Media stitchup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just rewatched the game. Jeez Braith Anastasia tore us a new arsehole post game.

Basically said what most people already know, that a wins nowhere in sight for us, our outside backs are awful, and we are in for a really tough year.

Serious? we have a rubbish squad that is going nowhere this season and we are worried about what the media are writing.

You missed the point. We know we have a rubbish squad, but to say that the Chooks were under strength because they were missing Cronk and Friend, while ignoring the fact that we couldn't call on the services of 4 of arguably our best 17 players (Turbo, AFB, Walks and Paseka) is a bit rich. If any side was under strength it was us, not them. Yet the way the Fox commentators (other than their female sideline reporter) talked about it, the apparently reserve grade Chooks beat a full strength Manly side.

Of the 34 players on display last night, only Jake and DCE would get a start in that so-called under strength Chooks side. Under strength my arse.

Think about this. They lost a quality player in Blake Ferguson, so who do they get to replace him? Brett Morris AND Ryan Hall, arguably the best Aussie and Pommy wingers of the past decade. We lose Akuila Uate, Brian Kelly and have probably seen the last of Dylan Walker in a Manly jumper, and their replacements are a choice between Moses Suli, Reuben Garrick, Brad Parker, Brendan Elliot and Tevita Funa. If anyone is under strength its Manly, not the Chooks. Its not even close.

That's the beauty of attending the match, even in torrential rain. You can leave as soon, or before, the siren sounds and then amuse yourself kicking cats on the way back to your car.
And here's a big cheer out to all those other 'true fans' on the Hill last night, many who didn't bring an umbrella (unlike me).
If I read a post on here about it being a poor crowd - Bozo, you are on notice - I'll be coming for you. Your big muscles don't worry me. Much.
I came down from Port Stephens with the family (5), sat on the hill, bought 5 $5 ponchos that worked well. Was difficult to get my can of 4 pines to the lips thou!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4