Max Delmege on fb

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
....."Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?...."

I ordered a drink today, and told the bartender "Make sure you gimme some of that fresh ice.....none of that frozen stuff!!!!!

You can mourn the leagues club depending why you want a leagues club.

If it is because historically leagues clubs raised money for their area's league team by collecting vast sums lost by punters gambling on the pokies, then that clearly doesn't cut it anymore, at least not in our area. The punters here aren't losing enough to keep the LC afloat (but that can be seen as a positive!)

If it is just so you can have a drink and a meal surrounded by Manly memorabilia then that shouldn't be too hard to replace at another venue.

The loss of a sizeable venue within an easy walk of Brookie will be the major problem. The Brookvale Hotel will become impossible before and after games. This probably won't assist with lobbying for funds to upgrade Brookie but I still think Brookie will survive, but it just won't be used for any 'blockbuster' matches against other big Sydney teams.

mickqld said:
So a leagues club that is essentially broke. A home ground that is delapidated and not up to NRL standard. A premiership team which will be torn apart by retirements in another 3 or 4 years. Where do we go from there. SFS, Perth, Adelaide, Sunny Coast ????

Expect an email from vidmar for volunteers for the First Grade spots in 2017 :p

The Manly Spirit will live on, inspite of the dark forces that surround it :angel:

Regardless its a sad day, we have all had many happy memories at the old Leaguies........yes I agree the Brooky Hotel will probably need to add another story!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4