Members Council Feedback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi all,

I shouldn't really contribute because I am not a member..... but I do have experience in loyalty programs and membership development, so I will just throw two things in and then shut up:

20+ year members.... nothing can substitute 20 years of love, sweat and tears as a member. No pib, shirt or cap will ever be enough.... but experiences and emotions are the one thing that CAN hit the mark. So I would suggest recognition of 20+ year members at match days... or rewarding some long term members with leading the team onto the field etc - emotions and experiences are worth more than 'things'. What about even a personalised message from Des or a video message shot on an ipohne and sent as a text to a member saying 'thanks john for being a bloody legend and supporting us for 20 years - this is a message just for you, and we will do our best to score a try for you this weekend against x' or something like that?

Getting members to attend every week - good question and problem. Perhaps an incentive to attend more than 7 games - like for every game over 7 games you get a future discount on next years membership, or you go into a draw for something. ENCOURAGE them to attend, rather than punish them for not attending.

ENough from me.

The only other thing I'd mention is to try to continue the push down a greener path. The constituents of the area did show how much that matters to them at the last election by voting in Zali, so a bit of an investigation into more sustainable products would be nice. The bottle and the tote are a good start. Like to see them build on that...

Got a cupboard full of ill fitting snap back members caps gathering dust, even though I wear caps every day. Will be opting for the scarf this year(fantastic idea). What I'd really love is a flexfit cap without sponsors on it. I'd probably only take it off to sleep. Members discount on food and drink would make it more attractive for existing members to turn up and would entice others to become members.

Every human being is different as we all have different motives , passions etc

Club members like me are members because we are passionate about our club and we are rewarded every game and every time our great players run on to the field for us

We feel a sense of pride and a sense of belonging and a sense of gratitude and responsibility to support our great club the Manly Sea eagles by becoming club members

My Philosophy is ....

Its not what our great club can do for you but
Its what you can do for your great club the Manly Sea eagles as this is what really makes a great club and that is great club peoples attitudes

Great club people become great club members

HOW GREAT OF A MANLY FAN ARE YOU ?

DONT JUST TELL US HOW GREAT OF A FAN YOU ARE

BE REAL AND SHOW US

THERE IS A CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE TO SUIT EVERY GREAT MANLY FAN

RING AND FIND OUT WHICH CLUB MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE IS BEST FOR YOU

BE REAL

DO IT TODAY !!!
b6a7e1a5ea91d24980acadbd96af327b.jpg

I am surprised that a very successful professional sporting club in the nations premier sport with over 70 years of experience is still in the need of hints and clues as to how to promote themselves to their members .... surely somebody has these skills on a resume they could employ ..

I am reminded of a comment by a punter back in the 70's when there had been a spate of goal escapes ... he opined that you would think that after 200 years as a penal colony we would have learnt how to keep prisoners behind bars ..

The club should also consider a level of membership aimed purely at driving up the numbers. Like a $5 membership that only comes with the sticker or something. Call it the Fluffy Eagle package as its sole purpose is to fluff up our membership numbers...
Honestly if they did that I'd buy a handful each year in fake names.

20+ year members.... nothing can substitute 20 years of love, sweat and tears as a member. No pib, shirt or cap will ever be enough.... but experiences and emotions are the one thing that CAN hit the mark. So I would suggest recognition of 20+ year members at match days... or rewarding some long term members with leading the team onto the field etc - emotions and experiences are worth more than 'things'. What about even a personalised message from Des or a video message shot on an ipohne and sent as a text to a member saying 'thanks john for being a bloody legend and supporting us for 20 years - this is a message just for you, and we will do our best to score a try for you this weekend against x' or something like that?

Winner ... Okay, you got the job ...

Hi @The Wheel ,

I'm a season ticket holder every year, and for me, it's time slots mainly. Last year, I spent $750 on a season ticket, and didn't attend one game (although I did farm out my ticket to friends when I couldn't make it). I did watch every game on television. To be honest, I consider my membership a donation for one of the loves of my life.

The club can't really do anything about that. The product is amazing. The Membership team is absolutely amazing. Gameday experience is amazing. Everything about our club top to bottom is amazing.

"I just enjoy Sunday afternoon games", or a Friday night, but it appears The Broncos are always getting the priority.

I think our membership packages are outstanding. The people behind it all work hard. All very professional. Please pass my thanks and appreciation on if you get the chance.
Agree with this.

