Matt Prior Elbowing Thurston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How Many Weeks should Prior get ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when a player gets sent off, there was a different procedure I thought.

Something along the lines of they go straight to the judiciary without an option for an early guilty plea, or that grading didn't apply, or that the MRC didn't have the option not to charge them.

I could have sworn it was that a grading does not apply if the player is sent off (i.e the MRC can suspend for as long as they want).

My memory is hazy on it, but there was a difference.

Anyway it was a nasty deliberate high shot. Someone made comment to that it looked like Prior was trying to lift the headgear with his other hand. Hard to tell from the angles supplied, but if he did, that's even worse.

Given TRex got 12 weeks (imho harsh for such a tackle), you'd a assume that Prior would get 15 as it was far more dangerous in my mind.

Prediction though is he'll get 8-9 weeks.

Do players still get paid during a suspension period? If so it's hardly a punishment really.

I kinda think a "suspension" clause should be inserted into a player's contract. I mean it's not fair on any club to be paying (random number) $10,000 per game for a player benched through his own stupidity.

Of course this opens up a fairly massive can of worms.... But a LOT of money can be tied up on player's who aren't contributing to the club...

He will get 6 weeks with and early plea it will be 4 unless he goes straight before the panel

As many have said 6 weeks.
Something will be in his favor the fact he got sent off lessens it a bit.

Rangi Chase done something similar in a challenge cup tie and got 3 weeks and £300 fine

My prediction is 5-6 weeks,

I dont think he doesn't have loading, so there is extra penalty.

JT is one of the NRLs precious children - Bonus extra week suspension.

MrInvisible said:
Given TRex got 12 weeks (imho harsh for such a tackle), you'd a assume that Prior would get 15 as it was far more dangerous in my mind.

T Rex got 7 weeks.

I chose 8+ weeks. To me, it seemed a cheap, intentional forearm to the head. Like Dan said, Thurston was lucky that he was wearing headgear as he could possibly have been a lot worse off without it.

Jethro said:
I chose 8+ weeks. To me, it seemed a cheap, intentional forearm to the head. Like Dan said, Thurston was lucky that he was wearing headgear as he could possibly have been a lot worse off without it.

Had Thurston been seriously hurt Prior would have got the season . . . with NSW management giving Prior secret payments for a job well done!

Prior's main problem is that JT did not have the ball.
So 'Intentional attack of a Player not in possession' should get 8+ weeks.

But JT got zero for kicking Wolfy in the face in a SOO and got zero weeks :mad:

Crocker/Slater got zero weeks for blatantly attacking Bretty in the 2007 GF :mad:

T-Rex only got 5 weeks - the loading for Yow Yeah fainting and for some mysterious reason, his careless tackle on a Brit in an Internation game, is what got him the 40% of +2 weeks .

How will Kant rave on about Prior in relation to Matai all week ?:dodgy:

Wonder if Prior has a man crush on Chez and just wanted to see him play for Qld this year :p

Had some time off recently and watched the 1978 GF, that tackle probably wouldn't even have been mentioned if it happened in that game. Kneen and Harvey in particular seemed to use elbows more often than not. Hard to believe the players kept getting up.

The TRex thing internationals shouldn't have added loading on to his suspension, different rules.
Manly should have yes he'll take the initial suspension but you can't hit him with loading due to it being in a international

I don't think he will get graded I think it will be referred straight to the judicary.
What ever points he gets will be deducted by 100 because he was sent off.

As well as all the good points above,we (NRL community in general)have to sit back and ask how many parents see a hit like that in NRL,and steer their kids towards soccer/basketball/baseball/any almost non-contact sport? If you lose 1 kid,and he likes soccer,he will get others interested.My mate and I were on the phone talking about the game as it happened,and we both said he's got to go,or the 3 refs are jokes.Shocking look for the game.8+ AT LEAST

Nothing in it. Happens in footy. Also, Prior is a great player, and should play origin.

I also thought T-Rex's penalty was an absolute joke.

Pretty ordinary, about the level of TRex's. He should be forced to play for Parra for 2 months as punishment.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2