almost straight edge lifestyle (other than occasional grog say twice a year) so go drink more and out the razors in the bin

RE: Penn threatens to pull Manly funding

The Eagle said:
Ryan said:
The Eagle said:
Go get help you bi polar merkin, you're mentally insufficient

You can't beat it alone

Example A
Two sentences - without expletives. LoL.

Mentally "deficient", not insufficient.

Too many cones has affected your literacy skills mate.

Lastly, bipolar is a serious disease. I'd hold the proverbial tongue in case you offend some people.

I hear the hooch makes people paranoid, and they often lash out. Just relax. Step AWAY from the cone. Your life will be better for it. I also hear people deny smoking the green as well, as I'm sure you will - which is a true sign of admittance.

Good ol Shane, the main vein gravy chain, off on a whacky adventure, to la la land.

Boring old s**t, here's a fun fact bear

I'm living an almost straight edge lifestyle (other than occasional grog say twice a year) so go drink more and out the razors in the bin

"so go drink more and out the razors in the bin".
Sorry, your going to have to explain what that means??? Out what??? Where???

Also, are you calling me a bear, or a beer this time? If I'm a bear, does that mean I look soft and cuddly, but can growl a lot, and if I'm a beer, does that mean you want to swallow me twice a year?

I'm confused.

Peace in Sea Eagles boardroom may rest on independent chair

Parra have a supposedly united Board and how does that work for them? I doubt the Board issues will be solved on these forums. We've won Premierships while they've bickered. At least Manly is a commodity people want to be involved with.

Chip and Chase said:
Mate if I had a dollar for every bit of "good mail" I read on an internet forum I'd be able to buy the Sydney GPO.

The guy posting over there has been on the ball with alot of stuff lately. I have been reading their posts with interest.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8