Matt Lodge... Signed.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
When it's all said and done, Lodge on his day is a quality battering ram and doesn't take a backward step. He's cheap, so what's the problem.
The problem is he is cheap but he is not a premiership winning champion and this is why the Ruthless Roosters that want to win another premiership let him go feathered friend

Mathew Lodge was part of the Seibold /Broncos Wooden team spoon disaster in 2020

I can't believe I'm reading some of this positive bullshiite about lodge ...

"just what we need" ... "take no prisoners" .... "Enforcer" .... "forward leader"

Balderdash, rubbish and pig's TIT !!

Can somebody please tell me one club who's performance's he was instrumental in improving ....

... and when you fail at that .... tell me why you think he will suddenly be able to do it for Manly ???

PSS We may well need all these qualities in a forward ... but I don't think Lodge is the bloke that has them ..
$1000 a game for the rest of 2023.

May or may not play a FG game.

May or may not be signed for 2024.

I’ll reserve my judgement until , or if , the latter happens.

The problem is he is cheap but he is not a premiership winning champion and this is why the Ruthless Roosters that want to win another premiership let him go feathered friend

Mathew Lodge was part of the Seibold /Broncos Wooden team spoon disaster in 2020
Love how you manipulate and skew Silvertail comments to fit your own twisted narrative Bozo, fact1 he is a cheap signing, fact2 Roosters let him go because he wasn't playing 1st grade anymore and fact3 so he was part of a team that got the spoon, doesn't make him a bad player, he was just one of 30 in the end.

So let me get this straight. Manly thinks the club would be better with Matt Lodge as a part of the playing roster. Why?

There have been three clubs (and at least two of those have improved significantly without him on their team) that have decided they would be better off without him. And not only that happy to pay to get rid of him!

But hey...things will be different at Manly right? Right?

I don't care if we have got him for free. He is not a good NRL player, and he is obviously a bad teammate. And I haven't even touched on his terrible past.

One of the worst decisions in Manly history to give this guy a contract.

$1000 a game for the rest of 2023.

May or may not play a FG game.

May or may not be signed for 2024.

I’ll reserve my judgement until , or if , the latter happens.

Mate ... If the Tnuc was half as good as his cheer squad on here think he is .... or delivers 1/10 of their imagined forward leadership .... it wouldn't matter how much you were paying him ...

I don't care whether we are paying him $1000 or $1,000,000 ... I just think people are dreaming if they think this bloke is the new Ben Kennedy ..

I'm sure he will ignore the voices in his head for the next 7 weeks and be a wonderful role model ... and I'm certain he is practising all the right things to say ....

But character will show in the end ...

So let me get this straight. Manly thinks the club would be better with Matt Lodge as a part of the playing roster. Why?

There have been three clubs (and at least two of those have improved significantly without him on their team) that have decided they would be better off without him. And not only that happy to pay to get rid of him!

But hey...things will be different at Manly right? Right?

I don't care if we have got him for free. He is not a good NRL player, and he is obviously a bad teammate. And I haven't even touched on his terrible past.

One of the worst decisions in Manly history to give this guy a contract.
I wonder if the Trbjevic’s and DCE were consulted prior to this signing?I know at this stage he’s only on a train and trial contract,but I’d be surprised if he was signed for at least next year.I’ve given Seibold the benefit of the doubt thus far,but Lodge’s appearance at Manly has left a very sour taste

Mate ... If the Tnuc was half as good as his cheer squad on here think he is .... or delivers 1/10 of their imagined forward leadership .... it wouldn't matter how much you were paying him ...

I don't care whether we are paying him $1000 or $1,000,000 ... I just think people are dreaming if they think this bloke is the new Ben Kennedy ..

I'm sure he will ignore the voices in his head for the next 7 weeks and be a wonderful role model ... and I'm certain he is practising all the right things to say ....

But character will show in the end ...
No way he’s the new BK, he was a once in a lifetime pick up.

Let’s just see shall we , it may not be anything more than just a 7-8 week stint.

Just what we need no more mr nice guy, Another Spud, Rambo, Choc, BK, Roberts won't do any harm at all Im innnnn
So you are comparing a player who has never had any rep honours that I am aware of against
Spud, NSW & Australia
Rambo Played for country (his only bit)
Choc, NSW & Australia
BK, NSW & Australia
Roberts, NSW & Australia

Oh and he has played 50 games in the past 4 years. As a reference point Turbo has played 43 in the same time

And when was the last time the Wining at all cost Ruthless Roosters let a winner go mid season

I am with you on this perspective view feathered friend @Woodsie
When was the last time the “winning at all costs ruthless roosters” missed the 8? Looking like it this year. Lodge may be one part of what’s happening there but he ain’t the only issue.

When was the last time the “winning at all costs ruthless roosters” missed the 8? Looking like it this year. Lodge may be one part of what’s happening there but he ain’t the only issue.
The chickens have spine issues at half and hooker, while their fullback is having a very ordinary season. Don’t think lodge was the issue over at Bondi

We all love character in our team (men like Croker, Jake, Rueben and others), so legitimately people's view about the culture and behaviour associated with Matt Lodge is valid.

BUT, he's an Eagle now as it stands, and for that reason, hopefully people give him at least a chance to prove himself both on and off the field (and those who don't care to, that's fine as well).

We are building a pretty cool and awesome team.next season.

I can't believe I'm reading some of this positive bullshiite about lodge ...

"just what we need" ... "take no prisoners" .... "Enforcer" .... "forward leader"

Balderdash, rubbish and pig's TIT !!

Can somebody please tell me one club who's performance's he was instrumental in improving ....

... and when you fail at that .... tell me why you think he will suddenly be able to do it for Manly ???

PSS We may well need all these qualities in a forward ... but I don't think Lodge is the bloke that has them ..
Come on mate, tell us what you really think.

Not sure why the chairman is so easily manipulated by the Moses brother agents to allow this to happen.

A disgusting convicted criminal waltzes through the door when cultural issues have already been an issue for the club the last couple of years?
Just as a matter of interest , do you think criminals can change and do better in their lives ???

The aim of most judicial systems is to try and reform them so they become better people , doesn’t always work , but can.

If your answer is no then that means every single criminal ( in your eyes ) is a criminal for life with zero chance of redemption.

I haven’t bothered following the Mat Lodge story , but whatever he did was a long time ago , I don’t really care about him personally , nor am I a giant fan, BUT I certainly believe people should be given a chance to do better in their lives , and to me it appears that’s exactly what’s happened.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10