matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

toovs

Reserve Grader
he is in the side to take on aussies saturday can only make him a better congrats to him he should be there :dance: :dance: :dance: :D

great news

it would be interesting later in the series if Matai and Lyon marked up against each other

I dead set almost had to dodge bullets when I claimed last year that I thought he'd play rep football. In honesty, I thought it may be 4-5 years down the track, but he has exceeded my expectations by a long way.

this can only help his development hope it helps him grow a lot.

His skills were always going to get him to be a first grade footballer. My hope is that its his temperament & outlook on footy that improves with this representative experience. Im sure it will.

I also got shot down by one or two for saying he'd "walk" into a spot in the NZ team this year.

Well done Steve, thoroughly deserved

Yep, well done Steve, hope your defensive lapses aren't on show and maybe you'll pass the ball. Hope the coach puts you in the scrum so we see how you'll go there for us in 07.

we all know where we'd like to see him improve for 2007, but none of us thought he would could play like he did in 2006.

What will 2007 bring?

I dead set almost had to dodge bullets when I claimed last year that I thought he'd play rep football. In honesty, I thought it may be 4-5 years down the track, but he has exceeded my expectations by a long way.

Make sure you take a towel to bed tonight ryan.

Well done to Steve. :clap: :clap:
i echo all your posts. I hope he has a good game , as does Kite and I would like to see the Kiwis get up as I cant stand Ricky Stuart.

He has been a real find for us this year. To crack the NZ squad twice and now be picked is sensational. Best wishes for a great game.
Byso and I caught Steve at year end and he said there were no plans to move to the forwards as he was too small. All the same, you would think it is in the club's thinking and perhaps he might get a move there if there are injuries in the game.

Well the question after this weekend will be who do you move?

A. Bell - a state of origin centre
B. Matai - an international centre
C. Lyon - an international backup 5/8 first, backup centre second

Yes that is simplyfying it but if lockyer get injured and lyon get the gig and goes well the writing will be on the wall.

and to think in 05 we had no decent centres.

I hope he gets smashed, I hope all the kiwis get smashed, i hope all the pommies get smashed :blaugh: :blaugh: smash em all :twisted:

C. Lyon - an international backup 5/8 first, backup centre second

Fluffy, the only reason he is a back up 5/8 and not centre is because the Aussies have a plethora of centres and no 5/8s.

Lyon will play 5/8 for Manly next year. imo

I agree byso, Matai has been such a success at centre that IMO it would be silly to move him. Lyon will play 5/8 and maybe it will be Burns to the forwards??

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Steven Bell
05. Chris Hicks
06. Jamie Lyon
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Menzies
13. Luke Williamson

14. Travis Burns
15. Mark Bryant
16. George Rose
17. Adam Cuthbertson

Poor old Dunley misses out? I don't think Des has the balls...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4