Matty Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I tend to agree with conanu. I too wouldn't be surprised to see Matty in our #9 jumper next year, initially at the very least, while Korisau plays 5/8. Playing Killer at pivot is an option, but why play the best centre in the game out of position?

The workrate of Ballin and Buhrer will be needed next year to plug holes under reduced interchange and keep the middle and middle edges tight while taking a load off the forwards defensively.

Ballins toughness shows leadership qualities you can't buy, if Ballin is not playing at least 50mins per game next year or not part of the squad watch the middle open up like crazy exactly like the end of last year until others step up.

I tend to agree with conanu. I too wouldn't be surprised to see Matty in our #9 jumper next year, initially at the very least, while Korisau plays 5/8. Playing Killer at pivot is an option, but why play the best centre in the game out of position?
Because Killer is also our best option at 5/8 as well as giving Tom Turbo and Gutherson an opportunity play amongst Snake Taufua Matai and Hiku . Any one of those backline players would be wasted in NSW cup .

A dog turd would be better than warren Ryan

Warren Ryan walked into the commentary box with a dog turd under his shoe. The rest of the team looked and asked, "why have you got sh*t' on you"?

"It wasn't my fault! He stepped on me!"', said the turd.

Give him a pre season with Barrett watching over him and then see what happens. Considering Barrett has probably never even spoken to him I think after he see's a pre- season and how much influence and professionalism Matt has at the club I think you will find they have a spot for him.

Neither hooker (Korisau/Hodges) is good enough yet to play a full season of FG. Because of Matts size he can easly start at hooker and then play some back row. A trait not many other hookers have.

Dead set, if they get rid of him after re-signing him I will never buy another membership.

I heard the Titans want Nathan Friend back.( Falouns out)...apparently they still rue the day they booted him. Very similar players and both are very respected by team members. Let's not make the same mistake as the Titans.

I can understand why Matt has been tapped on the shoulder. The better teams all have hookers that offer more in attack.

Matty Ballin probably has been a victim of our success compared to the hookers of todays game with the hookers of today being required to be quick out of dummy half
Our success with Ballin at dummy half was to feed to likes of DCE, Foran and Gifty with Matty sureing up defence in the middle with his 50 tackles a game
I hope its all BS that he is getting tapped on the shoulder without Matty there teams will get more metre's up the middle if he is not there

Matty Ballin probably has been a victim of our success compared to the hookers of todays game with the hookers of today being required to be quick out of dummy half
Our success with Ballin at dummy half was to feed to likes of DCE, Foran and Gifty with Matty sureing up defence in the middle with his 50 tackles a game
I hope its all BS that he is getting tapped on the shoulder without Matty there teams will get more metre's up the middle if he is not there

I agree that he does sure up the middle, but I also think the time has come for more potency in attack...it really comes down to getting the balance right. The question will be "do we suffer too much in defence in order to strengthen the attack?"
I wouldn't feel good if Ballin was cut from the club, but I am also not against the idea of him spending lengthy time on the bench if Koroisau can handle the work load in defence. He was very good defensively in the GF last year, so my guess is he probably can, but you just never know. Therefore it would be madness to gamble by cutting Ballin completely.
The days of feeding two million dollar halves ball are over as of next year, and someone besides DCE will need to provide an attacking spark to keep the opposition guessing and take some heat of the million dollar man...I don't know if Ballin is capable of that.

Give him a pre season with Barrett watching over him and then see what happens. Considering Barrett has probably never even spoken to him I think after he see's a pre- season and how much influence and professionalism Matt has at the club I think you will find they have a spot for him.

Neither hooker (Korisau/Hodges) is good enough yet to play a full season of FG. Because of Matts size he can easly start at hooker and then play some back row. A trait not many other hookers have.

Dead set, if they get rid of him after re-signing him I will never buy another membership.
So if Bozo decides to cut Ballin you won't buy another membership, is that right?

Not opposed to some time on the bench for him. I think he should start but a spell on the bench during the game is ok. Will add a bit of something different.

Can Ballin' s body take another 2 years of pounding .?
For many years just like Choc he put his body on the line for us . Both real worriors for the mighty Sea eagles . I am worried for Ballin that just like Choc his body will not be up to it to perform at peak for the next 2 years

Ballin's career may be in it's twilight. He may not have the same impact he once had.

But let me assure everyone of one thing. I'll never put crap on a player with the character and loyalty of Matt. He has busted his arse for this club for longer than I can remember.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Worrying sign tonite when he got tackled from behind and lost the ball. it looked like he was jogging on the spot. It's not the first time we have seen something similar from him in the last month.

He is still a champion and has another year in him.

It might just be Hodges being out there means we are noticing how slow and how little attack he provides around the ruck.

He certainly doesn't have 2 years left in him playing 80 minutes a game. Give the young blokes a run and let the bloke have a rest.

I knew he was going to lose that ball two or three seconds before it happened...that's a concern.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8