Matt Lodge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Rumored that he could end up with us following his release from the Warriors today. The guy is an absolute meathead but might be just what we need, our pack is struggling for both aggression and depth at the moment

BENNETT SHUTS DOOR ON LODGE

Wayne Bennett’s Dolphins have ruled out a lifeline for Lodge following his shock decision to quit the Warriors.

Lodge has been consistently linked to the Dolphins, partly because the Warriors are temporarily based in Redcliffe, the home turf of the NRL’s 17th team as they prepare for their entry to the premiership next season.

Lodge has strong ties to the expansion newcomers. Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett resurrected his NRL career at the Broncos in 2018 after an off-field scandal, while the new franchise’s recruitment boss, Peter O’Sullivan, is Lodge’s father-in-law.

O’Sullivan, formerly the Warriors recruitment chief, helped lure Lodge to the Kiwi club from Brisbane last year, but it is understood the Dolphins cannot afford the 26-year-old under their salary cap for 2023.

The Penrith junior is keen to return to family in NSW after recently purchasing a home on Sydney’s northern beaches, fuelling speculation Lodge could end up at Manly.

The one certainty is he will not reunite with Bennett at the Dolphins, who have assembled an experienced pack headlined by premiership-winning Storm trio Jesse and Kenny Bromwich and Felise Kaufusi.

The Warriors are due to return to New Zealand for their round 16 clash against Wests Tigers and Lodge confirmed he had no interest in a move across the Tasman.

Lodge has played 91 NRL games since his debut for the Wests Tigers in 2014 and has been in good form this season for the Warriors.

On Wednesday, Warriors football boss Craig Hodges said he was hopeful of keeping Lodge, who had recently knocked back an extension offer from the club.

“Things can change pretty quickly,” Hodges said before Lodge’s departure.

“Sometimes Lodgey is keen on New Zealand and sometimes he wants to get back closer to home in Sydney.

“We want to keep Matt. We haven’t put a formal deal to him yet.

“There’s no point putting deals to guys if they don’t want to move to New Zealand.”

With the meekness that our forwards have been showing, actually would be stoked to see him rip n tear in the manly jersey for a little bit. Who knows, maybe some of our other forwards may learn a little aggro

Lodge is exactly what we need. Reminds me Josh Perry in build and toughness.
We won a title with Josh. We also need a tough guy in the backline. Use to have Lyon
and Matai. I like Zac Lomax. Or Herbie. Depends on our bank account.

In the movie Talladega Nights,the bar that Ricky and Cal drink at,have a jukebox that contains the jazz song “Segment” by the Ben Perowsky Trio.Jean Giraud asks why the song is in the jukebox and the bartender responds with”it’s for profiling purposes…..”
May I suggest that this thread about Matt Lodge joining Manly,was added just for “profiling purposes”??

tmp2A5.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4