Having a Thursday night or even Friday night game at brookie is just mostly a waste of time if you want people to attend. You're expecting people to leave work at 4 or earlier to be able to get back and then to the ground in time for kick off.

I know it’s meant to be about members but if there’s any chance to talk to the in house media bunch, (I’m guessing Cuzzo) and thank them for their players vids but also suggest that they go with the speaking of questions rather than writing it across the small iPhone screen in little writing and also changing the mix of music and voice so that the music doesn’t overpower the player.
Makes me sound old I know but all our dollars are worth the same!

To me sports marketing should be simple, but some like to get too funky.

Lots of great ideas presented here so far.
I like the 20+ year member recognition ideas
Love the members polo

What every club needs is a production line of supporters who then become members hopefully.

I'm a member but only buy the three game flexi, to me it's great value for money as it's $25 a game to sit on the hill.
It ensures I go to at least three games and get the core pack and members benefits too.
I love sitting on the hill and taking my kids, my eldest is also a three game flexi member.

Which brings me to the future members - our kids.
We need something that wants them to go that pushes their parents to go.
I've always thought something like a loyalty card that gets stamped at each game attended goes towards $eaEagles dollars to be used at the merch stand or store.
Say four stamps could get you a hat, six a training shirt, attend every home game of the season could get you a jersey or equivalent as a reward - think about it, to get your kid/s to go to every home game is extremely hard but if they're only a game or two away from a reward then they'll push us to go so they can get their hat or whatever.
I can't see the club taking too much of a hit in the $$ department, seriously how much mark up is there on merchandise?

Look long term.
For every kid that goes is at least one paying parent or member who in turn spend dollars at the gate and inside.
Massive win - increases attendance, incentivises kids' attendance, increase income and brand awareness.

I've got more but that's a start.

While we are at it, can the club please dump Ticketmaster as the provider for memberships.

I find it the most difficult thing to purchase memberships on line. I'm no internet genius by any stretch, but I think I have some clue.

Why do my children need to have separate email addresses to me ? Absolute madness, then you've only got 20 minutes to get 5 separate email addresses sorted before the timer runs out and the whole process starts again.

Anyone else having this issue ?

Make it easy for people to give you money you gooses!!!!!!

And don't just say to ring the club direct, I ended up doing that last year, and all the memberships came in my name, not the wife and kids name respectively.

While we are at it, can the club please dump Ticketmaster as the provider for memberships.

I find it the most difficult thing to purchase memberships on line. I'm no internet genius by any stretch, but I think I have some clue.

Why do my children need to have separate email addresses to me ? Absolute madness, then you've only got 20 minutes to get 5 separate email addresses sorted before the timer runs out and the whole process starts again.

Anyone else having this issue ?

Make it easy for people to give you money you gooses!!!!!!

And don't just say to ring the club direct, I ended up doing that last year, and all the memberships came in my name, not the wife and kids name respectively.

Good point @mave . Keep things simple sounds good . Just like a Des Hasler game plan

The best source of marketing is a winning team that packs the ground and increases merchandise sales

The moral of the story here is .... Every body loves a winner !

Over to you Des .... No pressure feathered friend :)

Des+Hasler+Manly+Sea+Eagles+Grand+Final+Celebrations+wHSqcoisqUMl.jpg

Hi Wheel,

I'm not sure of the legalities around it but i have always thought that it would be cool if each player had their own song that gets played when they score a try. Kind of like a wrestlers entrance music. Each player would pick their own music and the fans would get to know it. Just a bit of a different spin on the game day experience.

Some ideas / comments above. You'll have to click on expand, sorry.

Thanks to the committee crew that do this, I appreciate it.

Have a nice day!

:)
GE - just compiling feedback FYI they had fridge magnets with draw available at the fab day so they exist

Hi Wheel,

I'm not sure of the legalities around it but i have always thought that it would be cool if each player had their own song that gets played when they score a try. Kind of like a wrestlers entrance music. Each player would pick their own music and the fans would get to know it. Just a bit of a different spin on the game day experience.
The club would need to pay royalties for each song played. Not sure if that would be a large amount, but the idea is fun. The ground announcer/DJ would need to be alert to be able to play the correct song in a timely manner after each try.

Hi Wheel,

Like the wild thing in Major League...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6