Matt Orford, David Williams and Michael Robertson Just About Resigned - Seven Ne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I doubt MWSE have signed him up for 3 years, this is just a rumor atm to get us talking. Im sure the truth is were looking to resign all 3 players of them but for how long is unconfirmed untill it has been announced unless publicised before hand by those involved.

Orford should be signed for 1 year deal plus a 1 year option in our favour incase the younger ones do not kick on in the NRL.  If it is a straight 3 year deal I am a little confused. 

Stop living in the past people.. Orford has done nothing this year.. (even though some think he did something last year...)

He is past it... i wouldnt even re sign him let alone 3 bloodyy years!

Thats madness.. as some have mentioned.. how bad will he be in a few years!

KaZa link said:
Stop living in the past people.. Orford has done nothing this year.. (even though some think he did something last year...)

He is past it... i wouldnt even re sign him let alone 3 bloodyy years!

Thats madness.. as some have mentioned.. how bad will he be in a few years!

Applause....but wait a while you will get howled down by Kiwi etc who tell you because we won last year, we will win forever more with this team.

anyway applause from me

Just to bring a bit of reason to the table; no one has stated that Ox has been signed to a three year deal. The only person who said anything like that was Ox.

I'd say that any deal of two years or over signed with Ox will include some kind of clause(s) to allow him to drop back for a bit & have Hodkinson take over gradually. Hodkinson got a bit of experience over in the WCC & has been killing it in QLD cup so I can't see it being too much longer before he gets a run in FG.

Why don't I get an applause Dan?  I have to cop the crap from Cliffy.  I figure I'm owed one, at least.  

DSM5 link said:
Why don't I get an applause Dan?  I have to cop the crap from Cliffy.  I figure I'm owed one, at least. 

You are already hardened, and copped the crap long before me. Welcoming someone new to the fold is a different thing :)

The only problem with the Orford debates that grind my gears is thus.

The haters say he had nothing to do with winning the comp last year, but is the major reason we're struggling this year. I don't get it. Can't have it both ways mofos. If he had nothing to do with winning last year, how can he blamed for the sides poor form this year? Doesn't make sense.

Anyway, 3 years is pretty ridiculous. I'm happy with 1, 2 max.

Three year is just crazy unless Des knows something we don’t, like the NRL are looking to legalise electric wheel chairs for players over 30 – with Orford’s small size maybe he believes he’ll get a better power to weight ratio and longer battery life.... other than that I see no reason why he’d sign him for 3 years.

Volley you make a fair point.  However I don't think the 'haters' suggest he had nothing to do with us winning last year, it's just he wasn't the sole reason we won.  The 'lovers' suggest that, and it seems that's the sole reason they suggest for keeping him.  On his performances this year,  he has been very ordinary at best.  I think he would be best served by taking an option in the ESL and us looking at getting a working relationship happening between Foran and Hodgkinson.  I just can't see any rationale for offering him more time.  I'm at most games and I just can't see what Hasler sees in him.      

Cliffy Gc link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=181572.msg239618#msg239618 date=1251974629]
Three years, ridiculous.  He's been hopeless this year, so what form will he bring for the next three years?  There goes our U20s half, and any other who maybe thinking of getting a run.  Just what do these morons see in this dwarf.  Obviously they don't go to any games. 
get F**ked u F**ken dog
im over u bagging the man who brought us a premiership 40 nil
why dont u just F**k off and support norths
u cock smoking F**k

or better still why dont u suck wayne bennett u moron

[/quote]
this is why alcohol and the net just dont mix
Dsm5 mate sorry for going over the top in the above post.
I havent read yet to see if you responded in retorts i will cop gladdly on the chin

cheers

Volley link said:

The haters say he had nothing to do with winning the comp last year, but is the major reason we're struggling this year. I don't get it. Can't have it both ways mofos. If he had nothing to do with winning last year, how can he blamed for the sides poor form this year? Doesn't make sense.

The "haters", as you put it, aren't claiming that he had nothing to do with our win last year, obviously he made a contribution. They (we) are just trying to balance out the lovers who would have us believe that he engineered our amazing finals run and 40-0 GF victory all on his own. If he was so good last year why isn't he reproducing his mythical powers this year to dig us out of the hole. How long does he get to dine out on his GF win and Dally M medal ? another 3 years ?

He is by no means the sole reason for our poor form this year, the team as a whole are way below par. However for someone who should have a more than significant impact on the outcome of games, he hasn't really been producing anything special imo. We need to look to the future and I can't see Orford as halfback in 3 years time as a step forward. Anyway let's see how the finals pan out and then sort through the entrails of our season.

C&C, that last sentence sounds like it came right out of a Wilbur Smith book.

Im not a lover or hater of Ox. I am a pragmatist and believe that its fine if he re-signs for the next 1 year and maximum 2 years (prefer not) with the express caveat of a significant drop in salary during that time.

Whats significant ? $100k in the 1st year. Maybe $200k in the second.

IMO, 3rd year is out of the question as his drop in worth would be such that it really would be insulting to both parties to even entertain.

If all of that is too difficult to negotiate then we should look at starting the rebuild cycle with younger guys and secure Foran in the process on a longish term deal.

i think 3 years is a tad long
but whose to say he will stay for 3 years
he might play one or two and decided to go to england for big money in the back end of the contract.

a half is only good as his pack

at the moment our pack isnt what it was 12 months ago.

I think it's quite laughable reading all the barbs that are being thrown around here . It's all nothing more than rumor and gossip at this stage.

Volley link said:

You are crazy, stop talking sense!!!

Ox wins the prize for stretching his re-signing to the longest negotiations in the history of the club. I predict a slight twist coming up:

Our garden gnome (our garden gnome)
Is richer than you (is richer than you)
Our garden gnome is richer than you
He takes up half of our salary cap
Our garden gnome is richer than you
Manly clap clap clap .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8