Melbourne Storm & Salary Cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Can anyone tell me how The Storm are fitting players into their cap?

01. Bill Slater
02. Matt Geyer
03. Matt King
04. Greg Inglis
05. Jake Webster
06. Scott Hill
07. Cooper Cronk

With players like Chris Walker, and now Anthony Quinn (from Newcastle), as well as a heap of other players (can't think of his name, but has been playing fullback and wing - VERY WELL) in reserves !!!

Where is Anthony Quinn going to play????

also let Scott Hill go, probably to upgrade the likes of Cronks contract etc.

Walker would be on stuff all.

Steve Turner is heading to the Titans next season I believe, he is a pretty handy player.

Walker isn't worth anything more than stuff-all.

How much money must Melbourne still be losing. They have no support and without News Limited they would be dead ducks.

Inglis hasn't signed a new deal has he? He's probably still on peanuts from when he first signed up.

Geyer just signed on til 2008. Wouldn't of thought he'd be THAT well paid.

Cronk was a bench player/reserve grader last year behind Orford. He would be in the same boat as Inglis. Playing for peanuts.

King & Slater would be the big dollar backs.

It'll crunch them when Inglis and Cronk come off contract!

im sure they get some dispensation and allowances for being an out of town team so can offer a little above the cap claiming to have to attract players to melb, swans get the same in AFL

Inglis signed again earlier this season for quite a big sum, no idea if that kicks in this season or next season.

King did not test his value on the open market last season so he is probably paid a little less than he is worth.

04. Greg Inglis
05. Jake Webster
07. Cooper Cronk

I guess these players would be on lowish deals. Therefore I don't think they'd be over the cap. Their next contracts will stretch the club though.

which team is it going to be next week Ryan.

these threads are getting as regular as YARTS

Can anyone tell me how The Storm are fitting players into their cap?

01. Bill Slater
02. Matt Geyer
03. Matt King
04. Greg Inglis
05. Jake Webster
06. Scott Hill
07. Cooper Cronk

With players like Chris Walker, and now Anthony Quinn (from Newcastle), as well as a heap of other players (can't think of his name, but has been playing fullback and wing - VERY WELL) in reserves !!!

Where is Anthony Quinn going to play????

The Same way Parra & the Roosters do it with a Very Good accountant ;) ;)

Inglis is on a big contract...

I remember seeing his face in the newspaper after he signed his new deal and the headline was "league's new million dollar man"

im sure they get some dispensation and allowances for being an out of town team so can offer a little above the cap claiming to have to attract players to melb, swans get the same in AFL

Nobody gets this sort of thing in the NRL.

Inglis is on a big contract...

I remember seeing his face in the newspaper after he signed his new deal and the headline was \"league's new million dollar man\"

Signed til the end of 2009 for over a million.

Cronk signed an upgraded contract until 2009 at the start of this year after Bellamy decided he wanted him as their long term halfback from his trial form.

Dallas Johnson signed until the end of 2008 around the same time as Cronk.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4