Mayer to Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting to note in this squabble that the paid staff - administrative and coaching etc all support Mayer in this squabble and yet the volunteer Football Club members seem to be anti him, along with the Leagues club board rep and of course our man Max.

It would seem as if the Football club resent the fact that the CEO runs the club his way, without bowing and scraping to them.

I suppose they will look to appoint one of their own or some sort of 'Yes Man.'

Tragedy for Manly either way.

I just phoned both the Leagues & Football Clubs.

First i talked to a lady at the Leagues club which i wont mention her name i said there's a lot of Sea Eagles supporters who are not happy about the fact that Grant Mayer could end up leaving the Club at some point soon ? she said there's people through out the Leagues Club that are not happy about it also she said see if you can get a petition started in supporter of Mayer.

I was talking to a woman at the Football Club also and i told her the same thing as i did to the lady at Leagues Club and that supporters are not happy etc...

I went on to ask her was Grant Mayer there and if so would i be able to talk to him please she asked me whats my name and who am i told her I'm a Sea Eagle supporter and have been for a long time she said he has gone to a meeting so i asked her could she leave him a message ask Grant Mayer to phone me if he can she said would so i gave her my phone number i ended the call and said thank you for your time.

Grant Mayer quits as Manly Sea Eagles chief executive.
By Dean Ritchie

June 17, 2009 03:00pm

Grant Mayer has quit as Manly Sea Eagles chief executive.

Months of bitter boardroom in-fighting finally took its toll with Mayer announcing today that he will officially leave Brookvale in mid-July.

Blog: Phil Rothfield rates the NRL's CEOs

Mayer's decision will be ratified at a Manly board meeting tonight.

Asked would he join Parramatta, Mayer said: "Speculation that I will re-appear at another club is off target - I have no intentions of joining another club at this stage."

There has been no decision of Mayer's successor

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25649894-5001021,00.html

Well that is ****ing ridiculous. If Benny Elias is voted in I will be one unhappy person.

My current plan to assist with membership and membership drive will be put on the back burner.

I was having an email conversation with Mayer yesterday and will send him a link to this thread today and the well wishes from any who want him to hear them.

Dan

Note that the time of the article is 3-00pm.

Eagle Predator (EP) phoned the club sometime prior to 3-00pm.

EP then posts at 3-04pm.

Max & DSM might be innocent.

I will let you all draw your own conspiracy conclusions.

as i said i hope we all enjoyed grand final day and being premiers
because i think we are in for a long wait.

Theres some very serious questions that will be asked later in the year.

swoop link said:
Grant Mayer quits as Manly Sea Eagles chief executive.
By Dean Ritchie

June 17, 2009 03:00pm

Grant Mayer has quit as Manly Sea Eagles chief executive.

Months of bitter boardroom in-fighting finally took its toll with Mayer announcing today that he will officially leave Brookvale in mid-July.

Blog: Phil Rothfield rates the NRL's CEOs

Mayer's decision will be ratified at a Manly board meeting tonight.

Asked would he join Parramatta, Mayer said: \"Speculation that I will re-appear at another club is off target - I have no intentions of joining another club at this stage.\"

There has been no decision of Mayer's successor

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25649894-5001021,00.html

good on you Max, you got your wish

I hope all those who didn't want Mayer at the Club are all ****ing proud of themselves.

GET ****ED YOUR ****S YOUS HAVE NO ****ING IDEA AT WHAT YOUS ARE DOING TO OUR GREAT CLUB.

Jatz Crackers link said:
Note that the time of the article is 3-00pm.

Eagle Predator (EP) phoned the club sometime prior to 3-00pm.

EP then posts at 3-04pm.

Max & DSM might be innocent.

I will let you all draw your own conspiracy conclusions.

What ?

Any replacement CEO needs 75% approval from the Board.  5 of the 7 directors equals 72%. So Max and Penn need to agree on any appointment.

I have shot off an email to Grant expressing my views on his leaving and some of those here

This is a real shame for the club, na dis something that has been building now for many months.  grant mayer showed that he was a very capable CEO.

having said that, this is not the end of the world.  Grant mayer looked liked a good CEO simply because there are so many BAD cEO's out there.  Football is a business these days - and should be run by a business man.  I am very keen to see another CEO appointed with business nouse - someone who has no affiliation with the club, or with football in general.

We need a peace keeper - someone constructive, dynamic, and progressive. 

As a support group, we have a massive influence on how this change actually affects our club.  if we act like it is the end of the world, then it WILL be the end of the world.  Over-reaction, infighting, finger-pointing etc will not help to mvoe our club forward.  The people who built the pressure in this situation are obviously powerful, and are still a part of our club.  We must learn to look past this, and move forward - for the sake of our club.  If we cannot do this as supporters, the board and football club members will not be able to either.

It was a sad day when Matt Ridge left the club, a sad day when toovey, menzies, lyons etc retired.  It was a sad day when Craig Field JOINED our club.  But the show goes on - it always does.

How we REACT to this news is what dictates how strong we are as a club......

Best of luck Grant - the door is always open should you wish to return.

It is a sad day for the club and absolutely amazing that it can disintergrate into such a disjointed rabble only a few months after winning the competition. 

I will be waiting the announcement of the new CEO before I renew my membership/3 season tickets for next year.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
we should find a email address of delmege and vent to him

[email protected]

I found it amazing at the bottom of his own website he claims:-
1. Major Sponsor of The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles since 2002
2. Majority Shareholders

Ok on point 2, but I thought Quantum was our major sponsor???

Harmless27 link said:
I am very keen to see another CEO appointed with business nouse - someone who has no affiliation with the club, or with football in general.
I would normally agree that this is a good course of action, but I don't this time. I believe we need someone with extensive experience in obtaining sponsorship AND running a large sporting enterprise and also prefer one who understands the passion and requirements of supporters.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6