Matt Prior Elbowing Thurston

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How Many Weeks should Prior get ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If t-Rex got 7 weeks ..... You must think this will get at least that. But Also take into account it goes to the match review committee. So maybe it will be 2 weeks
Not referring to manly bias. But the inconsistency

Dan79 said:
If t-Rex got 7 weeks ..... You must think this will get at least that. But Also take into account it goes to the match review committee. So maybe it will be 2 weeks
Was thinking exactly the same thing. Prior went in with intent, T-Rex did'nt. It reminded me of Les Boyds hit on Brohman in the 83 SOO. Boyd got 12 months. It's got to be worth more than 7 weeks. Prior is just lucky Thurston is'nt nursing a broken jaw.

Moondog said:
Dan79 said:
Was thinking exactly the same thing. Prior went in with intent, T-Rex did'nt. It reminded me of Les Boyds hit on Brohman in the 83 SOO. Boyd got 12 months. It's got to be worth more than 7 weeks. Prior is just lucky Thurston is'nt nursing a broken jaw.

Here s the Boyd v Brohman one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53QyIl1N1G8

I actually thought it was a very awkward attempt at a shoulder that went wrong. Nothing like the other clip - which was deliberate.

I think they were both deliberate. You can see Prior watching Thurstons head as he raises his elbow. The main difference with the Boyd hit is that Brohman was moving at speed.

If Trex was worth 7 weeks, then Prior is worth 10. Anything less and the judiciary will be a laughing stock.

Prior seemed to be pissed off after he stood on the sideline from the kickoff. Did you see him raise his arm up straight after that? Not sure who he connected with but Tamou became involved.
Not long after Jonathon Thurston head-butted his elbow.
4-6 weeks.

It has to be more than what t-rex got. If Rex gets 7 because it could have injured his opponent then Prior has to get at least that. Thurston didn't play for the rest of the game whereas in the t-rex incident no-one was hurt if I remember correctly.

6 weeks minimum, deliberately attacking a guys head with an elbow and forearm like that is low and dangerous. It could actually kill someone. Had Thurston not been wearing head gear the hit would have been worse

Don't know how the grading system works but it has to be a very high grade. I think he has a clean record and might to argue clumsy not deliberate but I think must miss at least 6-8, surely? The fact thurston's head was a bit side-on probably brought the headgear into play, otherwise yes, the injury might have been Brohmanesque.

In Prior's defense, it WAS Thurston he hit.... And any judiciary incidents involving thurston are automatically -2 weeks...

Clint said:
Prior seemed to be pissed off after he stood on the sideline from the kickoff. Did you see him raise his arm up straight after that? Not sure who he connected with but Tamou became involved.
Not long after Jonathon Thurston head-butted his elbow.
4-6 weeks.

I reckon the judiciary are like you have described prior. After getting knocked down a few times last year with challenges and down gradings they have hit the books in the off season, brushing up on technicalities, legal terms and precedents hoping to be a bill harrigan and become a central figure heads in the NRL

They wack a few outrageous charges like T rex, and get the suit dry cleaned hoping to get some overtime payments and some catering in phillip st, and everyone settles and accepts. The are champing at the bit to turn jury duty into a 3 week stay at the holiday inn. Someones gonna pay big time soon

Will it be prior. I suppose it depends on how the media rate the hit in the next couple of days. Paul kent should do a write up if he can spare the time, what with his life's work to bag manly fans, he is a busy guy and manly fans are everywhere. Its a full time gig

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Points for intentional high tackle 950 pts +/- any priors

http://t.co/sHezRCh9
BE I'd be surprised if they didn't contest the 'intentional' aspect, if that was the charge.
Does the link show the only charges available?
Maybe Dangerous Conduct instead? Max is 700. Less discount for early plea… might miss about 5 weeks?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4