Melbourne Game - EASILY most important of the year:-

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Put it this way for starters. They say the average net profit for a home side per fan is around $8- If Manly snag a home semi final, and there are 25,000 people there, that would be approximately $200,000 into the kitty.

You then would have to look at the takings of The Leagues club after a game like this. Espescially if Manly win.

That's ther monetary gain !!!

Then you look at what this achievement would be !!! We would then have beaten the two so called super powers in 06 twice each in one season. That would HAVE to give ANY team confidence that they could beat anybody, anytime.

Then look at small things like:- If we DON'T get a home semi final, Ben Kennedy will never play at Brookvale oval again, and he wouldn't get his deserved farewell. He'd get one, but it wouldn't be the same as a home crowds thunderous applause as he did a lap of honour.

A home Semi Final in todays game is a very important thing.

You don't want to be a team that is 6-8, because there is a very good chance that you will be bundled out 1st week of finals.

I personally hope Leulaui get a good farewell ALA BK...at home. I think that's something a lot of us missed in the adjulation after The Dogs victory.

I mean, that is just a few reasons why in my opinion, this game is the most important game of the year...no....maybe 8-9 years !!!

Come on boys...bring it home !!! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Put it this way for starters. They say the average net profit for a home side per fan is around $8- If Manly snag a home semi final, and there are 25,000 people there, that would be approximately $200,000 into the kitty.

You then would have to look at the takings of The Leagues club after a game like this. Espescially if Manly win.

Sadly we do not get the cash for the gate receipts, that goes to the NRL.

[quote author=Ryan]

Sadly we do not get the cash for the gate receipts, that goes to the NRL.

[/quote]

Which means they have a conflict of interest. They would far rather a 50,000 crowd at Suncorp or 40,000 at Aussie for the Dragons than they would a measly 20,000 at Brookie.

Not that I'm suggesting anything untoward will happen .............

We dont get gate but we get a bonus for the top 4 dont we?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6