Matai out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
From live updates at MSE

BREAKING NEWS: BREAKING NEWS: Steve Matai has been ruled with an ongoing back injury and the club is hoping he will return next week. Further changes to the starting lineup will not be announced until an hour before kick off

Matai continues to SFA for us this year.
How is Burns going elsewhere, when this bum is allowed to cause havoc on the beaches ???

Bit of a muppet of a comment Ryan

Menzies has done even less than Matai. These things happen with injuries. Burns is going elsewhere because he placed demands on the club they weren't prepared to meet.

Kiwi:-

Matai has been in the paper for a head butt situation.
Matai has been in the paper for making a poor waitress quit.

Matai has been suspended.
Matai has dropped the ball against Melbourne with 30 seconds to go to give Melbourne a chance.
Matai has broken Ben Smiths nose.

He sits on the sidelines, causing off field issues, and pretending to pick peoples noses laughing away, while he earns a tidy pay packet.

He deserves my criticism.

All he has been this year, is a liability.

He is NOWHERE near Menzies in class, ability, skill or professionalism on and OFF the park.

between suspensions, off field behaviour and injuries…Matai is a major liability.

I agree that we should halve whatever we are paying him.

Never been a big fan of him – and he’s proving my suspicions right

I discount the headbutt issue, because in a court of law, things went in his favour

The waitress thing was bad

He has been suspended, correct. Yes, it broke Smiths nose, but it was more bad luck/timing with Smith falling into it.

The drop against Melbourne was stripped, but ball control could be an issue at that time.

The nose thing i couldn't really give a toss about, if the players want to have a laugh on the sideline good on them

It hasnt been his greatest season, but injuries can happen to any player. You must have hated Nik Kosef.
In the games he has played this season, he has been great and added plenty, cutting him loose would be stupid.

He’s a goose plain and simple.

Kiwi, the comparison between Kosef and Matai is laughable. Kosef was a fantastic player, an even better bloke, and a clean player.

I know you love Matai – but he has had a shocking year and really done nothing to start moving forward.

I'd rather a lesser player, but one who's there week in, week out, and doesn't abuse females.

Give Bani a shot if he's our winger next year, and move Hicks into the centres.

Or is it just HOPE they succeed at 1st grade next year without knowing?

Come on Kiwi mate, Matai has been a liability THIS YEAR !!

Sorry Backer mate - he's just pissing me off !!!

Settle down numbnuts.

He has a bad run with injury and next minute he's no good thing to be in the team. Take your medicine champ.

BTTT: I think it was expected all week that Matai would miss tonight. They always said they were giving him up until the last hours to be fit.

Cuthbo comes in i take it??

Have we played a game with our full complement of players yet?? How are we going so well when we can't get our full team out on the field yet?? Hope they are all sweet come september.

The comparison had nothing to do with ability, i should clarify that, i was just using him as an injury example, not a test of character or anything

I like Matai as a player, not anymore than a lot of other blokes in the team. yeah, no doubt he has had a shocking year, but when he has been on the park, he has added a ****load, as he did at the back end of last year. That is all I am arguing really

I would hate to let a player of his ability go at this stage, based on an injury count and a suspension.

We stuck with Watmough when he was younger and had an issue or 2 with the grog, and we are reaping the rewards now

We're not talking injury Nutzcraw. It's about off field issues, AND suspensions. This year he has a liability to The Sea Eagles Brand.

I've talen my medicine, and frankly, still feel the same !!

The comparison had nothing to do with ability, i should clarify that, i was just using him as an injury example, not a test of character or anything

I like Matai as a player, not anymore than a lot of other blokes in the team. yeah, no doubt he has had a shocking year, but when he has been on the park, he has added a ****load, as he did at the back end of last year. That is all I am arguing really

I would hate to let a player of his ability go at this stage, based on an injury count and a suspension.

We stuck with Watmough when he was younger and had an issue or 2 with the grog, and we are reaping the rewards now

Mate - hear what you are saying. But he's played about three games right?

1 game he does a head high - suspended
2nd game he knocks on with 30 seconds to go to give the opposition their chance. I won't even mention he SOFT tackling style against Falou where the bloke scored in the corner. Matai's supposed to be an International. Not an international twat.

He hasn't really. He was innocent in the headbutting incident.

The chick behind the bar thing was bad, no doubt. It's one mistake that he personally apologized to her about and i'm sure has learnt a lesson from it.

The stuff he does for Manly the team far outweighs the bad stuff he does IMO.

Fair enough Nutz. Your views as valid as any.

I just think I have given 4-5 specific serious examples though of where he's taken from the great momentum Manly have created for themselves this year.

I mean, Beaver in the centres? That'll do me.

I note Jatz doing his customary dig at me over at MSE regarding this issue. I'm trying to debate pros / cons re: Matai, he's trying to debate pro's / cons regarding me. Like someone has said about him before, a Tiger never really loses his stripes.

I note Jatz doing his customary dig at me over at MSE regarding this issue. I'm trying to debate pros / cons re: Matai, he's trying to debate pro's / cons regarding me. Like someone has said about him before, a Tiger never really loses his stripes.

Oh stop ****en whinging. Ill say it here also. You make no ****en sense.

[quote author=Ryan]

Oh stop ****en whinging. Ill say it here also. You make no ****en sense.

[/quote]

Is this about Matai? Your obsession with me is scary.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4