Matt Orford-NRL return

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
quinny said:
MK Eagle said:
quinny said:
Why do you guys think about this?
Matt playing a back up, utility role for Manly this year. He lives in the area, and wants to play in the NRL.
It's something the club should entertain maybe. Gotta say, his name has been bashed around quite a bit, but the little bugger is all heart.

Please be nice when responding, he does after all have a strong place in our club history.
Love the role he played in 2008 - especially a brilliant finals series.
Prefer to leave it there & move foward - if DCE or Foz need backup the kid for the job is Riccardi who has a massive future.
Ox has created great memories at Manly - now its time for the current crop of youngsters to take the team foward.

I was actually thinking a back up to Ballin-definately not in the halves. Dummy half role-sorry, should have clarified.
Much like Toovey in his latter days.

yeah 10 mins each half if he is up to it , just no goalkicking & he is 3rd string kicker(in play ) if that!!!!

**** that. Im glad he helped us win in 08 but He was really only good for manly for 2 years at the most, 07' 08'. If it was Beaver then maybe but Orford??? Please...

Even having him on the coaching staff? How do DCE or Foran learn anything off a bloke that struggles to kick 40m. Theyre both better kickers passers and defenders than he was. Sad but it's true.

He is a little champ and i feel sorry for him that his career seems to have fizzled out, but i don't see that he could offer much as a player or player coach. Leave him in the long yard.

Terrible for him to have a long career end on such a negative note - and I do feel for him, however I believe taking him back would be a backward step.

Geez his goal kicking was terrible :(

Oh yeah goal kicking...Horrible. In saying that he was still always NSW best halfback after Joey retired(goes to show how thin NSW are in the #7). Why he never played origin i'll never know. Thank **** for DCE the only others i'd be happy to see at Manly are JT Sandow Cronk and Maloney and i doubt we could have purchased any of them without massive cap issues.

Manly To Win! said:
The only club that would take him is Souths, I think everyone else is set.

Lol I think NQL will need him....because hopefully Gallop grows a set and boots mr australia says no once he is found guilty (god willing)

Thats a scary prospect......JT,Bowen and Ox if he is fit enough,i hope this doesn't come to fruition......best long kicking plus best short kicking added with a livewire like Bowen.....i know alot of merkins around here dislike Ox because it makes them cool or whatever but I couldn't think of anything more frightening than the girls with those 3....plus their hooker........they would almost be specials to make the top 2

Sorry " the eagle" - but i don't understand the following - because hopefully Gallop grows a set and boots mr australia says no once he is found guilty (god willing) - who is mr australia and guilty of what ??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6