Membership Update & Local Fan Hubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi All,

Hope you enjoyed the win last week against the Warriors, what a game it was!

As of Monday our Member tally was 8278, we are getting closer to our goal of 12,000!

We are having some issues with updating this on our website so please ignore the number currently displayed.

On another note, we are looking to set up Sea Eagles fan hubs for away matches. Would be interested to see where you guys go to watch away matches and if there is a strong following of Sea Eagles supporters in that area.

It doesn't have to be in the Manly area as our supporters are spread far and wide!

Cheers,

Matt

EagleRockin2012 said:
Hi All,

Hope you enjoyed the win last week against the Warriors, what a game it was!

As of Monday our Member tally was 8278, we are getting closer to our goal of 12,000!

We are having some issues with updating this on our website so please ignore the number currently displayed.

On another note, we are looking to set up Sea Eagles fan hubs for away matches. Would be interested to see where you guys go to watch away matches and if there is a strong following of Sea Eagles supporters in that area.

It doesn't have to be in the Manly area as our supporters are spread far and wide!

Cheers,

Matt
There's heaps of us up in Brisbane. I think it's a great idea. There used to be a few of us who did this on the goldy a few years back.

Brisbane and the gold coast would be a great start. While im aware that they have functions/tours there are many thousands of fans that dont want to, or cant take time off work( friday afternoons) to make the early function times .Nor do they necessarily want to part with great wads of cash to see a local game like the gold coast to be part of a group

For us local fans its either do the official tour like the coast and pay approx 1000 bucks for a family to attend or go on your pat malone

The locals wouldn't pay this to watch a game at parramatta.There is a massive fan base in this area that are not catered for under the current arrangements.

We dont need travel and accomodation packages, we just need organisation.

A sense of belonging can only increase membership long term

Sorry guys just to clarify that I am not referring to a traveling supporter group, but rather groups of fans who may head down to a place in their local area to watch games together.

Where do Sea Eagles fans watch matches in your area?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt,

Down in Campbelltown there are quiet a number of Manly Supporters and they seem to congregate at either the Campbelltown Catholic Club or Campbelltown Golf Club to watch Manly games. I attend all home games.

Manly 629 seems to have got the idea on this.

Those venues may be a good spot for people to head for if they are not at the game (home or away?)

We know there are groups of fans scattered around the country that for whatever reason can't always get to the ground we are playing at but would still like to have a venue on game day in their local area where they can go and meet other fans/members to watch games when Manly are playing (rather than sit at home by themselves)

Bris and the Gold Coast are obvious areas so what we are looking to do is see if there are any local pubs/venues that people are already doing this or can suggest likely places where it could be set up? (and even people who would like to get involved as a point of contact?)

I know Lou who was with us in the UK posted a venue pre-Warriors game in the Brisbane area and Tony in Auckland has set up the Flo bar on Osborne Street Newmarket as Manly Central on game days (he even gives discount on drinks for members who can show their membership when the game is on!)

I know David Perry and the rest of the staff are keen for this to happen and will offer a range of ideas and support to do what they can to help.

James B - where would be your best venue (apart from your house of course?)

Lismore - Rick, Where do you reckon?

Dan/Matabele what about in your neck of the woods in QLD?

WAMF/Pat - what about Perth?

Kiwi Eagle - Your part of NZ?

Manly Backer - you've mentioned Port Macquarie? Where would be a good spot to meet for games?

Others?

Is it just me but I think the club is asking where to out of towners watch the games because they want to set up Manly 'home bases' across the country. ie your local pub/club could become an offical Manly fan spot.

Good idea. I wonder if the club could corral members by postcode and then suggest a local venue to meet on match day. I live in pc2042, inner west of Sydney, and there's plenty of pubs that would suit and encourage a bunch of drinkers (i.e. supporters). The club could get in touch with a member, who could coordinate the local supporters, and it could expand from there. Out of towners would be easier to organize through the Manly email..

vidmar said:

Those venues may be a good spot for people to head for if they are not at the game (home or away?)

We know there are groups of fans scattered around the country that for whatever reason can't always get to the ground we are playing at but would still like to have a venue on game day in their local area where they can go and meet other fans/members to watch games when Manly are playing (rather than sit at home by themselves)

Bris and the Gold Coast are obvious areas so what we are looking to do is see if there are any local pubs/venues that people are already doing this or can suggest likely places where it could be set up? (and even people who would like to get involved as a point of contact?)

I know Lou who was with us in the UK posted a venue pre-Warriors game in the Brisbane area and Tony in Auckland has set up the Flo bar on Osborne Street Newmarket as Manly Central on game days (he even gives discount on drinks for members who can show their membership when the game is on!)

I know David Perry and the rest of the staff are keen for this to happen and will offer a range of ideas and support to do what they can to help.

Manly Backer - you've mentioned Port Macquarie? Where would be a good spot to meet for games?

Others?

While i could suggest a few pubs , its a bit more difficult than it sounds. There is no guarantee many pubs will play the NRL. With the reds and the lions playing in brisbane ive been in many a pub who just change the channel on you regardless of how much you yell

Getting a publican like the ones you have mentioned to commit is great but i couldnt mention one pub that would with confidence

The city is obviously good for its central location but i know very little of the pubs in town now im wiser. My local is the brisbane lions social club at springwood
1 dollar for 5 years membership and its not even a beer walk on the way home, or half that for the bowls club but there TV is still black and white

vidmar said:

Others?
Brisbane is that big you probably need to split in 3

South/ gold coast
Central
North / sunny coast

Cambo said:
vidmar said:

Others?

