Membership Update & Local Fan Hubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Easts leagues at stones corner wouldnt be a bad option, close to busway, 5 minutes to train, close to city,cheap steaks and RL

EagleRockin2012 said:
Hi All,

Hope you enjoyed the win last week against the Warriors, what a game it was!

As of Monday our Member tally was 8278, we are getting closer to our goal of 12,000!

We are having some issues with updating this on our website so please ignore the number currently displayed.

On another note, we are looking to set up Sea Eagles fan hubs for away matches. Would be interested to see where you guys go to watch away matches and if there is a strong following of Sea Eagles supporters in that area.

It doesn't have to be in the Manly area as our supporters are spread far and wide!

Cheers,

Matt
Hi Matt

I Was talking to a mate about membership in league the other day and how clubs can increase numbers and I remembered a few
Local area marketing strategies I've seen work in the past with companies I've worked for wondered if it could work for Manly.

Earning Your Schools Wings

Schools (Primary schools especially) are always looking to raise money, I'm sure we've all been asked to buy a chocolate, a pie or even a box of krispy kremes to raise money for a local school or sporting team.

So how can this work for memberships for an NRL club? Identify and sign up schools to sell memberships, remembering the sellers are going to be aged 6-11 with the help from mum and it would need to be kept simple so limiting the memberships sold to, Next Gen, Junior and supporter or white wings will keep it simple for the little wings sellers.

What's in it for the school? For ever membership sold the school recieves a small portion of the fee, Im unsure the costs involved for each package but as a suggestion something like $1 for each Next gen, $4 for each junior and $5 or $6 for each adult membership.

You could also offer merchandise as prizes to the best seller/s at each school and even a signed jersey for the school who sells the most wings to encourage maxium sales.

Most primary schools have a population of 400 - 500 if you could get 6 schools on board I think you could safely get 1500 in next gen and juniors alone as well as getting a decent number of new adult members through mums and dads. It could be something you could run next year during the membership premiership.

It's a bit tricky to explain on here so if it's something you guys would be interested in doing feel free to flick me an email if you have any questions.

Hey Cambo,

We are just about to launch something very similar to this next week so stay tuned.

Hitting up local primary and secondary schools in the area and creating a membership competition between them.

Hopefully we will get some great results out of it!

This Fan Hub initiative is something that we would like to get up and running from within the Club.

The involvement of our fans is critical and we very much value everyone's input and suggestions.

I hope you all enjoy what will be a great game against the Tigers tomorrow night!

Go Manly!

Cheers,

Matt

Just checked the Qld Cup Draw and the weekend that Manly play the Titans at 19:30 (7:30pm)(the Brookie Game). Easts(Brisbane) play Cutters @ Langlands Park same day at 15:00 (3:00pm) - Maybe a potential get together?

As James has said its an easy ground to get to.

This way you get to see a Qld Cup game and then sit back and enjoy Manly play.

From memory most Qld Cup games are cheap to get into - well compared to the NRL they are.

Now for the bad news...... Easts are actually a Storm feeder team

eagles2win said:
Just checked the Qld Cup Draw and the weekend that Manly play the Titans at 19:30 (7:30pm)(the Brookie Game). Easts(Brisbane) play Cutters @ Langlands Park same day at 15:00 (3:00pm) - Maybe a potential get together?

As James has said its an easy ground to get to.

This way you get to see a Qld Cup game and then sit back and enjoy Manly play.

From memory most Qld Cup games are cheap to get into - well compared to the NRL they are.

Now for the bad news...... Easts are actually a Storm feeder team

Thats some good work there mate. You could count me into that id presume, just checking the schedule. Easts games are about 8 bucks to get into. The clubhouse is attached

and enough time to get a steak in between

Matt can you flick an email for members in the area around for that date, for Manly fans to go to meet up at Easts Leagues Club COOPAROO (Brisbane - be careful here as Carina's Leaguesy is also the Tigers but thats near the bus terminal).
It's a 3:00 pm kick off but knowing a few of you, you'll get a few beers into you prior to that. I'll flick of an event thing on facey to the guy's I know. I'll try to coerce a few ring in's from other club's as well.
If your in another part of Qld I'll try and find a game for you and others to go to (try for a Qld Cup Game) that way the club you go to gets some money for there juniors and builds a rapport with Manly.
Wide Bay is a problem area though(Even though I lived in the area years ago - was going to suggest Across the Waves (no I didn't play for them I played for the Burrum District Miners). That and it doesn't have a Qld Cup Team yet.

The problem is alot of these teams feed straight into our opposition unfortunately.
If anyone lives in the Redlands area would be interested in going to the Wynnum vs Easts game @ Kougari in a few weeks.
DM me.

Also would love to see guy's down NSW organise a similar thing! You've got a descent comp come on!!!
Meet ups to support the NSW Cup Side, Harrold Matts and SG Ball and no not just to Brookie but others. Know for a fact that Henson Park is one of the best places to watch footy at so get amongst it!

Now for the CRL guys - my family is connected with The Entrance Tigers on the Central Coast so if I was down there would be watching them play Bundy Red Cup if not Manly.

But the truth is it's up to you guys.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4