Members Council Nov 19

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Hey all

Another council meeting tonight myself and @Mitch we’re in attendance, summary is;

1/ New CEO introduced himself to the council - impressive background in aviation outside is NRL experience. Most recent BA responsible for 12 billion pound in revenue and over 1000 staff. Looking to improve across all areas but we now have a very good base to start the journey

2/ CoE is progressing well, early support from local community and business. DA submitted. The designs were previewed and certainly looks impressive. Plenty of improvements like ladies change rooms, better and more disability access, definitely better facilities for training etc

The club has asked for members and fans to lodge submissions to support the DA. I will share more info on that shortly.

Assuming DA is approved, building will commence April/May and will be finished by June 2021. Long term lease currently being discussed with council.

3/ significant uplift in digital engagement across all channels in 2019.

4/ New merchandise supplier in place - New Jersey design launch. Obviously a different look to launch Dynasty. I saw the jersey and they look good IMO. New Leagues Club store and online store expected to open 2nd week December with range expanding leading into the season

5/ Cuzzo gave a media update- plenty of articles and videos coming. 2020 squad with contracts etc is updated on website still only 29 named. Player Profiles will be updated on website in coming weeks. Not much media engagement until closer to season which is deliberate ‘under the radar’

6/ Memberships going well - up 15% on this time last year. Strong renewal rate. Members Christmas party next week. Watch for the Members and Fans Day in February and season launch early March

Some issues raised from ST posters;

@Happily Manly

• Pave the Way, Steve Humphreys and Brett Mainwarring (coo) will investigate and discuss with Architecture team for CoE
  • Better Coverage of Blacktown is being planned for 2020 (The club will be doing more rather than relying on BWSE)
  • Printable team pic for 2020 - will be looked into, they appreciated the feedback on printable season draw
  • Manly Daily coverage, no local reporters in place unfortunately, Jon Geddes is part time and only writes Blindside, club will be talking to MD to hopefully improve in 2020

Good man Stephen Humphreys, strong league history and highly experienced.

To be honest I’m surprised he took the job.

He was head of sales with Avis Rental Cars in 1995 when I became a Franchisee.

That’s in addition to his many exploits in the travel / aviation industry.

I’m sure he’ll do a fine job.

Great news

The future is bright and full of opportunity !!!

images.jpg

Hey all

Another council meeting tonight myself and @Mitch we’re in attendance, summary is;

1/ New CEO introduced himself to the council - impressive background in aviation outside is NRL experience. Most recent BA responsible for 12 billion pound in revenue and over 1000 staff. Looking to improve across all areas but we now have a very good base to start the journey

2/ CoE is progressing well, early support from local community and business. DA submitted. The designs were previewed and certainly looks impressive. Plenty of improvements like ladies change rooms, better and more disability access, definitely better facilities for training etc

The club has asked for members and fans to lodge submissions to support the DA. I will share more info on that shortly.

Assuming DA is approved, building will commence April/May and will be finished by June 2021. Long term lease currently being discussed with council.

3/ significant uplift in digital engagement across all channels in 2019.

4/ New merchandise supplier in place - New Jersey design launch. Obviously a different look to launch Dynasty. I saw the jersey and they look good IMO. New Leagues Club store and online store expected to open 2nd week December with range expanding leading into the season

5/ Cuzzo gave a media update- plenty of articles and videos coming. 2020 squad with contracts etc is updated on website still only 29 named. Player Profiles will be updated on website in coming weeks. Not much media engagement until closer to season which is deliberate ‘under the radar’

6/ Memberships going well - up 15% on this time last year. Strong renewal rate. Members Christmas party next week. Watch for the Members and Fans Day in February and season launch early March

Some issues raised from ST posters;

@Happily Manly

• Pave the Way, Steve Humphreys and Brett Mainwarring (coo) will investigate and discuss with Architecture team for CoE
  • Better Coverage of Blacktown is being planned for 2020 (The club will be doing more rather than relying on BWSE)
  • Printable team pic for 2020 - will be looked into, they appreciated the feedback on printable season draw
  • Manly Daily coverage, no local reporters in place unfortunately, Jon Geddes is part time and only writes Blindside, club will be talking to MD to hopefully improve in 2020

Thanks for the update, Mr Wheel. Appreciate the time you and @Mitch put into the committee (and thanks to all of the committee members, of course).

Good wrap up wheel.

As far as SM content I’m probably asking for the impossible but would love to hear more from des.

Good wrap up wheel.

As far as SM content I’m probably asking for the impossible but would love to hear more from des.
Des is actually the highest rating on website - I think you will be hearing more from Des next season but Des is Des, he will do it when he is ready

Perfect wrap up @The Wheel !

Stephen was certainly really impressive and obviously comes with some great experience from his time at BA. @HappilyManly he was certainly very interested in ensuring those pavers don't lose significance as well.

The CoE update was really encouraging, and I think it will provide a lot further engagement as a spectator sitting there with the player tunnel, change rooms etc. Knowing that if all goes to plan that will be ready for the mid point of season 2021 is pretty exciting and is hopefully part of grander plans for the ground.

Whilst there wasn't a huge focus on football related matters, it was interesting to note that whilst not due back until mid December (along with Marty, Addin and Jorge), Jake apparently can't be kept away from the place! Helping out with community events and getting down around the rest of the squad at training.

Wow, he's going from running a $20 Billion business to a loss making, shoestring budget sporting franchise. Interesting career progression.
Bringing the family back to Aust plus he loves Rugby League, will be living a Collaroy so maybe Location was a lure compared to UK

Last edited:
The DA has the screen moved to the NE Hill which concerns me as our afternoon games will mean the westerly sun reflecting directly off it :eek:

Did you @The Wheel , @Mitch see a detailed plan that shows the position of the sun/shadow diagrams on the scoreboard?

I might pop into the Council and ask to see the DA live

Find an Application

Click on 'Documents' to see video

https://eservices.northernbeaches.n...nt.aspx?id=ELZv7v8L7qAV0A60ki4OEg%3d%3d&t=app
Not a detailed plan but a significant amount of thought has gone into the positioning of the scoreboard and this was considered the best spot taking into account all aspects of the ground. Down the track there are plans for an additional scoreboard

Just thought I'd give another positive shoutout to MWSE (via @The Wheel and @Mitch) for including the Seabirds in a position front and centre with Tom, Jake and Cherry in our membership pack.

That we include them in such a prominent part of our membership experience shows the respect we all have for their professionalism and their contribution to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing their time supporting our club not only provides each member of the Seabirds a positive sense of accomplishment with being associated with such a successful team but also provides another step in their development in their careers in whatever field in life they choose.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd give another positive shoutout to MWSE (via @The Wheel and @Mitch) for including the Seabirds in a position front and centre with Tom, Jake and Cherry in our membership pack.

That we include them in such a prominent part of our membership experience shows the respect we all have for their professionalism and their contribution to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles experience.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing their time supporting our club not only provides each member of the Seabirds a positive sense of accomplishment with being associated with such a successful team but also provides another step in their development in their careers in whatever field in life they choose.
Will pass on

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4