Matai update anyone??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

blitzkrieg

Reserve Grader
I know its a well worn topic but is there any news? We heard extensions and deadlines etc but all of these have past and was wondering what the word around the team was?  :-\ ???

Thanks.

Just posted this in the rumour section, apparently the Warriors have removed their offer. This is from the LU website:

"FYI - We've withdrawn our offer to Steve. They haven't even bothered giving us an answer and the deadline has now passed.

Time waster of the highest order."
He reckons from a good source, will have to see.

Sounds good for us than, surely the bait of going "home" was the only real threat to staying with us.

mate like i said the longest  contract negotiations  in the history of player managers.. this week the headlines will read warriors give matai ultimatum..

I thought you meant his "injury"..haha!He'll be OK for Sat night,and after 10 mins will get the obligatory shoulder/neck injury,giving the fux commentators a reason for more Matai puns!

ayjay007 link said:
I thought you meant his \"injury\"..haha!He'll be OK for Sat night,and after 10 mins will get the obligatory shoulder/neck injury,giving the fux commentators a reason for more Matai puns!

Yeah, they laid it on heavy last night. "Ït wouldn't be a game if Matai didn't go down for something" etc etc

he hasnt been injured in the games we have been winning has he?

Dan link said:
he hasnt been injured in the games we have been winning has he?
yeah he was injured against tigers & sharks also.. but played on ,,

Warriors have withdrawn offer. Do not know how to post articles.

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/warriors-withdraw-matai-offer-3683518

Good stuff. With Brett Stewart, Robertson, D Williams, Cherry-Evans, Foran, Lyon & Matai our backline is set for 2011.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

we are faster, more skillful, and hopefully have a group of players that actually want to be here (like Matai).

Getting the forwards to be more mobile, more well balanced and fitter is the key though. Using Farrar instead of Bailey as the utility is another step up as well. I've said a number of times, Farrar could be a player that has impact like Gidley did off the bench for NSW.

**** we could have done with Tasi / Weara-Hargraves, but I guess with The Roosters having Storms old "recruitment manager", one would expect those guys to be able to pick up anything that moves....much like Storms recruitment used to have the ability to do.

I love how Choc was linked to them the year before last. Remember that guys !

I don't Ant, he is too valuable doing what he is doing for us now

I think we are more likely to see Lyon moving to open up Whare's spot than Matai

Great news this, I would have been gutted if he had gone. Not 100% yet that it is us, but from all reports it is 98% us that will sign him.

Apparently the Warriors are unimpressed they didn't even get a courtesy call from his manager, they didn't officially withdraw the offer until today as courtesy to Matai preparing for last nights game

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7