Mea Culpa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I was pondering a hypothetica question. With Benji Marshall long term injured (again) what would I think if the Tigers took Monaghan off our hands immediately to plug the gap - aka he goes there now rather than last year.

How would that affect a year that seems to be building up nicely for us?

I had to come to the conclusion we would be weakened by such a scenario.

If the club let him go I would be very surprised. They would have paid him a fair chuck of his $240k already and he is a important member of our team. Mad to let him go now.

Having him on the books for the rest of this year should not effect us retaining Burns, I am sure Burns would stay if he knew Monas was elsewhere next year.

We would definatley be weakened by it. My only problem with Monaghan is his two efforts at disrupting the club by demanding a contract and then wanting out half way through.

Other than that he has had a great season and is right in form. 'On the field' we would be weakened.

I doubt he will be let go this season - this is a hypothetical situation.

But an interesting way to approach his worth to us.

(And as close as you'll get me to saying "I've reconsidered".)

I was pondering a hypothetica question. With Benji Marshall long term injured (again) what would I think if the Tigers took Monaghan off our hands immediately to plug the gap - aka he goes there now rather than last year.

How would that affect a year that seems to be building up nicely for us?

I had to come to the conclusion we would be weakened by such a scenario. I am really warming to Monaghan and hope that he stays at the club. I love him, I want to bear his children.

I knew you would come around Mata. :lol:

Given the scenario that we are a geniune chance to win the comp this year a simple yes or no answer.

Are we are better chance of winning the trophy with MM in the 17 man starting squad? (no comment on which position he plays)

we gain real no financial benefit by letting him go unless we can sign someone with the money we save.

other than that te more p[layers we have in our squad the better for depth. Why do the tigers a favour!

Mea culpa is a Latin phrase that translates into English as "my fault", or "my own fault".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4