South/ gold coast
Central
North / sunny coast

I'd have 4 myself Cam

GC
Sth
Ctrl
Nth

If this idea was around 12 months ago would have suggested The Glen at Eight Mile Plains (only because I knew a manager - but he no longer works there, so might have looked after us ie deals for meals etc) for us Sth of the River.
James whats a good local around your area?
My local is good if one good barperson is on but this rarely the case
Don't know about mine bar in Cleveland (the Sands - and if anyone says the Alex I'll slap you)

eagles2win said:
Cambo said:
vidmar said:

Others?

South/ gold coast
Central
North / sunny coast

I'd have 4 myself Cam

GC
Sth
Ctrl
Nth
Your probably right ant. You will probably get more people involved like that. People want to be reasonably close to home to have a drink or two.

Find a freindly venue is a key factor as well. We tried many on the coast with the best ones being Burleigh Leagues (rugby league was always a priority there.) and Treetops at west Burleigh when Graham Eadie was working there.

It would be great to find a pub on the gold coast the would look after us on a Friday night when manly plays and give us the NBN feed on a Friday night rather than watching it on delay after the Qld game. Robina Tav maybe one of the managers there is a massive manly fan.

jbb/james said:
While i could suggest a few pubs , its a bit more difficult than it sounds. There is no guarantee many pubs will play the NRL. With the reds and the lions playing in brisbane ive been in many a pub who just change the channel on you regardless of how much you yell

Reminds me of Round 26 2006, we were playing Doggies, I can't remember. the exact positions but we were both within the top 8.

I found myself in Brisbane, at The Breakfast Creek hotel, and I had to harass multiple staff multiple times to get the Manly game on tv. Apparently they only showed the "Important" games, and somehow didn't consider two top 8 teams playing in the 2nd last round important enough ... WTF !!!!

Others have mentioned this but it's right.....in Brisbane (I can't comment on the Goldie) it's hard to get a pub to guarantee that they'll show a Manly game, beleive me I have tried many times. If the Lions are on, the Reds are on or the Roar are on they get top billing every time.

I guess if we were able to coral a bigger number of people then shear force in numbers might change this, but whenever I have tried to do it in the past it's just all too difficult and we get small numbers so it falls on it's backside. I even resorted to hosting it my home one night early in the piece!!

But I am more than happy to co-ordinate "FREE get togethers" here in Brisbane, where we just pick a pub (and yes I'd check they will show the NRL) and we can get together, in our gear, and you eat what you want,drink what you want.....so if everyone would like to e-mail me if they are from Brisbane I'll create a new e-mail list. I have thousands on my e-mail data base but havent created a "just live in Queensland list", but am happy to do that if people take the time to let me know.

For our Gold Coast and Brisbane games later in the year I'll put on our usual "Game Day Experience" packages (accommodation can be booked but is not a pre requisite), which will include a pre game get together (great way to start the day), transport if needed and ticket to the game. In every instance we freely advertise the bay numbers where we will be for those that can't make that. I know the packages don't suit everyone (especially some locals) but these are primarily aimed at those coming up from Sydney.....AND if you are a local and can get to the Caxton (ie the Brisbane trip) by about 5.30pm then it iS a great way to start a "Brookvale North Assault".

BUT I am happy to try and get fans together in South East Queensland IF the need is there!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Others have mentioned this but it's right.....in Brisbane (I can't comment on the Goldie) it's hard to get a pub to guarantee that they'll show a Manly game, beleive me I have tried many times. If the Lions are on, the Reds are on or the Roar are on they get top billing every time.

I guess if we were able to coral a bigger number of people then shear force in numbers might change this, but whenever I have tried to do it in the past it's just all too difficult and we get small numbers so it falls on it's backside. I even resorted to hosting it my home one night early in the piece!!

But I am more than happy to co-ordinate "FREE get togethers" here in Brisbane, where we just pick a pub (and yes I'd check they will show the NRL) and we can get together, in our gear, and you eat what you want,drink what you want.....so if everyone would like to e-mail me if they are from Brisbane I'll create a new e-mail list. I have thousands on my e-mail data base but havent created a "just live in Queensland list", but am happy to do that if people take the time to let me know.

For our Gold Coast and Brisbane games later in the year I'll put on our usual "Game Day Experience" packages (accommodation can be booked but is not a pre requisite), which will include a pre game get together (great way to start the day), transport if needed and ticket to the game. In every instance we freely advertise the bay numbers where we will be for those that can't make that. I know the packages don't suit everyone (especially some locals) but these are primarily aimed at those coming up from Sydney.....AND if you are a local and can get to the Caxton (ie the Brisbane trip) by about 5.30pm then it iS a great way to start a "Brookvale North Assault".

BUT I am happy to try and get fans together in South East Queensland IF the need is there!!
Something that might be a go is targeting leagues clubs because generally rugby league is a priority on their screens.

For the northside redcliffe is very good and I had no problems watching manly games on their big screens I know Burleigh are the same. Maybe easts leagues for the guys based centrally centrally. All 3 are quiet big clubs (as big if not bigger than manly leagues)

Just an idea.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I like that idea

Think we might give the one at Red Hill a miss!!!
Lol :)

Hey mark where's crushers leagues club apparently it's rather big.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2