Melbourne & other teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
I cannot hate Melbourne as much as I'd like to now.

Not with George now playing for them.

I wished he had received a contract with any other team rather than the purple ooze.

I still hate the Dogs and Brisbane so I suppose it's not all bad.:D

I can admire the skills of Cronk, Slater and Smith when they are representing Australia, but not when they are playing Manly. Ditto for anybody wearing that purple garb. I hope George plays well and has a good season, but fails to lift Melbourne into the top 8.

I'm actually glad he went to another strong club. I would have hated him to sign with a weak club and drown with them. Melbourne recognise talent when they see it. George will never have the body of a Greek God, but I don't think Melbourne will care too much (as long as he doesn't balloon out). He is effective playing at his weight and gets the job done. I would love to see George in a Blues jersey. I expect his game to go up a level this year. A change of scenery will do him the world of good.

They are filthy cheating scum who don't play in the spirit of the game. Beaver could go and play for them and I would still despise them with every fibre of my being.

Until the dweeby three and King Scum bellamy are gone nothing will change for me no matter who plays for the vile disgrace they are.

I'm with Ralphie as Melbourne were artificially created to break the ARL, they still get $6 million special payment from the NRL to foster RL in Victoria - yet they ran a two book accounting system FFS :mad:

George could have stayed at Manly if he had applied himself to training, like he seems to be doing in purple colours :mad:

PS Jetstar has $55 each way to MLB (Tull) good tiimes to 9am/2pm on Sat/Sun May 10/11

I'm sick and tired of all the hate. Every player that changes teams lifts their game when they start at a new club. For all their cheating and financial gains, we are still a more dominant club. Why not just indulge in that fact?? What is the point of hating something that is below you anyway? If they were winning Grand Finals on a regular basis and buying up all the talent that comes along, then maybe.

If George trained harder, would everyone else have taken a pay cut and the young talent coming up agreed to come here for less? I guess you mean Josh Starling wouldn't have been needed.

I see your point clearly, but life is too short to carry on hating, and we at Manly are too good to bother. Leave the hate for the lower fan bases. lol

mozgrame said:
I'm sick and tired of all the hate. Every player that changes teams lifts their game when they start at a new club. For all their cheating and financial gains, we are still a more dominant club. Why not just indulge in that fact?? What is the point of hating something that is below you anyway? If they were winning Grand Finals on a regular basis and buying up all the talent that comes along, then maybe.

If George trained harder, would everyone else have taken a pay cut and the young talent coming up agreed to come here for less? I guess you mean Josh Starling wouldn't have been needed.

I see your point clearly, but life is too short to carry on hating, and we at Manly are too good to bother. Leave the hate for the lower fan bases. lol

Don't you hate how Easts won last year's grand final? I do and as a result I now hate Easts. Which I forgot to mention above.

Hatred is part of the tribalism we all love in rugby league. But I see logic in your comments.

Daddycool08 said:
mozgrame said:

Don't you hate how Easts won last year's grand final? I do and as a result I now hate Easts. Which I forgot to mention above.

Hatred is part of the tribalism we all love in rugby league. But I see logic in your comments.
LOL. No. Hate is not a motivator. It is a corrosive force that eats YOU up. It does absolutely nothing to the person or thing you despise. I prefer to use their much helped by the ref win as a tool to motivate our young blokes. Our veterans can't possibly learn or evolve out of that fiasco that was the GF. We couldn't do anything better to win that game. The result was predetermined.

But hey, that's just me today. You guys do what you like. :D

Look, i thought we had all agreed on the pecking order of dislike.

1st: Storm, Souths, Doggies bro, Shayne Hayne
2nd: Broncos
3rd: the rest

Ralphie said:
They are filthy cheating scum who don't play in the spirit of the game. Beaver could go and play for them and I would still despise them with every fibre of my being.

Until the dweeby three and King Scum bellamy are gone nothing will change for me no matter who plays for the vile disgrace they are.

My feelings towards that club are similar but not quite the same as yours Ralphie. With them, as far as I'm concerned, it will be the same as what I feel about the Broncos. I still don't like them but I just don't despise them like I did over the years when they had the likes of Michael Hancock, Allan Langer, Tonie Carroll, Willie Carne, Greg Dowling, Wally Lewis, Wendell Sailor, Julian O'Neill, Kevin & Kerrod Walters, Carl Webb, and Gorden Tallis playing for them. The only two left that I can't stand that are still playing for them are Justin Hodges and Sam 'Third Man' Thaiday.

On a side note, are the referees or more importantly retired referees subject to the salary cap overseen by the salary cap auditor?

Probably not but an interesting thought.

Daddycool08 said:
mozgrame said:

True, Slater & Co don't bother me so much,
it's that Easts hair pulling James Maloney & his cobbers.

these are the facts.
Since 2006
Manly- 4 Grand Finals, 2 premierships ( 1 robbed by cheating Scum , 1 robbed by cheating ref ), 1 prelim final, 3 other finals appearances
Storm - 1 Grand final ,1 premiership ( and even that is tainted by the previous cheating )
1 Prelim final , 1 other final.. All the rest don't count purple scum cheats.

Manly by a country mile has been the team of the last decade.

HappilyManly said:
George could have stayed at Manly if he had applied himself to training, like he seems to be doing in purple colours :mad:

You are right HM. There is a write up about him in today's Telegraph that says that he has "shed eight kilograms and gained a fan in Storm coach Craig Bellamy".

Click here if you would like to read the article.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7