Mathematics Computer tutor?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
On most radio station they play those ads constantly.

The ads attempt to make parents feel guilty if your parents don’t get it. Does this software actually work?

What do you hear CW?

Do maths teachers really need that much help?

Couldnt hurt, even if its only achievement is getting them to spend more time on maths.

And teachers have 30 students to look after so the more help the merrier.

It costs about 3k a year! Would wanna be good. For that $ i'd prefer a firm 18 yo chick if I were a 17 yo lad :wink: To teach :wink:

I have taught Maths to younger kids. Different kids pick things up at different rates. Maths is one of those things that depends on previous understandings - but also suits some better than others.

My eldest was very good at Maths but has dropped it for the HSC - despite being band six up to the Year 10 level.

i reckon that the ads are guilt inducing, but a lot of kids do need individual instruction and help. I am sceptical of the ads, though I have coached kids in the past myself!

I thought as much thanks. But do you know of anyone who uses it. Do the teachers at your school encourage the software?

Not that I am aware. You know as well as I do that you should be aware of anything that has to be sold to the public via a scare campaign!!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Maybe they are advertising this because there is a shortage of Maths teachers and due to schools having to put inexperienced (PE teachers) in to have a go at teaching Maths Kids are lagging behind.
I first started out studying to be a Maths teacher (Maths/IT) and was treated like a god by lectures and the like because A) I was male and B) there is a shortage.
Anyway after looking at what I would have to deal with and what the kids get away with now I decided not to put myself through the stress !

After I completley stuffed my education due to lack of effort and interest, I can now see that evey bit of help goes a long way.

Maybe they are advertising this because there is a shortage of Maths teachers and due to schools having to put inexperienced (PE teachers) in to have a go at teaching Maths Kids are lagging behind.
I first started out studying to be a Maths teacher (Maths/IT) and was treated like a god by lectures and the like because A) I was male and B) there is a shortage.
Anyway after looking at what I would have to deal with and what the kids get away with now I decided not to put myself through the stress !

agree its all bloody Mr Sheens fault !!

Or labor not managing the system properly...The teachers would say it's mr sheens fault though.

my neice isnt the brightest spark, She had to use one of these programs and it made the biggest difference you can imagine

Yeah well it all depends on the candidate. If they were as good at Maths as me, then they probably made the program :D , if they are a long way below my standard then, by all means get them the thing.

OR better at maths like me - then they would have got volley to make it and take all the credit for it :D

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4