• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No question we are much better team with him there. Would hate to lose him BUT would hate to lose a younger player like Foran or T Rex much more and thats the sad reality we are facing.

Can we get whoever it was that tapped Hindy on the shoulder to tap a couple of our older players on the shoulder too. Seemed to work for a parra legend why not us

But who out of our top paid older players would you tap on the shoulder? Having Joe G retire won't do much for the cap cause i imagine he's not on big money, Kite i suppose is who your talking about? Maybe King, hope not with with him. We need to keep some front rowers with experience. Would prefer to keep King over Kite myself

And there it is - get rid of the "old" players to bring in the young ones

You pose a good question lsz, and it is one that is damn hard to answer

I imagine that Kite and Matai would be similar money, so if looking at somebody, I would probably go in the Kite direction. The trouble there though is what we lose off the park if Kite was to go

I did hear a whsiper pre season that we were prepared to let Kite leave for the UK at the end of the year if an offer came up

Also who is going to step up in the front row?

Either way they are tough questions which will get answered in a way that will disappoint some people

lsz said:
So who do you lose?

Foran
Ballin
Brett
or Matai?

Assuming we are going to lose Darcy as well

I would hate to see him go but would rather we kept Brett, Ballin and Foz

Williams x 2
Lussick
Rose
Farrer
Gulavao

Matai, Ballin and Stewarts are Manly through and through.

ManlyBacker said:
He has been one of our best for a really long time. Love to see Unleash unleash. Whare is learning but if Steve did go we seem to have one of a similar mould coming in.
MB I think Whare is a good player but he is not from the same mould as Matai. I can't think of many players in all the years I've followed the game that I would say are in the same mould as him.

Whare may even be a bit quicker and lighter on his feet, he may end up being a brilliant player. But one of Matai's qualities is that he never stands back, he does the tough hit-ups, he runs and tackles hard all the time. Bit early to be writing his Manly 'obituary' but he has been a key component of our success.

Having said that, it may be a good time to pass the baton. Glad it's not me having to sort all this out.

lsz said:
Also who is going to step up in the front row?

Either way they are tough questions which will get answered in a way that will disappoint some people

Well Kite certainly hasnt been stepping it up so far this year.

bob dylan said:
Williams x 2
Lussick
Rose
Farrer
Gulavao

Matai, Ballin and Stewarts are Manly through and through.

Trouble with that is we lose too many forwards in that lot. Losing Trex, Lussick, Rose & Joe all in one hit ? A real depth killer.

The other issue i see (as KE has touched on) is off field harmony i.e. what players bring to the team off the park and the value that adds

Matai isn't a player manly can afford to lose, he is an inspirational player who lifts the team when he puts his bigs hits on. He leads by example and manly would be crazy to let go of such a quality player.

Phoenix said:
Matai isn't a player manly can afford to lose, he is an inspirational player who lifts the team when he puts his bigs hits on. He leads by example and manly would be crazy to let go of such a quality player.
Metai is Passionate, Inspirational and Intimidating .
Can anyone tell me if any of our forwards are as Intimidating as Metai ???

I love to see Matai stay a Manly player forever.
He always puts in 110%.
That's why our players love to play with him.
Great defender and attacker.
Just GREAT.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10