Matthew Wright to Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Actually reminds me a bit of robbo. I think we will get robbo style value from him too. Don't know why I just have that feeling about him and his running and high ball game looks just as solid. I'm looking forward to the new blood out wide

Jesus, I hope you're right… er, Wright. I still miss Robbo, probably my favourite winger of all time.
Wright was very solid for the Cows at wing and centre before he was forced to sit down for having the misfortune of being a former Cronulla player. Never got his spot back after that.

Jesus, I hope you're right… er, Wright. I still miss Robbo, probably my favourite winger of all time.
Wright was very solid for the Cows at wing and centre before he was forced to sit down for having the misfortune of being a former Cronulla player. Never got his spot back after that.
I hope he can bring that Robbo style of consistency to a wing if he gets to play. Jorge can run strong but is a bit of a liability in defence. Having two tall wingers would be great. It would also mean that both wing spots are covered by capable fullbacks meaning we should be able to handle the other teams last tackle kicking options which is an area Jorge really struggles with (and Snake even is letting too many balls bounce).

Actually reminds me a bit of robbo. I think we will get robbo style value from him too. Don't know why I just have that feeling about him and his running and high ball game looks just as solid. I'm looking forward to the new blood out wide
This is exactly what I have been thinking. I would say that this is what they want from him, a solid, mistake free guy who is good under the high ball and a strong finisher. He also has size so he won't be easy to barge over on the defensive line.

This is exactly what I have been thinking. I would say that this is what they want from him, a solid, mistake free guy who is good under the high ball and a strong finisher. He also has size so he won't be easy to barge over on the defensive line.

Agree 100% a really good signing. Solid performer

I doubt he will take Williames spot on Monday but he should come in to reckoning againsthis old club the following week

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
Nah, he did go to St Pats.

The way it works out there, any kid who looks halfway talented goes to one of two high schools - St Pats if Parramatta have their eye on you, Terra Sancta if Penrith do. Jamie played for Doonside prior to that, which would've made him a Penrith junior, not Parramatta, originally.
Doonside Roos? Or school? Parramatta Marist as well

Good Buy rather see him take Williame Spot on Monday, until Taufua is back even then might keep taufua out as he can jump for the ball

If I was coach I would have him in there on Monday without any doubt. Williame is worth two to three tries to the Knights

Could possibly be a very shrewd signing. Brings versatility and cover as a utility back, but could also force his way into a first grade spot. With Jorge out he will probably get a look in at some time, especially if we have anymore outside back injuries.

As others have mentioned in this thread and from what I have seen of him, he seems a solid, reliable player. Nothing spectacular in regards speed, but tidy under the high ball, solid finisher when on the wing and seems to have a decent footy IQ. Has good height and size also. Played well in most games I saw him play for the Sharks and Cowboys and brings nearly 100 games of experience with him while only being 25 years old.

For Manly to sign him to a 3 year deal shows they see him as a future piece and more than just a gap plugger for this season. Whether thats as a "Mr Fix it" back up or something more permanent is another story and up to him. How he performs, as well as injuries and our squad make up will decide this I guess. He also must have come at reasonably economical price so he shouldn't have broke the bank.

Lets hope he does well and makes the most of his opportunites here. Look forward to seeing him in the maroon and white. Welcome Mr Wright!!!

Could possibly be a very shrewd signing. Brings versatility and cover as a utility back, but could also force his way into a first grade spot. With Jorge out he will probably get a look in at some time, especially if we have anymore outside back injuries.

As others have mentioned in this thread and from what I have seen of him, he seems a solid, reliable player. Nothing spectacular in regards speed, but tidy under the high ball, solid finisher when on the wing and seems to have a decent footy IQ. Has good height and size also. Played well in most games I saw him play for the Sharks and Cowboys and brings nearly 100 games of experience with him while only being 25 years old.

For Manly to sign him to a 3 year deal shows they see him as a future piece and more than just a gap plugger for this season. Whether thats as a "Mr Fix it" back up or something more permanent is another story and up to him. How he performs, as well as injuries and our squad make up will decide this I guess. He also must have come at reasonably economical price so he shouldn't have broke the bank.

Lets hope he does well and makes the most of his opportunites here. Look forward to seeing him in the maroon and white. Welcome Mr Wright!!!

... and he has been training with the cowgirls so he might have a few tips for zoolander

We are saving on sirnames. Johnny and Dylan Walker. Matt and Tom Wright. Lewis reckons we need another Brown to complement our recent purchases as another Koroisàu might take some searching.
Maybe we could get Johnny Walker, Brown Brothers and the Wright Brothers onboard as sponsors?

Doonside Roos? Or school? Parramatta Marist as well

Junior club footy for the Roos. Penrith & Parra have other schools they 'feed' kids into as well, St Pats and Terra Sancta were just the two around the Blacktown area - it was always a funny split as club-wise, it's Penrith's catchment, but right on the border so Parramatta & Penrith compete for the talented kids once they get to high school age.

(My brothers all played in Penrith's JRL, and numerous kids we grew up with were channeled into one of those two schools. Pretty sure only one ever made the NRL!)

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4